PDA

View Full Version : New way to farm keycodes :)

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Im sure this is known but for the people who dont.
So trion took away emergency keycodes (to get you to buy lockboxes with bits...stupid)
So to farm keycodes i look on map and fast travel to all major arkfalls put in a bullet and go to the next and then hit minors on the way and once im done i do whatever i want and in about 10 minutes or so youll be rewarded with keycodes
4 keycodes-Majors
1 keycodes-Minors

And if you say well thats not cool becuase you dont contribute well hit all the arkfalls and then go help in a major and while you do that one the other one will be completed by the time your done with the current one.

I just wish they didnt take out emergency keycodes but now I still gain them prety quick.:o

Derity
04-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah lets get everyone to exploit this already known issue!

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:28 AM
hey why not they took out keycodes im trying to help, and in hopes of trion rethinking the mistake they made by trioning (lol) to drain our wallets 3 dollars for a level 4 lockbox...i think not

Derity
04-21-2013, 06:35 AM
lol, well to be honest a lot of people do it anyway.

However, there are a few places now they give some keycodes, I made a thread about it before...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?40124-The-new-way-to-farm-Keycodes.

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:40 AM
oh cool didnt know that but here is another quick way i guess, and i think you can join a shodow war and kill someone and then leave and when thats over you get credit too

Kronic
04-21-2013, 06:42 AM
hey why not they took out keycodes im trying to help, and in hopes of trion rethinking the mistake they made by trioning (lol) to drain our wallets 3 dollars for a level 4 lockbox...i think not

You probably just exposed a glitch I'm sure because I doubt they intended for one bullet shot in a major arkfall to reward you 4 key codes if you just leave. Now they will "attempt" to patch this probably so you have to do x amount of dmg during the ark fall , or cant leave to get keys. Way to help em kill key cards more. Why would you post this? I get you want to help people but do it word of mouth in the game, to friends, and clan mates, or strangers who listen. Not a post in the forums that basically says hey dev's here is how I'm exploiting key cards in your game. Why wouldn't they fix this? They want you to spend real money on bit's to buy the crap green gear you get from the boxes.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Good to know, thanks a bunch!

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:44 AM
You probably just exposed a glitch I'm sure because I doubt they intended for one bullet shot in a major arkfall to reward you 4 key codes if you just leave. Now they will "attempt" to patch this probably so you have to do x amount of dmg during the ark fall , or cant leave to get keys. Way to help em kill key cards more. Why would you post this? I get you want to help people but do it word of mouth in the game, to friends, and clan mates, or strangers who listen. Not a post in the forums that basically says hey dev's here is how I'm exploiting key cards in your game. Why wouldn't they fix this? They want you to spend real money on bit's to buy the crap green gear you get from the boxes.
i was hoping someone would say that, if they fix it good luck getting keycodes there goes thousands of players and a loss of business so if they fix it then they will almost have to add other ways to get them

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:45 AM

Your clan name league is spelled wrong.. sorry it bothered me

Kronic
04-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Your clan name league is spelled wrong.. sorry it bothered me

Didn't even see the extra U in there till you said something haha thanks

Major Nelson
04-21-2013, 06:51 AM
lol no problem

Kronic
04-21-2013, 06:54 AM
i was hoping someone would say that, if they fix it good luck getting keycodes there goes thousands of players and a loss of business so if they fix it then they will almost have to add other ways to get them

I'm not saying they will take the key codes away, they will probably make you have to stay in the ark fall, or deal a set amount of dmg to receive keys now. Not just let you fire off a bullet run off and get 4 keys. Emergencies were harder than shoot a bullet and leave, and they took away the keys from them. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't fix this. It make key's to easy to get the reason they killed emergencies.

loops73
04-21-2013, 07:09 AM
god forbid you people actually have to work for keycodes, kids today looking for the easy way always.

Kronic
04-21-2013, 07:21 AM
god forbid you people actually have to work for keycodes, kids today looking for the easy way always.

God forbid the game gives us key codes to get the crap gear in the boxes. You really think people want to pay for green items? Oh boy I just spent 5 dollars on a tier 4 box for green items worth 1k scrip awesome! If they want you to pay for anything they better make it worth it. Right now it's a straight rip off its pretty much giving them free money. Until they improve boxes they need to be giving keycards out like candy. That's all this game has going for it right now(especially if you have done 80% of the game), is hoping you get enough keys for a box and pray you find something above a blue, which is highly unlikely with their current boxes.

cfStatic
04-21-2013, 07:21 AM

Why does everyone think this? It's simply not true. The very fact that you can get keycodes obscenely fast is just proof that you're wrong. Stop spreading misinformation.

