PDA

View Full Version : No rewards?

Depressed
04-21-2013, 12:54 PM
I am about 400 ego rating and so far all guns are the exact same. I read threads from people who claim to be 5000 ego rating and still the guns are the same. This game doesn't have gear to equip and better your character, it has weapons. But if the guns stay the same damage why am I still playing? If I have been playing this game for a month or two I should be able to stomp someone who is just starting. Apparently that is not that case though because I don't get better, don't feel stronger, and get no rewards.

ironhands
04-21-2013, 12:55 PM
you do, just not dramatically better. Why should a new player have to deal with being stomped by you, just because you've been able to play longer?

Depressed
04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
because that is how games work. If I don't feel more powerful after putting days in to a game. It's pointless.

Antomus
04-21-2013, 01:26 PM
because that is how games work. If I don't feel more powerful after putting days in to a game. It's pointless.

Wrong. That's how WoW works. In Defiance you're rewarded with things like bettering your perks, using more perks, and things of that nature. I quite enjoy the fact that a good player with an EGO rating of 100 can stomp a bad player with an EGO rating of 4000.

Depressed
04-21-2013, 01:36 PM
It's too bad PvP sucks in this game and it all comes down to.. shotguns. So that doesn't factor in for me. I SHOULD be able to stomp some new person when I've been playing this game for weeks.

Palor0
04-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I noticed more bonuses on guns around 900 ego.

Antomus
04-21-2013, 01:41 PM
It's too bad PvP sucks in this game and it all comes down to.. shotguns. So that doesn't factor in for me. I SHOULD be able to stomp some new person when I've been playing this game for weeks.

You're right, you should. If you will or not all depends on how you build your character and the personal skill you put into the fight. Man, I love being able to beat someone in a fight because I'm better than them at this game, not because I've been logging in for longer. It's far more rewarding that way!

Kirzan
04-21-2013, 02:03 PM

Lol, the people who think gear = power. If you're a higher ER than someone, and he is stomping you, it only means one thing buddy! You're bad at the game, or he's better than you. Because just "AFK farming a BS currency" doesn't make you magically better. Sorry, man, you won't win this argument.

The only way to be cheap about it in Defiance is to use the flavor of the month "generally OP" loadouts. But hey, you're clearly not interested in this game, so what the hell.

ExpiredLifetime
04-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Gear-based progression creates a very large crutch for people, and that sort of crutch in a game such as a shooter is usually regarded as unacceptable.

Depressed
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
lmao, the pvp is a joke. I'm not even talking about pvp. I'm talking about character progression. I don't care about pvp. I want to see bigger numbers. Everything is the same. There is no character progression other than perks lmfao.

Depressed
04-21-2013, 02:23 PM
There is nothing to strive for in this game if there is no loot progression.

ExpiredLifetime
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
There is nothing to strive for in this game if there is no loot progression.
So by that standard, there is nothing to strive for in anything that doesn't contain loot progression.

Depressed
04-21-2013, 02:29 PM
then why are you playing this game?

MAdMaN
04-21-2013, 02:30 PM
You want to strive for something? How about building the best character for your play style.

You obviously missed the point of ExpiredLifetime's post. They're saying that what you're saying is there's no point playing because there's no loot progression. They feel differently.

dirtyklingon
04-21-2013, 02:38 PM

no. why are YOU playing this game?

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Wrong. That's how WoW works. In Defiance you're rewarded with things like bettering your perks, using more perks, and things of that nature. I quite enjoy the fact that a good player with an EGO rating of 100 can stomp a bad player with an EGO rating of 4000.

LMFAO exactly...THAT IS HOW WoW WORKS. This is a skill based MMO if you(with a higher ego rating that a new player) cant beat the new players then its not the game or gears fault but your own. The more you level up the more ability slots you unlock and there for the more powerful you are. GW2 is another example of a skill based MMO where gear didnt affect success you skill did. Whether or not you used your dodge or skills at the right time instead of standing there and face tanking damage like a noob decided if you would come out on top just as it does here. Move around, use your skills and dodge roll damage to survive. The more you play the better you will get at the game and in turn the more "powerful" you will be in pvp. I laugh at people that think gear should be the only deciding factor when it comes to fighting other players.

Ralifur
04-21-2013, 02:44 PM
OP if thats how you feel then you are going to be very sad with upcoming mmos and other games as well.

Due to the big focus on Esports and competitive gameplay these days then allowing what you want is eliminating the competitive aspect for everyone apart from the ones who spend 24/7 ingame.

