PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass and Game Issues

The King Prawn
04-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I've been giving alot of thought as to whether I should lay out for the expensive season pass or not. Just when I thought Yes I'll buy it another session of DCing came along which is making me think is it really worth it? Some thoughts:

1: We all had big issues with connection when the game was first released and you can forgive this due to nature of the game and it being brand new. The developers worked hard to sort out the issues and a while went by without any further problems for me. Over the last few days these connection issues have returned :( The last three days I've DC'd 10 times in half an hour on each day which is getting somewhat frustrating especially when it's during an Arkfall.

2: The game is too easy for an MMO. There are some challenging parts to the story missions but the side missions and Arkfalls are just too easy presenting no real challenge. I'd like to see mobs outside of Arkfalls that require an organised group of general damage dealers, heavy damage dealers and healers to defeat them. There is no need to interact with other players which kind of defeats the point of an MMO, you should need to make use of the chat function to assemble a party and go mob hunting, but you don't.

3: No storage options, you have to carry everything around with you which is a pain at the start when space is limited and is a pain later when you want to save guns/shields etc for your lower level friends to use and have to scroll though 40 items to find what you're looking for.

4: No central hub for people to hang out and arrange raids.

I am enjoying this game and these points have not stopped me playing it. Maybe I was execting too much when I heard this was on MMO, maybe I'm not being unreasonable. I will continue to play and enjoying shooting things I'm sure (as long as they resolve this lastest batch of DCing which is making me think of trade in) but I'm still undecided as to whether I want to pay what it cost me for the game on DLC that may not resolve any of the issues I have and just be more of the same.

Congratulations if you have read down this far +2 to your assault rifle skill.

Keydric
04-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe this will help, maybe not.
Like you said, game and server are fairly new, I have only DC'ed when they are minutes from a scheduled downtime. I say scheduled only because they post on twitter minutes before hand. But you got to hand it them, patching when they need to and not letting **** just sit there broken.

As for it being too easy, again new game needs time to figure out difficulty and mob density. I can see PC getting higher difficulty vs. consoles in the future and I would welcome it.

I don't have a storage issue, but I don't horde items. I stick to a core group of 8 items and everything else is broken down or sold if its not an upgrade. I understand alot of people, many of my clan mates have this problem because they like to store stuff.

The lack of player hub is bad and good. The game is still new and people are still exploring so I can see where there isn't a place people are hanging out at. The bad part of a central hub is that people aren't in the world playing the game. The good part of a hub is people near each other to form groups. I haven't found anything in game yet that would require a hub to make a pug group for.

I bought the season pass because I saw it in my account management page for $39 and since I am having fun in game and I'm a huge fan of the show, it was a no brainer.

The King Prawn
04-21-2013, 03:33 PM
It's a shame I feel like this about the game tbh as it's really quite good. I just think we've been given half a game. The platform but not enough meaningful content. Not enough depth or challenge. This may be fixed with dlc, we'll have to see. Butwill we end up paying three times a normal games price for a finished article?

Jestunhi
04-21-2013, 03:39 PM
It's a shame I feel like this about the game tbh as it's really quite good. I just think we've been given half a game. The platform but not enough meaningful content. Not enough depth or challenge. This may be fixed with dlc, we'll have to see. Butwill we end up paying three times a normal games price for a finished article?

We've been given considerably less than half the game, given that it's designed to receive regular updates alongside the TV show.

But it's not as if this were unexpected. When the game first came out I saw it as a prologue to the series. Now that the series is going I'll see what they do content-wise. Since the entire first series has already been filmed they should know exactly what will be happening for the next year already.