PDA

View Full Version : Warning do not buy bits till they fix this

bigstack1980
04-21-2013, 02:11 PM
During server issues yesterday, I went to buy T-4 lockbox with resources. When I went to select buy with resources it hiccuped on me and selected buy with bits. There was no prevision in place to ask ARE YOU SURE. Costing me $5.00. I waited a little over 1 hour to talk to support and this is how it went.

GM Kiara: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Kiara. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
You: I went to purchase a T-4 lockbox during a time when the servers were acting up. It wasn't just me experiencing the issues at the time. As I selected resources it accidentally selected bits. There were no buffers in place asking are you sure. If I don't get a refund of the 400 bits, I'll no longer purchase bits. So please help me get a refund and fix the buying process at the lockbox. Thank you.
GM Kiara: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?
You: yes
You: prov******@yahoo.com
GM Kiara: Great, thanks! Just a moment while I retrieve your account information.
You: ty
GM Kiara: If you can give me a few moments to look into this for you. I will be glad to assist you as best as I cant.
GM Kiara: Can*
You: yes, ty
GM Kiara: Thank you for waiting. Unfortunately, It seems that since you opened the lock box, I will not be able to refund the 400 bits used to purchase the lock box. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
You: but it wasn't on purpose
You: during that time the servers were having issues
You: the hiccup happened
You: there needs to be prevision in place
You: a simple are you sure
You: it just opened
GM Kiara: I understand, but unfortunately, I can't refund the purchase as you have gotten your items out of the lock box already. I am very sorry that happened.
You: but
You: it auto opens
You: no buffer to make sure
You: feels like im being ripped off
GM Kiara: I am sorry. I can't refund the purchase. I am very sorry that this happened to you.
You: good way to lose business... it should be addressed.. others had the same type of issue
You: ty for looking into it but you really need to put a buffer in place.
GM Kiara: I will let our developers know of your suggestion. You may not hear back from them on it. I do agree that it would be a good Idea.
You: ty tc

Lance Dracolith
04-21-2013, 02:17 PM
During server issues yesterday, I went to buy T-4 lockbox with resources. When I went to select buy with resources it hiccuped on me and selected buy with bits. There was no prevision in place to ask ARE YOU SURE. Costing me $5.00. I waited a little over 1 hour to talk to support and this is how it went.

GM Kiara: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Kiara. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
You: I went to purchase a T-4 lockbox during a time when the servers were acting up. It wasn't just me experiencing the issues at the time. As I selected resources it accidentally selected bits. There were no buffers in place asking are you sure. If I don't get a refund of the 400 bits, I'll no longer purchase bits. So please help me get a refund and fix the buying process at the lockbox. Thank you.

GM Kiara: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?
You: yes

You: prov******@yahoo.com
GM Kiara: Great, thanks! Just a moment while I retrieve your account information.

You: ty
GM Kiara: If you can give me a few moments to look into this for you. I will be glad to assist you as best as I cant.

GM Kiara: Can*
You: yes, ty
GM Kiara: Thank you for waiting. Unfortunately, It seems that since you opened the lock box, I will not be able to refund the 400 bits used to purchase the lock box. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
You: but it wasn't on purpose
You: during that time the servers were having issues
You: the hiccup happened
You: there needs to be prevision in place
You: a simple are you sure
You: it just opened
GM Kiara: I understand, but unfortunately, I can't refund the purchase as you have gotten your items out of the lock box already. I am very sorry that happened.
You: but
You: it auto opens
You: no buffer to make sure
You: feels like im being ripped off
GM Kiara: I am sorry. I can't refund the purchase. I am very sorry that this happened to you.
You: good way to lose business... it should be addressed.. others had the same type of issue
You: ty for looking into it but you really need to put a buffer in place.
GM Kiara: I will let our developers know of your suggestion. You may not hear back from them on it. I do agree that it would be a good Idea.
You: ty tc

Lol The "but it auto opens" part made me burst out in laughter" sorry that it happened to you though

C0d1esel
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Isn't there a prompt for using ark salvage? Why would they have one for that but not for real life money? Seems shady to me. Also, I've never had a lockbox that didn't already upon once purchased. Why would she beat around the bush like that and act like you might get a refund?

markgatty
04-21-2013, 02:23 PM
yep its happened to me before too.

