PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I can't be the only one who feels like there's nothing to do after a pretty short time of playing, can I?

The only thing I have left to do is grind random pursuits to get EGO which helps nothing.

Agent T8235
04-21-2013, 04:13 PM
As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss.

When topic discussions are consolidated it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

Fallacy
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I feel you man there's not much to do after you beat the game.maybe make some friends and join a party or clan and do missions over again? For know we're just gonna have to wait whenever trion feels like adding new stuff.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM
As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss.

When topic discussions are consolidated it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

this isn't the suggestions section. thanks for the pointless response.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I feel you man there's not much to do after you beat the game.maybe make some friends and join a party or clan and do missions over again? For know we're just gonna have to wait whenever trion feels like adding new stuff.

already play with friends, already in a clan too.

Just doesn't feel like an MMO at all.

swat brigade
04-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Quit then! There's plenty to do. Arkfalls, emergencies, helping friends, races, hotshots, rampages, coop, pvp, shadow war, and over a 110 pursuits. I'm EGO 2480 and I'm still keeping busy .

Gradius
04-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I can't be the only one who feels like there's nothing to do after a pretty short time of playing, can I?

The only thing I have left to do is grind random pursuits to get EGO which helps nothing.

I guess the question is.. Why do you feel you have nothing to do? There is a difference between not having anything to do and not wanting to do what is available.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Quit then! There's plenty to do. Arkfalls, emergencies, helping friends, races, hotshots, rampages, coop, pvp, shadow war, and over a 110 pursuits. I'm EGO 2480 and I'm still keeping busy .

I don't understand how you don't get bored of doing the same 3 arkfalls over and over.

I already have gold in every race, all the co-op pursuits done, etc. The pvp is nothing but shotguns and shadow wars are nothing but people roadkilling, so they're no fun. Maybe I'm expecting too much but the game just doesn't have any endgame content.

Booshy
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM

No, you're not the only one who feels this way. But don't worry, plenty of people will tell you that getting ego level 5000 and all pursuits is enough "content" to keep you from feeling like there is nothing to do.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:36 PM
No, you're not the only one who feels this way. But don't worry, plenty of people will tell you that getting ego level 5000 and all pursuits is enough "content" to keep you from feeling like there is nothing to do.

It would be, to some extent, if EGO actually helped anything other than a perk which gives a negligible bonus every ~1000 EGO.

swat brigade
04-21-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't understand how you don't get bored of doing the same 3 arkfalls over and over.

I already have gold in every race, all the co-op pursuits done, etc. The pvp is nothing but shotguns and shadow wars are nothing but people roadkilling, so they're no fun. Maybe I'm expecting too much but the game just doesn't have any endgame content.

I do agree with the fact that it is getting a bit repetitive but it is what it is until they can get a handle on it! It's a MMO, gonna be a while to work out the bugs and I'm sure a year from now there will be plenty to do. I don't blame them for adding new content yet, I would much rather them wait until they fix what we have already. I'm sitting at 68/104 pursuits and yeah there's a few I can grind out still.

Gradius
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM

I would suggest taking your time then. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of players haven't finished the existing storyline. Kudos to you for being an enthusiast and getting it done quickly. One thing to remember though about Defiance is that by design the game is a shooter first and an RPG second. It has always been marketed this way. This is why the features that are more advertised are the PvP, Shadow War, and Arkfalls. If you feel you can't do those for X,Y,Z reason and you've already powered through the game, you'll just have to wait for the next bit of episodic content.

Think of it this way, the TV show is what keeps the story going, but there is no Endgame in Call of Duty or Battlefield 3. This is why I urge people to approach Defiance as a shooter with RPG elements added to it, not the other way around. You understand what the game actually is, not what it is not.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
I do agree with the fact that it is getting a bit repetitive but it is what it is until they can get a handle on it! It's a MMO, gonna be a while to work out the bugs and I'm sure a year from now there will be plenty to do. I don't blame them for adding new content yet, I would much rather them wait until they fix what we have already. I'm sitting at 68/104 pursuits and yeah there's a few I can grind out still.

My main issue is that other than cosmetic outfits, there's nothing to go for. There aren't any hardmode instances or raids that have exceptional drops, nor are there any world bosses. EGO doesn't really progress anything other than RNG stat bonuses on weapons that are minuscule at best, and item rarity tiers don't really do much either.

The main problem with the game (atleast imo) is that there's nothing to really go for. I've already done all the pursuits that are in reach that netted outfits I liked because there's nothing else to really work towards.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I would suggest taking your time then. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of players haven't finished the existing storyline. Kudos to you for being an enthusiast and getting it done quickly. One thing to remember though about Defiance is that by design the game is a shooter first and an RPG second. It has always been marketed this way. This is why the features that are more advertised are the PvP, Shadow War, and Arkfalls. If you feel you can't do those for X,Y,Z reason and you've already powered through the game, you'll just have to wait for the next bit of episodic content.