Kazamario
04-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah lets get everyone to exploit this already known issue!

I second that D!

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Lol, don't worry folks this won't get nerfed anytime soon. Just look how long its taking to fix our marvelous chatbox.

Sanguinesun
04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
This one bullet shot technique works on the regular missions that reward 2 keycodes too. If you drive by and see such a mission partially completed(ie someone's there working on it), just stop by, shoot, then saddle up and move on.

But really there's a few other ways that can get you tons more keycodes, just letting you know.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 08:38 AM
This one bullet shot technique works on the regular missions that reward 2 keycodes too. If you drive by and see such a mission partially completed(ie someone's there working on it), just stop by, shoot, then saddle up and move on.

But really there's a few other ways that can get you tons more keycodes, just letting you know.

Now this is what a MMO is all about!

Dack
04-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Im sure this is known but for the people who dont.
So trion took away emergency keycodes (to get you to buy lockboxes with bits...stupid)
So to farm keycodes i look on map and fast travel to all major arkfalls put in a bullet and go to the next and then hit minors on the way and once im done i do whatever i want and in about 10 minutes or so youll be rewarded with keycodes
4 keycodes-Majors
1 keycodes-Minors

And if you say well thats not cool becuase you dont contribute well hit all the arkfalls and then go help in a major and while you do that one the other one will be completed by the time your done with the current one.

I just wish they didnt take out emergency keycodes but now I still gain them prety quick.:o
Good job. Now they're gonna "fix" this. I wish people would learn to keep their ****ing mouths shut.
This IS THE ONLY thing good about this broken game. If they do away with it, I know tons will leave.
I'm sure they will now make arkfalls pointless just like they've done with other aspects of the game. Too worried about putting an end to anything we can gain without buying overpriced bits.
But they won't stop the pursuits from resetting, fix the other 1000+ issues with the game but they'll be super quick to change something to gain them more money...
#FACT

Multigun
04-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Devs have already stated this is not how they want it to be so they will be fixing this in a future patch....You will still get keycodes for actually contributing (I assume), but not for running around killing 1 thing and letting other people do the work *for* you.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Good job. Now they're gonna "fix" this. I wish people would learn to keep their ****ing mouths shut.
This IS THE ONLY thing good about this broken game. If they do away with it, I know tons will leave.
I'm sure they will now make arkfalls pointless just like they've done with other aspects of the game. Too worried about putting an end to anything we can gain without buying overpriced bits.
But they won't stop the pursuits from resetting, fix the other 1000+ issues with the game but they'll be super quick to change something to gain them more money...

Isn't the *point* of arkfalls is to *cooperate* with other players to destroy them? Why don't you slow down, play the game how its meant to be played. Stop trying to get *Uberised* so quick. I really dislike people who complain, about not being able to get gear fast enough, or content has been cleared out for them. Stop playing thru the game so fast, read the quests, explore, help out newbies in starting zones. This is what a online game is supposed to be, not gee-omg, must get full oranges, and beat the game in 2 days. The game came out this month.

cfStatic
04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
#FACT

I do believe Sledge has already said that getting full rewards for just killing one mob in an arkfall is on the list of stuff to be fixed. And really it should be. Again, there are faster and more efficient ways to get keycodes. Too bad for you lazy ****s who don't actually want to do anything for your keycodes.

Dack
04-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Isn't the *point* of arkfalls is to *cooperate* with other players to destroy them? Why don't you slow down, play the game how its meant to be played. Stop trying to get *Uberised* so quick. I really dislike people who complain, about not being able to get gear fast enough, or content has been cleared out for them. Stop playing thru the game so fast, read the quests, explore, help out newbies in starting zones. This is what a online game is supposed to be, not gee-omg, must get full oranges, and beat the game in 2 days.
If they game wasn't broken, I'd be happy too.
If they would worry about fixing the real problems like cars at arkfalls, cheating in PvP, people gear just randomly vanishing, the clan system being totally broke, voice chat is still broke, pursuits & contracts resetting halfway through, getting stuck on nothing & can walk, as well as a lot more other issues...
Not fix the real problems with the game but jump on the way people found to level up fast.
Makes sense, right?

