PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Leveling

JACKAL
04-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Warning: Rant wall below

Am I the only one who's annoyed at the weapon leveling system? Each weapon has nearly identical stats (some worse, some better) with the exception of synergy mods attached to the higher level loot. The leveling system requires that you use a different version (most likely a worse version) of that weapon you have chosen to use in order to raise that particular weapon skill.

For example, I am currently Assault Rifle skill 10 and I have gone through many rifles to get there. I can't always find the type of rifle I prefer, so I end up using what's available to me. I am tired of running around with a weapon I don't want to use or do not prefer just so I can level up that skill. All arguments aside, why should I even have to find 'the same weapon' again so I can level up that skill. I find it kind of silly that each weapon has it's own individual XP bar that once maxed out is completely useless to use again. Unless of course, you've already reached level 20 in that weapon skill and the experience bar would become redundant.

This wouldn't be nearly as annoying if I could actually gain weapon experience during Arkfalls. Enemy density is not high enough during roadside events, and I've completed all the main/side quests, so my only option is to replay Co-Op missions over and over and over again.

Anywho, that's my opinion on the matter and I feel there should be some changes made to the current weapon leveling system,

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Using the same 2 weapons to me seems quite redundant. I like it. Makes you take a step back and change the pace.

A5ko
04-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Using the same 2 weapons to me seems quite redundant. I like it. Makes you take a step back and change the pace.

Seems like cop-out game design to me.

JACKAL
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
It gets boring and repetitive. Personally, I don't want to use certain weapons because I find they're not effective at killing things. Sadly, this is one of the best ways of leveling up that weapon skill.

Fakinell
04-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm using poorer versions of my favourite guns to level up my stats.

Inside, My bloods boiling.

Necis Anima
04-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Agree with Jack...get comfortable with a weapon only to have to chuck it and spend an hour hopping vendors to try and find another.Ive taken to keeping 3 or so versions of each weapon on me.I also hang out in MT tam rehashing to lvl weapon types I don't normally use with out hindering others via group or co op.I think org/epic weapons should not have a cap.Would make them actually valuable.