I could understand you saying if it was because you wanted to feel stronger and kill npcs faster but actually mentioning players there sorta makes me laugh quite a bit.

and last
Gear =/= Skill

If you beat someone with skill you earn my respect.
If you beat someone because of gear difference then no respect will be given.

Multigun
04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
OP if thats how you feel then you are going to be very sad with upcoming mmos and other games as well.

Due to the big focus on Esports and competitive gameplay these days then allowing what you want is eliminating the competitive aspect for everyone apart from the ones who spend 24/7 ingame.

I could understand you saying if it was because you wanted to feel stronger and kill npcs faster but actually mentioning players there sorta makes me laugh quite a bit.

and last
Gear =/= Skill

If you beat someone with skill you earn my respect.
If you beat someone because of gear difference then no respect will be given.

Yup. OP, if you want this game to be based on gear, you are not going to be happy. This is not a "traditional" mmo. There are hundreds of MMO's that are gear based that I invite you to go play. And secondly, you greatly underestimate perks apparently. At 1800 EGO I have tons of different perks, and 5 completely different loadouts for various situations. Some of my loadouts do FAR more damage then my others, and it's not even close.

Cynical Jester
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
You're right, you should. If you will or not all depends on how you build your character and the personal skill you put into the fight. Man, I love being able to beat someone in a fight because I'm better than them at this game, not because I've been logging in for longer. It's far more rewarding that way!

This man speaks the truth!!!

To OP: Sorry this isn't WoW and you can't run around and LOLWROFLMAO curb stomp people in the starter zones...

Edit: ****ing no skill kids wanting everything easy to make themselves feel good about their pathetic lives.. it really is getting ******ed.

Whippersnapper
04-21-2013, 03:28 PM
I have to agree with the poster. Ive played many MMOs and that's how it works. Your character gets stronger as you play. A power levelers are stronger than someone who plays more, but that is because they level the most efficient way.

In general though, its: Play Longer = Stronger character

Improvements
You do get stronger though. You get better buffs as you play. Higher EGO skills, Perks, better shields, weapon mods.... Oh and if you havent noticed, your weapon levels up too. I think many ppl havent leveled their weapon because they change it often while they find that perfect weapon. You don't want to waste time leveling a basic weapon when you can be leveling that 4 mod weapon that came with built in specials. Right?

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
lmao, the pvp is a joke. I'm not even talking about pvp. I'm talking about character progression. I don't care about pvp. I want to see bigger numbers. Everything is the same. There is no character progression other than perks lmfao.

Well when you started talking about bieng able to stomp someone who just started playing just cos youve been paying longer... all of us with a brain in our heads would assume you WERE talking about PvP, since you dont fight against other players in PvE. You obviously dont understand this game. Go back to borderlands. (which is actually my favorite game series before defiance came out) but I still understand this games premise as well.

Jestunhi
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
If I have been playing this game for a month or two I should be able to stomp someone who is just starting.

I agree, because you will have had a month or two more practice.

But you will not win because you have a +21 SMG of divine righteousness.

If you want a gear grinder then you bought the wrong game.

:edit:

Why are people telling us that gear grinding is common to MMOs?

Technically correct, but 99% is specifically in MMORPGs.

This is not an MMORPG, it is not advertised by Trion as an MMORPG. Not anywhere.

It's an open world shooter. An MMO but not an RPG.

Saying it sucks because it lacks MMORPG features is like going on a baseball game forum and saying "this game sucks, sports games usually let you kick the ball like FIFA does!"

Ralifur
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I have to agree with the poster. Ive played many MMOs and that's how it works. Your character gets stronger as you play. A power levelers are stronger than someone who plays more, but that is because they level the most efficient way.

Improvements
You do get stronger though. You get better buffs as you play. Higher EGO skills, Perks, better shields, weapon mods.... Oh and if you havent noticed, your weapon levels up too. I think many ppl havent leveled their weapon because they change it often while they find that perfect weapon. You don't want to waste time leveling a basic weapon when you can be leveling that 4 mod weapon that came with built in specials. Right?

the first part of your post I will agree with regarding PvE but it is not how PvP is headed. They are trying to make PvP competitive and skill based in the mmo industry these days.

