PDA

View Full Version : srsly weapons?

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 12:43 PM
can you explain them to me, what is the purpose of the numbers next to the icon. I have a white quality sniper with 3 next to it which is far superior in every aspect than a blue quality sniper with a 124 next to it.

OcelotKharn
04-21-2013, 12:45 PM
I to see it to be pointless, I have a purple lvl 20 sniper rifle that I cant replace as nothings been remotely as good. Im now lvl 900 and still its the only sniper rifle I use

N0va
04-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Weapons are not level or ego rating based, they all have a flat damage.

Ex. A level 1 Vot Blaster will be the same damage as a level 1000 Vot blaster.

The only differences and advantages a weapon can have will be based on stat bonuses and mods.

Schnibbly
04-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes that number is useless, I believe it is just the level required to equip it. (Say you want to trade a level 560 item to your friend who is 247, he wouldn't be able to use it until he reached that level.

Dans_Macabre
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
so whats the point in having ego requirements in the first place? or whats the point in even upgrading at all in consequence why have a progressionable game where progression is pretty much pointless except for some very situational perks thats are tbh a bit **** except the main one you choose

Schnibbly
04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
so whats the point in having ego requirements in the first place? or whats the point in even upgrading at all in consequence why have a progressionable game where progression is pretty much pointless except for some very situational perks thats are tbh a bit **** except the main one you choose

Actually, I am only commenting on "Very situational perks that .........." - I actually believe they are not crappy, I have a great defensive build that I use for PvP and all I do is switch Blur to Decoy when goin PvE, I find perks to make all the difference

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes that number is useless, I believe it is just the level required to equip it. (Say you want to trade a level 560 item to your friend who is 247, he wouldn't be able to use it until he reached that level.

if they are not any better why have a ego requirement

Schnibbly
04-21-2013, 01:13 PM
if they are not any better why have a ego requirement

Ask the Devs, but good luck getting any reply, they only reply if someone calls them out or praise them for this "Amazing" game...

Jestunhi
04-21-2013, 01:14 PM

1. To find a weapon with a better combination of bonuses (or more, higher rarity have more bonuses).

2. When you max the xp on a weapon you stop gaining xp for that weapon type.

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 01:14 PM
should have read these before I paid my 59.99 last night

Jestunhi
04-21-2013, 01:15 PM

A lesson has been learned then.

Work out what something is before you throw your money at your monitor.

Gear makes very little difference in this game, nor does level. This is about the better players winning.

It's an open world shooter, not an RPG.

Booshy
04-21-2013, 01:28 PM
It's basically pointless - frag grenades are the only weapons that seem to get better as you advance in ego

Richter
04-21-2013, 01:43 PM
from what i understand (i may be wrong), while weapon stats don't change with ratings, stat bonuses/ mod slots do. it can get pretty expensive adding those mod slots as opposed to it already being there.

jnt
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
from what i understand (i may be wrong), while weapon stats don't change with ratings, stat bonuses/ mod slots do. it can get pretty expensive adding those mod slots as opposed to it already being there.

Something like half of the synergy mods you can find in weapons are not actually in game.

Richter
04-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Something like half of the synergy mods you can find in weapons are not actually in game.
unfortunately true, i found that out the hard way. spent many keys looking for veteran mods only to find out they aren't around yet.
but i believe they will be available soon enough.

Crystalyze
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
i can say good luck being a ego 100 trying to kill a ego 1000 personally lastnight i had sum guy walk up behind me light me up with the infector and then chased me with his shotty and i turned around and destroyed him in 2 shots the only thing that saved me was my build that basically makes me a tank

Crystalyze
04-21-2013, 02:22 PM
getting higher ego and stats for weapons helps alot

Nachyo Chez
04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
It's been said, but sometimes it helps to have it said again in a different way:
All weapons of the same type have the same base stats. Some weapons, though, will have 'specials' that come on them. These include faster reloads, elemental damage, etc. The chances of these stats appearing are based on their EGO rating and their rarity. Since it is chance based, it is entirely possible to get a green weapon at level 20 that's just as good as a purple weapon at level 200 but when you start getting those 200 weapons the ODDS of getting a good weapon are better.

Mod slots also appear more frequently on higher level weapons making them cheaper to upgrade to maximum potential, which is great since you'll need to switch weapons out every few hours anyway (get to that in a moment). At high EGO ratings, you also get access to special 'Synergy' mods that make the weapon stronger for equipping specific mods to it. Some of these are gimmicky, others fit certain play styles.