Dack
04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
I do believe Sledge has already said that getting full rewards for just killing one mob in an arkfall is on the list of stuff to be fixed. And really it should be. Again, there are faster and more efficient ways to get keycodes. Too bad for you lazy ****s who don't actually want to do anything for your keycodes.

I could care less about keycodes. Mines been full for weeks. The few boxes I did get only had green so don't waste my time to go get anymore.
They point I'm trying to make is they they are quick to "fix" things that people find to level up or gain keys or whatever because they also charge an overpriced amount for boosts & lockboxes. They want more money so they have to put a stop to that. But haven't fixed anything that make the game broken...

cfStatic
04-21-2013, 09:16 AM
I could care less about keycodes. Mines been full for weeks. The few boxes I did get only had green so don't waste my time to go get anymore.
They point I'm trying to make is they they are quick to "fix" things that people find to level up or gain keys or whatever because they also charge an overpriced amount for boosts & lockboxes. They want more money so they have to put a stop to that. But haven't fixed anything that make the game broken...
Wrong and misinformation. As I have said before, the fact that people can farm them up so quickly is proof to the contrary.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 09:17 AM
If they game wasn't broken, I'd be happy too.
If they would worry about fixing the real problems like cars at arkfalls, cheating in PvP, people gear just randomly vanishing, the clan system being totally broke, voice chat is still broke, pursuits & contracts resetting halfway through, getting stuck on nothing & can walk, as well as a lot more other issues...
Not fix the real problems with the game but jump on the way people found to level up fast.
Makes sense, right?

Name a MMO that was truly 100% bug free, when released?

cfStatic
04-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Name a MMO that was truly 100% bug free for any portion of time during it's lifetime?

Fixed that for you.

Dack
04-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Wrong and misinformation. As I have said before, the fact that people can farm them up so quickly is proof to the contrary.
Don't you see? Soon they wont be... You have to either buy them or play for hours just to get a few. Watch...

Lt_Defiance
04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm glad they took keys out if random events, thank you so much Trion! <3 keep up the great work.

Lt_Defiance
04-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I have opened 5 tier 4 lockboxes, have 3 oranges... I have only obtained 1 green from a tier 4, and only 1 blue.

Yergz
04-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I have opened 5 tier 4 lockboxes, have 3 oranges... I have only obtained 1 green from a tier 4, and only 1 blue.
that's insane. I've opened 2 tier 4's recently. 7 blues and 1 green...

Dack
04-21-2013, 09:32 AM
I've opened about the same. All green & 1 garbage blue sheild.
Let me ask you this...
Did you use keys are real money to open them?

HaZeY
04-21-2013, 09:32 AM
You people and your exploits are part of the reason games struggle. Ho,w are keycodes hard to get? They aren't, your just used to instant gratification. "Lets go kill 20 hellbugs m get 4 keycodes then wait for them to respawn(hellbugs)" what's the point in hunting loot when exploits get you 75 keycodes every hour or so. I can farm co-op get weapons, xp, and keycodes. Take the weapons break them down n get even more keycodes. Look at that, 15-20 minutes of mildly annoying work gets me weapin lvls and about 10-15 keycodes. So what's the problem? And for the people that say boxes only give you crappy gear when you keep buying them with real money, I got a solution, stop buying them. And if you continue to buy with real money, wh complain about what you get, its your fault.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Don't you see? Soon they wont be... You have to either buy them or play for hours just to get a few. Watch...

Better than having to pay 14.99 a month.

Dack
04-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Better than having to pay 14.99 a month.
$60 for the game. Season pass is $40. $5 -$10 for anything good in the game. Soon you'll have to buy boosts to earn any xp, loot, ect...
Hmm...

Darkane
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I'd like to see Trion add in at least a chance of one keycode per emergency event. Some of them require a fair bit of doing and the current loot make for an unrewarding experience.

Spinesnap
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
$60 for the game. Season pass is $40. $5 -$10 for anything good in the game. Soon you'll have to buy boosts to earn any xp, loot, ect...
Hmm...