Sword and board type mmo's where all you do is number crunching and read guides online for how to progress on bosses and your own abilities and create silly macros to play for you, instead of actually making your own character, is slowly turning into a thing of the past.
The action based type of mmo is slowly creeping forward and becoming the new thing. Its just a matter of time before it manages to really break the barrier completely. :-)

Online gamers nowadays are very competitive in how they can beat one another. Using grinding and time invested in an MMO is loosing its respect. (sadly it is pretty much the only thing that can make an MMO longterm unless you can found a super engaging amazing pvp aspect and dont tell me WoW have managed to beat that one by including raiding. Raiding is still grinding as once youve done it once you will repeatedly do it again to gain new items to progress further. Its just one of those things which makes the grinding easier to hide since you do it together with someone rather than alone. But it is still grinding!)
The real respect comes in how you best your opponent and tbh in most cases it doesnt even lead to respect. It leads to envy. :-)

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
im just getting bored of the same numbers, I shoot anything in its crit spot with my sniper rifle and its 3010. Ive been seeing 3010 for about 5 hours. because 1. I am not coming across any sniper rifles better and Ive had this one since EGO rating 50 and I am not Ego rating 160. and 2. nothing changes, stat wise. I agree the perks are nice but that seems to be the only progression in this game...aside from mods. I understand what he means about wanting some sort of progression. I do however disagree with the pvp portion. the perks/ skill should be enough to carry yo through pvp... unless you suck. It just feels as if there is nothing to really work towards. empty if you will

ExpiredLifetime
04-21-2013, 03:59 PM
im just getting bored of the same numbers, I shoot anything in its crit spot with my sniper rifle and its 3010. Ive been seeing 3010 for about 5 hours. because 1. I am not coming across any sniper rifles better and Ive had this one since EGO rating 50 and I am not Ego rating 160. and 2. nothing changes, stat wise. I agree the perks are nice but that seems to be the only progression in this game...aside from mods. I understand what he means about wanting some sort of progression. I do however disagree with the pvp portion. the perks/ skill should be enough to carry yo through pvp... unless you suck. It just feels as if there is nothing to really work towards. empty if you will

Bluntly speaking, you're playing the wrong type of game. In a shooter, nothing should carry you. Period.

Jestunhi
04-21-2013, 04:00 PM

Increasing the numbers means one thing - the enemy stats have to increase too to stop the game from getting easier as you level up.

Which then adds additional requirements to content. Right now you can do any content with any level of gear, with gear grinding you are forced to grind for appropriate stats before you can participate in content.

No thanks, I'd far rather keep seeing the same number.

Ralifur
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM

I can also fully understand you people wanting loot progression but generally their game model in this case opens up for the entire world to be progressive towards your goals. You have a reason to go back and areas doesnt get you shut out from them simply because there is no real gear progression. You have the possibility to go everywhere for rewards.

My biggest beef about the loot at the moment tho is that I found a purple grenade launcher with no additional stats in it and then I found a green grenade launcher of the same sort which actually had a bonus stat in it. Isnt a purple supposed to be atleast be better than a green?
That kind of thought I do not understand however.

On another note there is costumes and vehicles and titles to work towards so its not like you dont have anything which you cant show off that you have accomplished and others still might desire. But yeah the desire for a title, costume or vehicle is lower than loot because a number makes a difference in your gamestyle whereas the former 3 does not. The number makes you capable of doing something another person cant. The number gives you an advantage and you strive for that advantage!

Not specifically talking to the guy I quoted but there are alot of people who think like you. I am not going to say you are wrong but this game is different than what you want atleast. :-)

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM

Improvements

Thats not how they work anymore. Now that competitive e-sports is gaining support MMO's are doing away with the stupid model that allowed players with no skill to beat some one simply because they have played longer and have farmed for better gear. MMO's are gearing towards skill based pvp which has no place the old gear farming grind = power crap.

And the game does exactly what you are saying, the longer you play defiance the higher your ego level and the more skills you have available. So no you and the poster are wrong and if you can't handle skill based game play then there is always WoW.

ironhands
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM

no, it isn't, at all. I could list a hundred games where you don't get stronger as you progress.

ironhands
04-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Thats not how they work anymore. Now that competitive e-sports is gaining support MMO's are doing away with the stupid model that allowed players with no skill to beat some one simply because they have played longer and have farmed for better gear. MMO's are gearing towards skill based pvp which has no place the old gear farming grind = power crap.

And the game does exactly what you are saying, the longer you play defiance the higher your ego level and the more skills you have available. So no you and the poster are wrong and if you can't handle skill based game play then there is always WoW.