Weapons also 'Level'. Basically, the more you use a single gun, the closer you come to 'mastering' it. When this happens you unlock a new special ability for the weapon (also random, so far as I am aware). The downside to this is that once you've mastered a weapon then you can learn nothing new from it. What this translates to is that you'll no longer receive experience towards that weapons skill (ie, if you max out an assault rifle and keep using it, you'll never increase your assault rifle skill). This means that by not switching out your weapon every so often you actually slow down your character progression. (You can tell a weapon's usage by looking at it in the compare screen, there's a white bar that slowly fills just like a standard xp bar, but it only has one level).

Hope this helps!

Ninno20
04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Wow idiots are always content in thinking inside of there box. Just because other games have a progression system based on weapons doesn't mean all have to.

This game is about using many different weapons, rather then scared people afraid to leave there comfort zones. 1 minute you can be using a sniper then a detonator then an infector.

This game is about variety about trying new and different weapons, with the added options of getting the most out of your favorite weapon by modding it and maxing its xp bar for max arkfall kills / damage, or for pvp (don't say its all about just shotguns shadow war is a thing also).

And if you don't think guns progress and they all stay the same damage your doing it wrong, even a simple thing like a crit multiplier from 3% to 5% can be the difference between 2k damage and 2.5k. Not to mention the 5% damage boost you get at level 20 in a weapon.

Look at call of duty.... you don't cry because leveling up those weapons don't increase damage do you? at lest you can on this, and if done right to great effect.

ok essay over.

crasher
04-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Wow idiots are always content in thinking inside of there box. Just because other games have a progression system based on weapons doesn't mean all have to.

This game is about using many different weapons, rather then scared people afraid to leave there comfort zones. 1 minute you can be using a sniper then a detonator then an infector.

This game is about variety about trying new and different weapons, with the added options of getting the most out of your favorite weapon by modding it and maxing its xp bar for max arkfall kills / damage, or for pvp (don't say its all about just shotguns shadow war is a thing also).

And if you don't think guns progress and they all stay the same damage your doing it wrong, even a simple thing like a crit multiplier from 3% to 5% can be the difference between 2k damage and 2.5k. Not to mention the 5% damage boost you get at level 20 in a weapon.

Look at call of duty.... you don't cry because leveling up those weapons don't increase damage do you? at lest you can on this, and if done right to great effect.

ok essay over.

Ok, but it's not like you're going to use more than your two basic weapons in any load-out during a firefight.

You're not going to go into inventory and swap your secondary for a different weapon.
You're probably not going to swap to a different load-out while you're getting pummeled.

So you're still going to equip and go for it, you win or get your *** kicked. I might not want to have to learn every weapon system just to make me a better citizen.

And it's a PITA to spend the e-$ to equip a weapon just to have to start over with a different weapon. I'm not saying I should be able to finish the game with my pistol and shotgun, but I sure don't want to have to equip and use 49 different weapons only to find out that the one I really need right now is in a different load-out, or got scrapped because it had already leveled up and couldn't increase my XP anymore.

I'm not fighting with you, I'm just disagreeing with the system.

BackStabXS
04-21-2013, 07:06 PM
i dont know if anyone has noticed this but the weapons max exp increase the higher the ego rating it has as well. so it takes longer to max a weapon out the higher the ego rating thats on it.

Ninno20
04-21-2013, 07:10 PM
I was not suggesting changing your loadout mid firefight but i have 5 load outs, each one for a different thing. I have arkfall which is my 2 best weapons i like using for max damage with overcharge. I have one for pvp, one for leveling exp on weapons, then a cloak load out then a blur loadout.

Each one with different weapons for different areas, but also utilities my best weapons iv leveled and moded.

Thats my point, there is more ways to use the weapon system, not just one.

kyxsune
04-21-2013, 07:12 PM
quick question: does any1 use a sniper in shadowar? it seems the rendering distance renders them moot.

DeMoted
04-21-2013, 07:15 PM

Yea this game isn't WoW.

Ensu
04-21-2013, 07:21 PM
quick question: does any1 use a sniper in shadowar? it seems the rendering distance renders them moot.

If you get a bolt action sniper with x1.15 crit mods or better, you can pop heads with one shot. Overcharge, shadowed strike or the other damage/crit increasing perks take care of the rest. It requires a little more aim than a shotgun kill, but I find it more satisfying. And generally, safer.

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
WoW? yeah it isn't that impressive