Game @ 60 Plus, 14.99 for 12 Months = 239.88
Game @ 60 Plus, Lets say 2 season passes a year @ 39.99 each = 139.98

That saves you $99.99 a year, for which you can spend on your OPTIONAL *boosts to earn any xp, loot, ect...*

Major Nelson
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
You people and your exploits are part of the reason games struggle. Ho,w are keycodes hard to get? They aren't, your just used to instant gratification. "Lets go kill 20 hellbugs m get 4 keycodes then wait for them to respawn(hellbugs)" what's the point in hunting loot when exploits get you 75 keycodes every hour or so. I can farm co-op get weapons, xp, and keycodes. Take the weapons break them down n get even more keycodes. Look at that, 15-20 minutes of mildly annoying work gets me weapin lvls and about 10-15 keycodes. So what's the problem? And for the people that say boxes only give you crappy gear when you keep buying them with real money, I got a solution, stop buying them. And if you continue to buy with real money, wh complain about what you get, its your fault.

how hard are keycodes to get? they are certainly harder to get after the update which rempved them from emergencies that was mainly how i got them.

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
tbh... this emergency nerf didnt only boost their T4 box sales at store but it also boosted PVP - all you have to do is semiafk pvp over and over again and farm keys - or play it.

As of now PVP is faster and easier for keycodes then pve is.

a normal match takes less then 10 minutes - and rewards you like 1-2? keycodes. Arkfall can take up to 30 minutes for 3-5 keycodes if you aren ot bugging/abusing it. coop upto a hour or even more for just 5 keycodes.

Iv given up on keycodes - its for those who hardcore farm them now... last T4 box i bought was 4 days ago.

Now i only rarely buy the mod boxes.

Frostlight
04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Just farm co-ops. I walk away with a bunch of salvage/vendor trash, scrip and 5 keycodes per run. Not to mention they're fun. Seriously, it's not as difficult to get keycodes as people are making it out to be. Sure, it might be a bit slower, but it's still doable and you can still get enough in a few hours of gameplay to get a couple of T3s or even a T4 without even having to sacrifice salvage. Plus, you don't need any boosts.

And before you go into the whole "but I don't want to socialize with anyone" argument, it's not like anyone talks in this game...

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
ćoops aint even close to as fast - not everyone has 8-12h/day to spend grinding coops or groups of friends who can do ultra fast flythrough runs and depend off random groups that can take a hour to finish, sometimes longer.

thats like 13 runs for 1 T4 box. even at fast 20min/run thats over 4 hours of constant coop.

Frostlight
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
It's a T4 lockbox...it shouldn't be easy to get. There are 4 tiers for a reason, if it was easy to get T4s, then why bother with tiers 1 through 3?. I think that a few hours of work for a T4 is fine.

That said, i feel like the T4 lockboxes needs to have their rewards adjusted much higher. They should all contain at LEAST 1 orange and 1 purple with the quality of the remaining items being randomly determined and range from orange to blue. That way, they are WORTH the effort that people need to put into getting it. A good example is ME3's multiplayer lockboxes.

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 06:26 PM
1-3 boxes are soemwhat worthless... i get plenty of green through normal gameplay already... its better yo invest the keycodes into mod box instead of a few more green or blue weapons.
T4 has only yielded 1 orange since launch (tho its only just about 15 boxes or so, even then its little - too much green and blue).

through average gameplay without insane amout of time and grinding ... you should be able to get 1 box/day at least /lets say 4-6h of non grind gameplay).

HaZeY
04-23-2013, 06:38 PM
You guy are all WRONG. I have the perfect solution. Just take out keycodes, take out blues whites greens n purples. Take out any mod below the highest. Then. Equip every player with infinite back pack space and give us every variant of every gun from every game from the beggining of time. Cause really. Why farm in an mmo when mmos are made for farming? Seems like a waste of time to me.

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
no thats not farming if its easier to "farm" them from cash shop then ingame. Specially if the farmable item is still crap aswell.
And mmo part is clearly lacking.

Cut ur mmo grinding elitism - not everyone is in ur moms basement playing 18h a day.

HaZeY
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM
no thats not farming if its easier to "farm" them from cash shop then ingame. Specially if the farmable item is still crap aswell.
And mmo part is clearly lacking.

Cut ur mmo grinding elitism - not everyone is in ur moms basement playing 18h a day.