A lot of that was to make certain they continued to get your monthly subscription fee :P

Ralifur
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM

I also fully agree with this. I am of the old genre myself. Also in age (sadly, wish I was 18 again T.T)

Nonetheless there is nothing holding them back from having split pve and pvp. and having 2 pvp modes where one would allow pve gear and the other not allow it.
Generally this is alot to make and requires ressources which is ofcourse why I believe it hasnt really been seen yet but that would be the best way to do it as it will give pretty much all parts what they want.

I personally wish defiance had split up both PvE and PvP instead of combined the 2. Would make for a more progressing PvE and yet competitive PvP. :-)

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
A lot of that was to make certain they continued to get your monthly subscription fee :P

lol yup the game models are archaic and dying off now that competitive e-sports is gaining momentum now

Booshy
04-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I am about 400 ego rating and so far all guns are the exact same. I read threads from people who claim to be 5000 ego rating and still the guns are the same. This game doesn't have gear to equip and better your character, it has weapons. But if the guns stay the same damage why am I still playing? If I have been playing this game for a month or two I should be able to stomp someone who is just starting. Apparently that is not that case though because I don't get better, don't feel stronger, and get no rewards.

I agree and understand your point, it is a bit of a downer.

Booshy
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Actually that's how pretty much all games work. I haven't played many rpg's where I stayed at level 1, or the equivalent in power to level 1, through the entire game - or kept my basic copper sword through the whole game. And most shooters have more progression than this game too. Imagine how fun Borderlands would be never getting more powerful weapons - not very. And the whole argument seems to be to keep people on a level playing field for pvp. Whatever, all they would have to do is equalize the pvp maps so that everyone has similar set stats or weapon stats. Most of the game is pve anyway so there is no reason not to have progression.

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I also fully agree with this. I am of the old genre myself. Also in age (sadly, wish I was 18 again T.T)

Nonetheless there is nothing holding them back from having split pve and pvp. and having 2 pvp modes where one would allow pve gear and the other not allow it.
Generally this is alot to make and requires ressources which is ofcourse why I believe it hasnt really been seen yet but that would be the best way to do it as it will give pretty much all parts what they want.

I personally wish defiance had split up both PvE and PvP instead of combined the 2. Would make for a more progressing PvE and yet competitive PvP. :-)

haha yea i miss being 18 too =P the old models were fine for what they were back in the day but gaming is turning into less of a level grind/ gear farm and transforming into serious competitive play and I gotta say I enjoy it. Gaming to me is more about wining matches/games/tournaments/etc. now than it is about getting to lvl 90 in WoW and doing raids with your guild. That was fun back then but its grown rather dull and boring compared to fast paced pvp in games such as shooters or GW2 or SC2. Games reward the players for practice and increasing your skill now with wins instead of rewarding you for grinding/ farming with gear that makes you stronger than someone who is more skilled than you but doesnt have the time to spend for ever grinding for that one rare drop.

dirtyklingon
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
vertical progression - so over done to death that people now think it's the only way games have every been done.

kinda like wow clones. so over done to death that people think it's the only way mmo's can be done.

ExpiredLifetime
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Actually that's how pretty much all games work. I haven't played many rpg's where I stayed at level 1, or the equivalent in power to level 1, through the entire game - or kept my basic copper sword through the whole game. And most shooters have more progression than this game too. Imagine how fun Borderlands would be never getting more powerful weapons - not very. And the whole argument seems to be to keep people on a level playing field for pvp. Whatever, all they would have to do is equalize the pvp maps so that everyone has similar set stats or weapon stats. Most of the game is pve anyway so there is no reason not to have progression.
Do you know why those games do progression the way they do? They're forced into it.
Gear progression is a way of gating content. Gating content is something Trion did not want to do.

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 04:55 PM

Love how people who share the OP's point of view believe the game has no progression good luck in life with those observational skills of yours

ironhands
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM

You're incorrect. It is not just for PvP, but for PvE as well. Look at any game with a strong vertical progression design, and then look at the difference in population from one zone to the next. If it's done using vertical progression, all of the effort you put into the early and middle zones is wasted, as people only go through it once, and rarely, if ever, return. Vertical progression is just an illusion. You level up, and get stronger, but as soon as you make it to the next zone, you still have a challenge, but everything lower than that, is now trivial.

When you go with horizontal or subtle progression, you can easily return to those zones and still find a challenge. Players who might start playing the game in a year or two, won't have to feel rushed to catch up to everyone else to do the newest content, they could start right there.