Obvious Lee
04-21-2013, 02:24 PM
sorry man, but as ****ty as it is, this is how it goes. however, thank you very much for the heads up. greatly appreciate it. as for the in depth reasons why they cannot refund them, its below. hopefully though this wont happen again, because well, not too many people are going to play a game that has a high chance of literally stealing money out of their bank accounts. =/

D. Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods
Purchases of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods are non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law.
As Trion deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, Trion may limit the total amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be purchased at any one time, and/or limit the aggregate amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be held in your Account.
You are solely responsible for verifying that the proper amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods has been added to or deducted from your Account during any given transaction. You are responsible for notifying Trion immediately if you believe that a mistake has been made with respect to your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. Trion, in its sole discretion, may require additional information and/or documentation to verify your claim, and once Trion has the information that Trion deems necessary to verify your claim, Trion may take action to freeze your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods and, if frozen, may unfreeze such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods once Trion has returned control of your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to you. Regardless of any actions Trion may take on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that Trion has sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not your claim is valid and, if so, the appropriate remedy.
Trion reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods if Trion determines in its sole discretion, after investigation, that you have misused such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.
If you leave a balance of Virtual Currency unused for a period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if your account is closed, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, we may process your Virtual Currency balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Virtual Currency balance to the appropriate governing body where required by law.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND/OR VIRTUAL GOODS YOU ACQUIRE HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR MONEY, GOODS, OR OTHER ITEMS OF MONETARY VALUE.
E. Refund Policy
ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES (INCLUDING ANY GAME CARD REDEEMED FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU AGREE THAT TRION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PRE-PAID TIME AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY. Additionally, as products or services (such as Game(s) or Virtual Items) that are downloadable are deemed used promptly upon completion of your purchase, no refunds will be made for such purchases. Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time.

thatman 6sic6
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Ya.. Well atleast u got guns lol... I lost bits trying to buy clan boosts when the clans wernt working... I was clicking quick buy and no time was being added and i thought it was just lag till i noticed i lost 500 bits... Still no word back from support. And im sitting on 1600msp that i was gunna get bits with. Oh well guess ill save it for Destiny

bigstack1980
04-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I knew not to buy bits in the first place but I wanted to help the clan with boost. 5 bucks lost won't hurt me but it's the principle behind their business practices. Having some type of prevision in place is common sense, imo.

BonnBonn
04-21-2013, 02:59 PM
It always asks me if I'm sure I want to buy bits. Also don't save cc info if you don't want it to happen, simple as that.

SteveMND
04-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would be buying lockboxes from the store at this point, given how rampant the 'missing items' bug and similar issues are right now (and if you weren't aware of those problems, OP, my condolences). I'd recommend nobody buy anything off the Store until this whole mess is settled and the game has calmed down a great bit, bug-wise. Until then, lockboxes are even MORE of a terrible gamble than they already are.

bigstack1980
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would be buying lockboxes from the store at this point, given how rampant the 'missing items' bug and similar issues are right now (and if you weren't aware of those problems, OP, my condolences). I'd recommend nobody buy anything off the Store until this whole mess is settled and the game has calmed down a great bit, bug-wise. Until then, lockboxes are even MORE of a terrible gamble than they already are.

It would suck to lose resources but I don't mind using resources but bits are real cash. I will never buy bits again. Their loss in the long run.

Ichidakiller
04-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Sad to say but if you would have approached it a different way you probably would have got your refund. In your opening statement you threatened.

"If I dont get a refund on never buying bits again" you probably could have said everything else but that one line and you probably would have received a refund.

Never a good to start off with a threat. If I was the customer service rep I would have done the same. Sorry bout your luck, next time dont threaten the person your asking for help.

Unsent Soul
04-21-2013, 09:18 PM
It would suck to lose resources but I don't mind using resources but bits are real cash. I will never buy bits again. Their loss in the long run.

1 guy never buying bits every again wont hurt their pockets...

Ichidakiller
04-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Dont worry first time he sees a nice outfit in the store he's gonna pop in and buy some more bits.
You know why this game, its gameplay, the fun of it all has him by the bits.

See what I did there....ok nvm wasn't that funny....

Unsent Soul
04-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Dont worry first time he sees a nice outfit in the store he's gonna pop in and buy some more bits.

It kind of was!

DrunknIronRabitXBLnPSN
04-21-2013, 09:32 PM
It always asks me if I'm sure I want to buy bits. Also don't save cc info if you don't want it to happen, simple as that.

You completely have missed the Point. He is not saying he accidently BOUGHT BITS.., He's saying he accidently bought WITH bits. HUGE difference there. They dont have a prompt that says are you sure you want to buy this item with bits? y/n? So yah....

DrunknIronRabitXBLnPSN
04-21-2013, 09:33 PM

You're right lolz 'GAFFAW'...