Are you referring to me? Regardless the cash shop would always be easier to farm. As you pay cash n get lock box instantly. As for grinding elitism lol. I have yet to get a legendary and I sit at 1653 ego. Your misunderstood my meaning. I didn't say loot was easy to get as it shouldn't be. I said keycodes are. I don't farm. I breakdown weapons and don't waste my time doing nothing. I can easily get items to equal 4 keycodes in about ten minutes.

Chump Norris
04-23-2013, 08:04 PM
So the new way to farm is simply leeching other peoples work on arkfalls?

Major Nelson
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
So the new way to farm is simply leeching other peoples work on arkfalls?
yes you are correct there no point in staying, no weapon xp, same loot even if you do literally 1 damage, same keycodes and xp. BUT you can hit 3 major arkfalls and continue on with other things.

Firetalion
05-12-2013, 06:46 PM
The negative to this method is you can glitch your game out doing it. If you load across zones, zooming around while all these arkfalls are occuring, the game attempts to keep too much in memory. Sometimes an arkfall leaderboard just won't pop. Sometimes, you try to jump into a busy arkfall, and the 64 characters that are still fighting the last arkfall somehow conflict with the 64 characters fighting the current arkfall, and you get instantly booted.

Don't try it with three different arkfalls at once if you want to pull this off.

I was doing it today just to farm the extra loot from all the major arkfalls into my 'Claim Items' loot pile, and that is when I learned you can't juggle too many of them at once.

And now that they've apparently nurfed car noobs at arkfalls, arkfalls are addicting and fun to just keep fighting in once you're there. =oD

DAWG
05-12-2013, 06:57 PM
. coop upto a hour or even more for just 5 keycodes.

Are you doing them by running backwards and only using melee attacks? lol an hour or more to do a coop :D I run with pugs all the time, I don't have a group of buds to run with. Unless I'm running with complete Muppets, it doesn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes for a co-op run.

Dexter
05-12-2013, 07:00 PM
The negative to this method is you can glitch your game out doing it. If you load across zones, zooming around while all these arkfalls are occuring, the game attempts to keep too much in memory. Sometimes an arkfall leaderboard just won't pop. Sometimes, you try to jump into a busy arkfall, and the 64 characters that are still fighting the last arkfall somehow conflict with the 64 characters fighting the current arkfall, and you get instantly booted.

Don't try it with three different arkfalls at once if you want to pull this off.

I was doing it today just to farm the extra loot from all the major arkfalls into my 'Claim Items' loot pile, and that is when I learned you can't juggle too many of them at once.

And now that they've apparently nurfed car noobs at arkfalls, arkfalls are addicting and fun to just keep fighting in once you're there. =oD

Tagged 5+ without getting booted. It's safe. Just random DC for you.

aRtFuL
05-12-2013, 07:18 PM
The negative to this method is you can glitch your game out doing it. If you load across zones, zooming around while all these arkfalls are occuring, the game attempts to keep too much in memory. Sometimes an arkfall leaderboard just won't pop.

If you spend hardly any effort on an arkfall you really loses nothing by not getting rewards for it.

It is one of those "get it? great! didn't get it? don't care" situation.

Time better spent grinding weapon and reps already anyways.

Net gain.

Hiroller
05-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Like paying for lottery boxes isn't easy... ****

ewishki
05-12-2013, 07:31 PM
It's a T4 lockbox...it shouldn't be easy to get. There are 4 tiers for a reason, if it was easy to get T4s, then why bother with tiers 1 through 3?. I think that a few hours of work for a T4 is fine.

That said, i feel like the T4 lockboxes needs to have their rewards adjusted much higher. They should all contain at LEAST 1 orange and 1 purple with the quality of the remaining items being randomly determined and range from orange to blue. That way, they are WORTH the effort that people need to put into getting it. A good example is ME3's multiplayer lockboxes.

1st paragraph: "It shouldn't be easy......"

2nd paragraph: It should be easier.

????

I think drop rates are fine. The reward is much more rewarding when you get one. If there was an orange in every box then people would just start shining about the extra stats on it are too hard to get perfect.

loops73
05-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Like paying for lottery boxes isn't easy... ****

I have never bought a box with real money and get plenty of keys just playing...you can do 3 co ops in an hour and pvp in between,not to mention arkfalls.i get a t4 box the legit way every couple of hours.