PDA

View Full Version : Game crashed during arkfall

Arby_Vakarian
03-19-2013, 01:08 PM
The game has crashed on me twice during the arkfall event and i had to hard reset my ps3 to fix it.
Is this a common problem?

Odinswolf
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
You'll need to post this in the beta forums

ExPresident
03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
You'll need to post this in the beta forums

Am I missing something, where is the link to those forums?

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
it was on your email you got with the code in

King Fox
03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Quick message anyone that downloads the beta from PS+ and not from an E-mailed code WILL NOT have access to the Beta forums
Sledge has announced that these forums can be used to talk about the Beta

King Fox
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Post here! the Beta is not under NDA, so discussions can happen here.'

here so everyone knows I'm not just blowing smoke =]

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
'

here so everyone knows I'm not just blowing smoke =]

unless im going mad or my machine is. i can see no link in the post?

ExPresident
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Interesting, I clicked the BETA forums link in my email and it allowed me to register my name. Immediately upon clicking the "return to forums" link to start posting it said I no longer have adequate access.

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Interesting, I clicked the BETA forums link in my email and it allowed me to register my name. Immediately upon clicking the "return to forums" link to start posting it said I no longer have adequate access.

did you get a beta code, or are you psn + ?

Elsa
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
The game has crashed on me twice during the arkfall event and i had to hard reset my ps3 to fix it.
Is this a common problem?
Well, as we can apparently discuss this here now due to the PS3 NDA being lifted, I"ll note that I too had 2 PS3 crashes specifically during Arkfall (the bug) events as well. One was a soft reset... turn the system off and then on, but the other crash required me to unplug my PS3 to reset it (PS3 slim model). Not a huge issue, many games are known for this, but it's interesting that somebody else also found it to be related to the Arkfall events. It should also be noted that there were LOTS of people at the one's where the PS3 crashes took place.

Overall, it's rare that I would load up a beta and find myself playing for hours and hours and totally lose track of time. The game is enjoyable and I can certainly see the future potential once a lot of the issues like voice chat and grouping and friend's lists (basics) get worked out.

Bobbyieboy
03-20-2013, 08:22 AM
As for the OP's question, what kind of internet connection are you running (up and down speeds) actually not what your should be getting as thats a different issue. I have been testing mine under different speeds by making adjustments to the bandwidth going to my PS3 from the switch. I was dropped as well in a archfall on a lower bandwidth setting.

If your bandwidth is to low you can get dropped at these time it's not the game it just your bandwidth. Let me know the numbers when you can.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-20-2013, 08:28 AM
I did 3 or 4 arkfalls yesterday without crashing. I didn't actually get anything from any of them, which may be a different problem.

It looks like there might be different kinds of arkfalls. It looked like I had one switch from one type to another and reset progress in the middle of the arkfall. Either that or some other event got triggered and hijacked the arkfall out from under us.

SummerWolf
03-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Game crashed on Arkfalls twice last night. But this was a known issue a month ago on the last PC beta. Not sure how much patching in this build has been done for the console port.

Synder
03-20-2013, 08:34 AM

Same thing happend to me. Here is a copy/paste of what happened after I tried to view the beta forums after getting a Trion beta invite, not a PS+ one.

Welcome To Defiance Beta!

vBulletin Message

Synder, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

SummerWolf
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Regarding NDA, check the sticky at the top of the page.... posted about 48 hours ago. Ill paste it here.

With Advanced Mission Beta #3 the Defiance Beta NDA will be lifted and discussion around the game can take place in our open forums. Feel free to discuss the Defiance AMB #3 details here in these forums!

If you have questions, feel free to post them below and I will answer them as I can.