PDA

View Full Version : Explain the synergies.

nosworc
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
This is to the people saying that weapons improve as your ego level rises and you mod your weapons. Can someone please explain to me the point of having melee kill bonuses on Lmg's and Assault rifles, surely they should be on shotguns considering your going to up in your enemies face with one. Im trying really hard to get my head head around this whole loot thing but i still dont see the enjoyment so far. :(

Sh0w3rzNBenning
04-21-2013, 05:14 PM
From what I've gathered on the forums, weapon leveling goes like this:

Every weapon has an EXP bar, using a weapon will level the weapon's exp bar as well as your weapons skill level. Once the weapon's exp bar is maxed, you get a slight boost on the weapon (crit multiplier, extra mag size, etc;) but you no longer gain experience towards your weapon's skill level, forcing you to switch weapons to keep leveling up your skill level.

The synergy is a little more confusing, as there are two ways that synergy's work. Some synergy's require you to have a second weapon with the same synergy in order to gain the boost. Other synergy's require mods to be added to the gun, which will then give you the synergy bonuses. I couldn't tell you which synergy's require what, though.

Why they have a melee bonus to ARs and LMGs, I have no clue. I rarely EVER melee, since melee kills don't add toward weapons skill levels.

Agent T8235
04-21-2013, 05:17 PM
This is to the people saying that weapons improve as your ego level rises and you mod your weapons. Can someone please explain to me the point of having melee kill bonuses on Lmg's and Assault rifles, surely they should be on shotguns considering your going to up in your enemies face with one. Im trying really hard to get my head head around this whole loot thing but i still dont see the enjoyment so far. :(

read...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?27431-Synergy-List

nosworc
04-21-2013, 07:08 PM
read...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?27431-Synergy-List

Thankyou, very informative thread but still doesn't explain what the use is having some synergies on certain weapons, eg melee bonuses on assault rifles and lmg's, pointless perks that just adds more luck based stuff on an already over the top luck based loot system, i just dont understand why this system is in the game. What was wrong with just having more powerful weapons as you level up?

DeMoted
04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Thankyou, very informative thread but still doesn't explain what the use is having some synergies on certain weapons, eg melee bonuses on assault rifles and lmg's, pointless perks that just adds more luck based stuff on an already over the top luck based loot system, i just dont understand why this system is in the game. What was wrong with just having more powerful weapons as you level up?
RNG with those synergies on weapons, you have more powerful weapon throws off PvP and you will be forced to stay in a certain part of a map since you need higher HP mobs to go with those more powerful weapons.

The perks are very nice and once you have 6 of then you can notice big differences. Higher ego will give you more guns (same base damage) but with bonuses. My orange Rocket launcher has 15% grenade recharge on kill, .90 reload, +6 mag. Those little things make big differences in a game like this.

nosworc
04-21-2013, 09:46 PM
RNG with those synergies on weapons, you have more powerful weapon throws off PvP and you will be forced to stay in a certain part of a map since you need higher HP mobs to go with those more powerful weapons.

The perks are very nice and once you have 6 of then you can notice big differences. Higher ego will give you more guns (same base damage) but with bonuses. My orange Rocket launcher has 15% grenade recharge on kill, .90 reload, +6 mag. Those little things make big differences in a game like this.

I get what your saying but PvP and PvE shouldn't be the same thing anyway. Leave PvP with the same damage on weapons and have the PvE weapons scale. I don't see why this is not implemented anyway, do you honestly feel like your going anywhere with your toon at the moment? Maybe it's because i have never had an mmo with this type of loot system before, hell even Dc universe had scaling loot and tier sets. Maybe i was just expecting too much, im just disapointed more than anything else because i actually really like this game.