It's also a system that rewards your actual skills, and not the time you've been playing.

ironhands
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
im just getting bored of the same numbers, I shoot anything in its crit spot with my sniper rifle and its 3010. Ive been seeing 3010 for about 5 hours.

turn off the numbers then

Natjur
04-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I am sure there was many posts about how this game was designed and that there would be very little vertical progression. If you don't want a L10 ego being able to kill a L5000 ego player, then I think you have picked the wrong game.

ironhands
04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
lol yup the game models are archaic and dying off now that competitive e-sports is gaining momentum now

it's really a shame too. I look at Everquest, 13-14 years now? There is more content in the zones people don't visit any more, than are in most games. Some of those zones were amazing back in the day, and go almost completely ignored now, it's kind of depressing. I said this in another thread, but I would love to see what they could do with a lot of those outdated zones if the implemented the horizontal progression model. They made an attempt in Everquest, with "spirit shrouding", to turn you into lower level character or monster, to revisit those levels, but it didn't catch on.

Natjur
04-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Signature
I like that signature, it answers 90% of the common faults. Now if only the devs will have a lot of that with 'known' issues they are looking into

Kleptobrainiac
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
OP sounds depressed.

babyfacenorman
04-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Love how people who share the OP's point of view believe the game has no progression good luck in life with those observational skills of yours

yeah because that's how people see life, there is a difference between how you feel about a game and how you feel about life. u r su smrt

ironhands
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
yeah because that's how people see life, there is a difference between how you feel about a game and how you feel about life. u r su smrt

he's saying if you can't see the subtle progression at all, you'll miss many such subtleties in life, or, that if you feel that the only reward is getting something better, you may also miss out on many other rewards in life

Castiel Krios
04-21-2013, 07:50 PM

clearly you missed the moral of what I was saying which means that my previous statement is also directed at you...Good luck in life good sir you will need it lol

and on a side note wth is with the whole "u r su smrt" bit? even if you were going for internet abbreviations you forgot how to spell "so" lol

Ensu
04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
There are some weapons that simply don't seem to show up at lower Ego ratings. Mass Launchers didn't show up till I was 500+, Swarm Rebounder Launchers until I was 1000+.

krodaruoy
04-22-2013, 12:04 AM
im tired of everyone wanting this game to be like WoW too.

Jestunhi
04-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Do you know why those games do progression the way they do? They're forced into it.
Gear progression is a way of gating content. Gating content is something Trion did not want to do.

This.

Can people please stop saying "there's no reason not to do it in PvE" when this reason has been given multiple times now.

Scarfe
04-22-2013, 10:17 AM
This.

Can people please stop saying "there's no reason not to do it in PvE" when this reason has been given multiple times now.

Except for the big bugger on the bridge...

ironhands
04-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Except for the big bugger on the bridge...

you can bypass it if a friend has passed it, just use the warp to friend at the overpass and you can fast travel whenever, so it's not really a stonewall, but yes, you are hindered from accessing everything immediately, same with co-op maps not opening up till certain points are reached.

The Govanator
04-22-2013, 01:52 PM

that's how games that wanna die fast and end up only populated by a bunch of vain little 12 year old call of doody addicts with no one to play with any more work. bad company 2 was ruined for me before I could even get into by kids like that. assault rifles head shotting me as soon as I spawned from across the entire map? shotguns killing me form almost halfway across the maps? the **** guns they started me with, I would NEVER have been able to level up to better weapons to compete since I got the game a month or 2 after it came out, because of all of the spawn camping, overpowered gun bs, which perplexed me to begin with, it was a fps not a rpg, why did I even have to level crap up to begin with, counterstrike you can just buy the better weapons and not grind them forever using the useless versions first, you could use anything you wanted then buy the other ones you wanted later. in halo, you just picked the crap up around the map and everyone was equal int he fact that you only had to learn where the weapons were, and kill someone already wielding them. once you memorized the maps, you were better than people who hadn't. THAT's an appropriate way of time playing a factor in a competitive shooter, learning the layouts of the maps, and of weapon placements in game with that style of play, and learning advantagous positions and places not to be caught dead in on the map. you shouldn't be able to win a competitive shooter just because you camp it 24/7 like it's everquest. competitive shooters are NOT everquest. call of doody has ruined shooters the way that wow has ruined mmorpgs.

Khal
04-22-2013, 03:09 PM
You want to stomp other players because u play longer?

