PDA

View Full Version : Weapons being nerfed down?

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 05:37 PM
So is it me or atm the only weapons capable of doing good damage in pve are shottys ?
LMG/SMG,rocket launchers,detonators,sniper rifles,pistols damage are a joke :mad:

Unsent Soul
04-21-2013, 05:39 PM
LMG's are no joke... The strongest weapon in game w/ largest clip... I don't see people using shotguns on the top of leaderboards for arkfalls, only LMG's.

Munx
04-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Its you.

And no, im not kidding, its really you.

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Its you.

And no, im not kidding, its really you.

Maybe,lvl 7 on LMG and having a hard time fending off 99ers have to use shotty instead,maybe i'm aiming at their heads when i should be aiming somewhere else lol

Wynce
04-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Detonators, sniper rifles, pistols, LMGs, SMGs are most assuredly not jokes. Rocket launchers? Yup.

GodSpark
04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I do agree that Rocket Launchers do pathetic amounts of damage given their slow reloads, small clips, and low ammo count. Atm they are pretty much worthless aside from the Swarm type.

Snipers are a bit of a pain but only because the head hitboxes are relatively small and the enemies move around a lot. So while you can 1 shot a good amount of enemies, someone with nearly any other gun could have killed them in the same amount of time (likely faster) it took you to get that shot off.

Infectors pre-nerf were passable. Now... lol.

Everything else does pretty well IMO.

Slay
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I use ARs, I like ARs honestly, I wish I would have used both ARs and LMGs though, because I'm level 15 in ARs and 1 in LMGs and cba to level my LMG stat.

g1mps0r
04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Saw + Fire dmg + Overcharge = annihilation..

Shotguns are behind like nearlly all weapons(exclude the nerflaunchers) types in terms of pve damage, they only shine in pvp, - with point blank range.

Scipio
04-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Saw + Fire dmg + Overcharge = annihilation..

Shotguns are behind like nearlly all weapons(exclude the nerflaunchers) types in terms of pve damage, they only shine in pvp, - with point blank range.

i totally agree

maggotking
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
the guns i stick to most are AR,LMG,Boomsticks. but to me the sawed offs are the only ones that are OP. The pump actions are a close second, but the combat shotguns are a joke. I would love to see that weapon type get a little more love.

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 06:08 PM
so that said i'm pretty much using the worst type of weapon for pve.back to LMGs then.Which ones are the best types of LMGs then?

Munx
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I use ARs, I like ARs honestly, I wish I would have used both ARs and LMGs though, because I'm level 15 in ARs and 1 in LMGs and cba to level my LMG stat.

My lmg just hit 20, and it gave me a nasty shock... LMG has 5% more crit multiplier from lvls then AR, and nothing in ar makes up for those 5%, shame since i really prefer ar's

N3 only the saw is good, but its so good that it makes up for the other ****ty lmgs.

g1mps0r
04-21-2013, 06:27 PM
My lmg just hit 20, and it gave me a nasty shock... LMG has 5% more crit multiplier from lvls then AR, and nothing in ar makes up for those 5%, shame since i really prefer ar's

N3 only the saw is good, but its so good that it makes up for the other ****ty lmgs.

Nah pve wise you'll really use ar in some circumstances... Burst fire ar > lmgs against motherlode as example(1mag per coil).. If you've a big enemie lmgs are the way to go, hell if you've a enemie at all lmgs the way to go. BUT If you've a big enemie with tiny spots to hit(if rest of the body is immune to dmg) the recoil less 3x700 dmg ar is the way to go. :D

To conclude it:

Saw is in like 99% of the game the way to go(pve) and in that 1% thing (motherlode) just switch to an burst fire ar.( the lmg burst version does to less dmg even if the accuracy is as good as the ar one, - 300-400dmg difference per bullet is HUGE)

And btw through duo the bad pathfingding in the game you can tank every Big mob(Hulks/Monarchs/Scraps) except bulwarks in melee range if you're strafing around them and just unload your whole clip on them. They can't hit you, because of the slow swing/shoot animation. Sometimes even Bulwarks work, but it's a bit risky to do.

PookLove
04-21-2013, 06:30 PM
So is it me or atm the only weapons capable of doing good damage in pve are shottys ?
LMG/SMG,rocket launchers,detonators,sniper rifles,pistols damage are a joke :mad:

Uh, I only see AR's and LMG's doing the most damage... Not sure if were playing the same game here.

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 06:35 PM

Thanx for the tip. Someone please shut this sodding thread down!

Munx
04-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Don't belive I said AR's were useless, I was just pointing out that they have 5% less crit multiplier then LMG's which is completly messed up considering the lmgs base power.

And I definatly don't subscribe to the idea that the saw is the ultimate weapon, it is however the most versatile one, but there are many weapons that can beat it depending on situation.

Wynce
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Votan Bolter is a crazy sniper rifle. It's bolt action, but it shoots so fast. It's a lot of fun to use, amazing damage provided you don't suck at aiming.

N3C70V01D
04-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Votan Bolter is a crazy sniper rifle. It's bolt action, but it shoots so fast. It's a lot of fun to use, amazing damage provided you don't suck at aiming.

*Noted* :cool: