PDA

View Full Version : Lack of players = Lack of SWars.

jSharp
04-21-2013, 05:44 PM
As I've been playing lately I've been noticing the lack of queue'd people for shadow wars. Is it just me or is there really just a lack of people jumping into the quick match queue?

What I'd like to see is more people wanting to partake in something as massive as a shadow war. Sure, it's boggling to the system you're running on if you're on an older machine.... but damn is it fun.

Solution: More people learn what shadow war is and how much fun it can be.

Que up damnit. <3

fatalslink
04-21-2013, 06:04 PM
yo, I'd love to play with you, just fix my game so I can play at all lol

Blak
04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Honestly the game does so little to inform you about Shadow Wars and what they even are most people just avoid it because of ignorance.

I personally have yet to do one, but I really planned for the PVP to be my endgame content since most of the pve side missions are bland and can be done in under 3min each.:p

I think I would participate more in SW if I had a guild, atm I just run solo and can get most everything I need to done with no issue.:rolleyes:

Ensu
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Madera seems the best place for Shadow Wars, so far as I've seen. Go there to queue up.

SonicBoom
04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm not really into PvP, but I tried Shadow War anyway. It was crap, to be honest. First of all, I was never informed that I even had any PvP content, and even less information what Shadow War actually is. I still don't know for sure. Surely it's not just a fancy name for team deathmatch, is it? When I started it, I was placed in an open area (never a good idea in PvP...) surrounded by a few people. And that's it. No indication where I need to go. No quest description or anything telling me what to do. No other people in my team. All I had was a few spots on my map in two different colors. It doesnt' take a rocket scientists to figure out the ones in my teamcolor are spots I control, and the others are spots the other team control.

That again leads me to the conclusion that I need to help my team capture the other team's spots, making Shadow War a standard Domination-game. But how do I capture spots? What happens when one team captures all the spots? Is the game over? Do the team hold the spots until the other one recaptures them, and if so, what's the point in the capturing them in the first place? There are tons of stuff like that the game really, really should tell people.

To make things even worse, when I finally got to one of the spots, I saw several players from my team not really doing anything, and a bunch of players from the other team all piling up on me and killing me easily. Not even closely resembling any sort of fun in my book.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-21-2013, 08:07 PM
As I've been playing lately I've been noticing the lack of queue'd people for shadow wars. Is it just me or is there really just a lack of people jumping into the quick match queue?

What I'd like to see is more people wanting to partake in something as massive as a shadow war. Sure, it's boggling to the system you're running on if you're on an older machine.... but damn is it fun.

Que up damnit. <3

I have been ark fall hunting today. I notice diff shard does in fact have shadow war up yet others doesn't. Maybe if you changing shard you might have better luck.

hahasa21
04-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Just don't do it at San Fransico, Madera always have the most people

Ensu
04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not really into PvP, but I tried Shadow War anyway. It was crap, to be honest. First of all, I was never informed that I even had any PvP content, and even less information what Shadow War actually is. I still don't know for sure. Surely it's not just a fancy name for team deathmatch, is it? When I started it, I was placed in an open area (never a good idea in PvP...) surrounded by a few people. And that's it. No indication where I need to go. No quest description or anything telling me what to do. No other people in my team. All I had was a few spots on my map in two different colors. It doesnt' take a rocket scientists to figure out the ones in my teamcolor are spots I control, and the others are spots the other team control.

That again leads me to the conclusion that I need to help my team capture the other team's spots, making Shadow War a standard Domination-game. But how do I capture spots? What happens when one team captures all the spots? Is the game over? Do the team hold the spots until the other one recaptures them, and if so, what's the point in the capturing them in the first place? There are tons of stuff like that the game really, really should tell people.

To make things even worse, when I finally got to one of the spots, I saw several players from my team not really doing anything, and a bunch of players from the other team all piling up on me and killing me easily. Not even closely resembling any sort of fun in my book.

Shadow War is a Domination/Capture&Hold map that uses the open world. There are two teams and five capture points. A, B, C, D and E. If you look around, you'll see the letters as part of your HUD overlay. Head towards the letter and you'll find the point. It shows team colour, and in the circular ticker around it, the time till it's taken by one team or another. To take the point you just run near it, then the timer starts. Once your team has one or more points, your team's bar fills. The more points you have, the faster it fills. To win, fill your team's bar.

If one team captures all the spots, their bar just fills even faster.

Not everyone in the Shadow War area is a combatant. You will see regular folk running around completing their pve missions since the Shadow War is located in the same area.

Anatol
04-21-2013, 09:37 PM
shadow war has broken queue system.... this system creates more then one queue group at the same time on the same map so both groups have problem with fullfits their rank :( and then no shadow war can begin :( I hope they will fix it

Denim Samurai
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
which shadow war you queue for is dependent on which region you're in. As others have said Madera is usually your best bet to get in one but SE Marin is pretty active as well. Just jump around with fast travel and you can usually find one going on. The queue system is terrible and not well explained but you can work around it.

Wtflag
04-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Just don't do it at San Fransico, Madera always have the most people

Wait. Does that mean there are seperate SW queues based on location?!? Why aren't they having a global queue so the queues are faster? Because frankly, who cares about which location the SW takes place in? If this is true, it just blows my mind at exactly how much they play their own game.

Defianceftw
04-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Honestly the game does so little to inform you about Shadow Wars and what they even are most people just avoid it because of ignorance.

I personally have yet to do one, but I really planned for the PVP to be my endgame content since most of the pve side missions are bland and can be done in under 3min each.:p

I think I would participate more in SW if I had a guild, atm I just run solo and can get most everything I need to done with no issue.:rolleyes:

The fact that you stated "the game doesnt inform people of shadow wars" is VERY much true and I think they need to create a few pop ups or something telling people.

jSharp
04-22-2013, 12:44 AM
The fact that you stated "the game doesnt inform people of shadow wars" is VERY much true and I think they need to create a few pop ups or something telling people.