Think of it this way, the TV show is what keeps the story going, but there is no Endgame in Call of Duty or Battlefield 3. This is why I urge people to approach Defiance as a shooter with RPG elements added to it, not the other way around. You understand what the game actually is, not what it is not.

Endgame in BF3 was competitive play, and I played with the best teams on 360. It was fun because it was a challenge. There isn't any challenge in this game. I'd love to have fights that were actually hard and dropped noticeably better items.

Then again, I don't think it will happen because it seems (for whatever reason) a lot of people don't want that. I've always been a comp/hardcore player, so maybe that's why.

Gradius
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Endgame in BF3 was competitive play, and I played with the best teams on 360. It was fun because it was a challenge. There isn't any challenge in this game. I'd love to have fights that were actually hard and dropped noticeably better items.

Then again, I don't think it will happen because it seems (for whatever reason) a lot of people don't want that. I've always been a comp/hardcore player, so maybe that's why.

I can understand where you're coming from. To me the game isn't about drops. It's about that competitiveness in PvP. The more you play, the more you see that the people using the cookie cutter PvP builds (shotgun/cloak) actually don't do so well against a skilled player who is specced correctly. To me it's great fun walking into a group of shotgun users and mowing them down with an SMG, they start to adjust their strategy when they die a lot.

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM

I've seen you post on this multiple times. I think the best thing for you to probably do is to just play another game. Unless you want to keep making posts on the forum about why there's not enough for you. Your life, your choice

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I can understand where you're coming from. To me the game isn't about drops. It's about that competitiveness in PvP. The more you play, the more you see that the people using the cookie cutter PvP builds (shotgun/cloak) actually don't do so well against a skilled player who is specced correctly. To me it's great fun walking into a group of shotgun users and mowing them down with an SMG, they start to adjust their strategy when they die a lot.

You have to also realize that most of the players using that setup, and in the game in general (in any game in general, really) aren't very good.

You'd probably encounter more trouble against someone good using that setup.

Mindset
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I've seen you post on this multiple times. I think the best thing for you to probably do is to just play another game. Unless you want to keep making posts on the forum about why there's not enough for you. Your life, your choice

This is the first thread I've made explicitly about the game not having enough content.

It is my choice, which is why I'm posting here. You can leave if you'd like.

JMadFour
04-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Play something else, until there is more to do.

that's what I do when I am finished with a game.

I don't know why this is so difficult that it needs 60 million threads about it.

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
This is the first thread I've made explicitly about the game not having enough content.

It is your choice, and me, like a lot of the other people on here are saying that you can go do something else. There's only so many times you can tell us you're bored/not enough content etc. etc. Whether it be implicitly or explicity, I'm pretty sure a lot of people on the forums here get it.

Now, if I were the one that were bored or had "nothing to do," I would go and find something to do. But if you just want to keep posting on these forums telling people explicitly/implicity why you're bored or have nothing to do, then be my guest.

Again, it's your life do whatever you want

Atticus Finch
04-21-2013, 05:12 PM

We're trying to help you, dude. You're saying you have nothing to do. And at this point, I don't think there's much more this game or forum can do for you. The best thing for you to probably do for your own sake, is to find something else to do.

JMadFour
04-21-2013, 05:12 PM
It is your choice, and me, like a lot of the other people on here are saying that you can go do something else. There's only so many times you can tell us you're bored/not enough content etc. etc. Whether it be implicitly or explicity, I'm pretty sure a lot of people on the forums here get it.

Now, if I were the one that were bored or had "nothing to do," I would go and find something to do. But if you just want to keep posting on these forums telling people explicitly/implicity why you're bored or have nothing to do, then be my guest.

Again, it's your life do whatever you want

yup.

hey guess what I am doing....I'm playing something other than Defiance.

and I haven't even done everything there is to do in Defiance yet, like the OP has.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Play something else, until there is more to do.

that's what I do when I am finished with a game.

I don't know why this is so difficult that it needs 60 million threads about it.

You would be surprised how difficult it is for some people to let go.

Rebel Raven
04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I kinda agree things can get a little sparse. I recommend that Trion emulates another MMO TPS, red dead redemption, and apply diversions like mini games such as poker, blackjack, liar's dice, etc.

Duels work. They seem popular in DCUO. Just, please, have an "ignore duel invites" toggle that stays the way you leave it until you change it again.

Maybe in game news reports that show clips from the Defiance TV show.

Music in the bars to dance to.