PDA

View Full Version : I am done, i am just over it

Sajuk
04-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Yesterday while playing Defiance i must have died a gazzillion times fighting that Borg wanna be Nim fellow..i have used every tactic and im just over it.
Duuno what i should do? throw Big Macs at him...?

Stimulant
04-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Yesterday while playing Defiance i must have died a gazzillion times fighting that Borg wanna be Nim fellow..i have used every tactic and im just over it.
I didn't really have much trouble with him, so I dunno what advice I can give. I'll try anyways though. Always keep a pillar between you and him, and take out as many clones as you can while they're still across the room. (I used an AR for this)

That is it for general advice, other than that. I would need to know how he is killing you to even try to help.

Verios44
04-21-2013, 07:05 AM

Key is to use a shield like a respark, overcharge or cloak, and a bmg or lmg. That seems to be what ppl have used mostly to beat nim.

I did it with my sporeshot but im a little crazy. I also used cloak, a respark 3 shield, and a bioblast nade to slow him down.

Amnesia
04-21-2013, 07:29 AM
I used cloak, a grenade launcher and a high-dps SMG. There are 3 phases to the fight. If you dies, you will be reset to the beginning of the phase you were in.

Phase I: Big open area
Keep moving all the time. I spammed the auto-lobber and managed to get his health down. When I ran out of ammo (or my shields were down), I used cloak and ran to one of the ammo drops. Repeat until he's dead. (Did I mention keep moving?)

Phase II: Lot of pillars
Again, keep moving. I again used the grenade launcher, especially when his decoys appears on the ledges. (This was the easiest phase for me)

Phase III: Few pillars
It took me a few tries to understand the strategy for this phase, but basically you should go towards the center clear pillar thing and keep him on the other side of it. He will do his yellow attack and make sure the pillar is between you. As soon as the attack is over, hit him with the SMG (or a LAW or something else that's high dps). Then run away around the pillar and repeat (and reload). Occasionally he will go inside the pillar and that's when you should run to the ammo in the corners, but keep an eye out for the rising barriers. Once you've ammo-ed up, return to the center and repeat.

marshy
04-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Dude this is not that hard don't give up keep trying and you will feel the joy of beating him. I used cloak and an assault rifle and smg also use the roll to good effect

Joel
04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
bmg & a good shield then you will *****slap him to hell

Verios44
04-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Phase III: Few pillars
It took me a few tries to understand the strategy for this phase, but basically you should go towards the center clear pillar thing and keep him on the other side of it. He will do his yellow attack and make sure the pillar is between you. As soon as the attack is over, hit him with the SMG (or a LAW or something else that's high dps). Then run away around the pillar and repeat (and reload). Occasionally he will go inside the pillar and that's when you should run to the ammo in the corners, but keep an eye out for the rising barriers. Once you've ammo-ed up, return to the center and repeat.

Here is a break down of phase 3 since it its the most complex of the phases

Attack 1

Usual straight fireballs like any other phase, easy to avoid

AOE attacks

Fireball AOE

He will fire homing fireballs in all directions.
To avoid: hide directly behind any pillar.

Ground smash AOE

Nim will teleport to your exact location then jump in the air for a AOE smash like attack. If your cought in the blast, high chances your dead.

He will do this attack in a row:
Once until 75% health
Twice until 50% health
Three until death

To avoid: when he starts the attack sequence UN to the OPPOSITE side of any pillar and get at close as possible to it. When he starts doing this attack several tines, you can use one pillar to dodge them all just move to the opposite side of where Nim is and you will not take damage at all.

Spiky pillars that explode AOE

Nim will enter the shielded center of the map. He will summon a bunch of spiky pillars that will randomly appear throughout the map. Once they are all spawned, Nim will go about destroying them all and each of those spikes will explode. Also, if your too close to Nim when he detonates, you take damage.

To avoid: The spikes will be identified by a glowing patch on the ground. If your too close to a bunch of crystals, a pump shotgun ( used a grind fragger) will be able to 1 shot them. Make yourself a little hole so you do not get hit by the explosion.
Just like his smash attack, the waves of growing spike crystals will grow to 3 waves. Be careful to avoid them.

Sword
04-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Are you just standing still? lol

Derek
04-21-2013, 08:34 AM
The ground smash is avoidable by jumping at the right time, no need to hide behind the pillar (especially useful because you can keep damaging him with a BMG while doing so)

L3ktr1kgrl79
04-21-2013, 08:45 AM
I feel your pain. Spent 3 hrs getting him down to 50% final phase and I had to give it up. First phase, I eventually played swap sides with him just back and forth on one side of the arena, rolling to dodge the orange blasts. In the 2nd phase, I would lob a grenade each time the clones spawned down from the balcony. They're always in the same spot. BMG was my saving grace. Third phase was just BS. :mad: So don't let all these, "Oh he's easy, beat him first try, no deaths." a-holes get at you. I still haven't beat him. I took a couple days break from the game. I'll get him eventually.

The_Snack_Bandit
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM

Kinda weird but I did it wit a detenator that is set off manually. Just shoot out the grenades as a "trap" use yourself as bait and detonate when he runs on top.. Others are right about respark though, respark shields are great : )

dionysus
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I just used a BMG for the entire fight except for the clones on top of the walls. The last phase is the worst. This is the only time I ever used a BMG

SSlarg
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I Finally killed Nim today, I suggest gaining more levels to open up more perk slots
because for me this made a HUGE difference.

Eagle7D8
04-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Honestly I don't see how everyone had such problems with nim. I killed him easily on my second try.

blazingmarvel
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
I got a combat shotgun with fire, pimped it out and leveled it up to like level 4, and used the speed ego and just sort of runned and gunned him until I finally beat him down. It took awhile though

hellrex
04-21-2013, 06:37 PM

as u heard here today i skimmed though and saw alot mention the bmg ive fought him about 7 times now 3 times for myself just going though story mode over and over again and once on xbox for my brother and once on ps3 for my sister and once on my (alt) banking on them letting you pay for race swap)

anyways hes super easy once u get the dance down of keeping a piller between you and nim at all times unless your trying to attack and never stop moving keep a side to side motion going even when hes on the other side of room and allways circle to the right when possible it allows you to get back behind piller faster do to field of view for your toon being right handed heres a sped up video of me just messing around with a bmg on nim cut scenes are about norm speed all 3 fight rounds are sped up to cut vid from 27 min lol to 6 min

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10338076/nim_vs_chuck_norris/

Irres169
04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Big Macs didn't work, I tried.

DeMoted
04-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Big Macs didn't work, I tried.

Then it becomes a personal skill problem. Go out keep killing things till you get better at the game. You will beat him one day just today is not your day. Also Respark shield... 3sec delay or faster is the best.

Gumbey2172
04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I tried forever with a shotgun and assault rifle after about 10 times of dying I noticed I have a bmg that I picked up along the way to find him and started using that and after a few times I stomped my way thru just gotta keep jumping and healing yourself with the bmg and just constantly attacking him and running. I would hide behind pillars and jump just incase