I am glad it does not work like that and it is funny to see players that suck still suck even with a high ego.

A new player can only equip one perk btw so as a high ego player u have all the advantages u can equip there.

Weapons are just weapons.

Castiel Krios
04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
You want to stomp other players because u play longer?

I am glad it does not work like that and it is funny to see players that suck still suck even with a high ego.

A new player can only equip one perk btw so as a high ego player u have all the advantages u can equip there.

Weapons are just weapons.

^Yup...as an ark hunter our advantage in the defiance universe compared to normal characters in the show or game is the ego implant not the weapons we use. The "progession" that people like the OP are complaining about exists within our ego leveling and acquired perks not overpowered gear/weapons that take no skill to use.

The Govanator
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
^Yup...as an ark hunter our advantage in the defiance universe compared to normal characters in the show or game is the ego implant not the weapons we use. The "progession" that people like the OP are complaining about exists within our ego leveling and acquired perks not overpowered gear/weapons that take no skill to use.

and the initial skill beside the slots and unlocked upgrades, will be piecing together the right combos for the right weapons and approaches to combat depending on the maps and modes. experience/ play time plays a more appropriate role this way in the portions of it that are a competitive shooter.

LurchUSA
04-23-2013, 01:40 PM
I quite enjoy the fact that a good player with an EGO rating of 100 can stomp a bad player with an EGO rating of 4000.

Especially if said 100 rating player is using cloak, and a shotgun in PvP. Then the 4000 rating player is TOAST!

Merrin Nightbringer
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Wrong. That's how WoW works.

AWESOME answer. So sad, the number of people who just want to roflpwn everyone else and QQ's the second they can't.

Stryfe
04-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Especially if said 100 rating player is using cloak, and a shotgun in PvP. Then the 4000 rating player is TOAST!

Taking all comers of cloak+shotgun users with my overcharge-shotgun. Your ego rating will not save you :P

Sure, there are a handful of skilled players who opt for the ease-of-use in that build (that is ideal for low ego-rating), but beyond that, overcharge is far superior...go read up on the console and PC posts about it.

Also, cloak will make you lazy. It's good to pay attention and play like a paranoid, trapped murderous rat, rather than being able to hide or sneak at a moment's notice (and thinking your safe in doing so).

I live for finding that shimmer, and I've gotten quite good at it, and then I blow it to jekkin hell!

nosworc
04-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Why is everyone on about PvP? I understand where the OP is coming from, if your not feeling like your getting stronger on the PvE side of things then it can feel pointless. Im going through the same issue myself at the moment playing, it's all fine and good keeping PvP balanced so you can kick someones *** at whatever Ego level but i dont see the point in PvE.
I have played mmo's for over 7 years and i can count on one hand the amount of times i have PvP'd, its not my thing. Feeling your toon is getting stronger is. Just a pity Defiance isn't like that.

ironhands
04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Why is everyone on about PvP? I understand where the OP is coming from, if your not feeling like your getting stronger on the PvE side of things then it can feel pointless. Im going through the same issue myself at the moment playing, it's all fine and good keeping PvP balanced so you can kick someones *** at whatever Ego level but i dont see the point in PvE.
I have played mmo's for over 7 years and i can count on one hand the amount of times i have PvP'd, its not my thing. Feeling your toon is getting stronger is. Just a pity Defiance isn't like that.

ever played borderlands multiplayer with a large level gap? that's why. one person will either be relatively useless, or one person will be way too powerful. in either case, one person will not have a good time.

Castiel Krios
04-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Why is it that you people assume that if someone disagrees with you they MUST be talking about pvp? We have said this multiple times now in reference to both pve and pvp. your ego level is a progression element and if you are not noticing a difference in power/survivablity then thats your own problem not the game's. The more you level the stronger you get and the easier things will become with more perk slots becoming available and more perks getting maxed out. again this goes for both pvp and pve not just one of them. We have also already said that weapons get better as you level up since they become more mod-able. players at around 1k+ ego have reported that weapon vendors start selling weapons with 4 mod slots unlocked meaning more customization and increased performance. So how bout playing the game and realizing that what you are looking for is there instead of complaining that the game doesnt utilize horrible vertical progression with gear such as games like WoW and its clones.

Ravenblack
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm talking about character progression. I don't care about pvp. I want to see bigger numbers. Everything is the same.

Then I would suggest you go play something that is not a shooter/twitch game where skill is the games primary stat.