Not a bad idea. I think honestly they need to solidify their queue's and streamline it into one big que for people. The reason I say this is it would obviously randomize your chances at a certain area, but not only the random battlefield, it would alleviate the need to fast travel to different areas for any luck at joining in on a current shadow war going on.

Secondly, I've seen people talking a lot about the que being broken and clans (guild if you even want to call it that in this game) being unable to group and que with their respective friends / members. While this is kind of nonsensical, I think there's a certain light of healthy competition involved in it.

None the less, it would be nice if shadow wars was explained by the second area or so. This would give people the feel for the PVE content but also explain how the pvp in the game works. I enjoy both the pve and pvp aspects of Defiance. Now if they would just solidify a few things and change a few core design flaws, there would be a lot more room to work with and a healthier population roaming about.

Telemachus
04-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Lack of players that care to PvP , mostly I think.

Oceanhawk
04-22-2013, 04:26 AM

Que up damnit. <3

It's because PvP in this game is horribly broken. bunny hopping cloaked shotgunners equals not fun.

Kitsunami
04-22-2013, 04:34 AM
Too many shadow war ques.

But mostly, its just not that much fun. Currently dominated by people all using the same tactics and frankly I find it really, really dull.

Either people: Bunnyhop snipe/shotgun, or they overcharge shotgun spam, or cloak shotgun spam, occasionally they might LMG but 90% of the time I see nothing but shotgunners in pvp.

Theres also a group of people who insist on wearing the shadow ops uniforms and then walking into them as nonecombatants to troll, and generally the whole 'its in the open world' thing is really not that great of an idea.

It was fun on my alt though, but i quickly got bored of sniping cloak tactics.

Also, they really should not allow group que for it. It will take it even further into the ground. Can you see the pre-made voice over ip'd group of cloaked bunnyhopping shotgunners? They would just dominate.

MrE78
04-22-2013, 05:15 AM
They need dual queing that is the biggest deterrent for myself and a few other I play with.

Vyshan
04-22-2013, 06:57 AM
I have no interest in PvP whatsoever...
I sit happily in the "not queuing" camp :)

Indolo
04-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Making SW a single queue would help a lot. Being able to queue for SW and something else at the same time would probably help a lot. I spent a lot of time in SW queue last week for the pursuit, and I could see the numbers go up and down as people got tired of waiting in queue and went off to pvp or coop instead.

If I was in SW queue, I'd like to still be able to do quick pvp matches while I wait for it to fill.

B_Draco
04-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Shadow War is a Domination/Capture&Hold map that uses the open world. There are two teams and five capture points. A, B, C, D and E. If you look around, you'll see the letters as part of your HUD overlay. Head towards the letter and you'll find the point. It shows team colour, and in the circular ticker around it, the time till it's taken by one team or another. To take the point you just run near it, then the timer starts. Once your team has one or more points, your team's bar fills. The more points you have, the faster it fills. To win, fill your team's bar.

If one team captures all the spots, their bar just fills even faster.

Not everyone in the Shadow War area is a combatant. You will see regular folk running around completing their pve missions since the Shadow War is located in the same area.

Does Shadow War count as a capture & hold match? I really wanna complete last armistice day pursuit, but I dunno if there is a capture & hold match to do.

Too many shadow war ques.

But mostly, its just not that much fun. Currently dominated by people all using the same tactics and frankly I find it really, really dull.

Either people: Bunnyhop snipe/shotgun, or they overcharge shotgun spam, or cloak shotgun spam, occasionally they might LMG but 90% of the time I see nothing but shotgunners in pvp.

Theres also a group of people who insist on wearing the shadow ops uniforms and then walking into them as nonecombatants to troll, and generally the whole 'its in the open world' thing is really not that great of an idea.

It was fun on my alt though, but i quickly got bored of sniping cloak tactics.

O.o What is it with people always throwing blame on the shotguns? C'mon try to counter it, lots of others have... Easiest one for me is sniping their heads off from a couple hundred meters away... The Shadow Wars I've played -quite a few- most people used grenade launchers, BMGs, ARs, or LMGs... If you attempt to run into a control point with a shotgun against a group that has enough distance to your shotgun, your stupid. More often if they use shotguns, they'll run back and fourth to an ammo dump to re-supply. So another way to ping 'em is shoot 'em in the head with a sniper as they re-supply.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Does Shadow War count as a capture & hold match? I really wanna complete last armistice day pursuit, but I dunno if there is a capture & hold match to do.

Yes.

I've seen plenty of people with FRC SAWS and ARs in Shadow War. Because it's a larger map the shotgunner does not have quite the advantage they have in Competitive PvP (the small maps). I've used SMGs, Infectors, ARs, Pistols and Detonators, along with my Bolt Action Sniper Rifle.

Salvador
04-22-2013, 07:36 AM
shadow wars is the funnest part of defiance. people use a whole array of different weapons, not just the typical shotguns in the regular pvp matches. the problem with the lack of shadow wars is the queue system. theres no reason why it shouldn't be global. the only reason why i can think of that its not global is so that it doesnt through newer players into far off places. but they can just include a feature that respawns them at the last extraction point before shadow wars begun.

also i wish they would improve it to be more rewarding. like special points that can be used to purchase some of the weapons missing from the faction vendors.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
shadow wars is the funnest part of defiance. people use a whole array of different weapons, not just the typical shotguns in the regular pvp matches. the problem with the lack of shadow wars is the queue system. theres no reason why it shouldn't be global. the only reason why i can think of that its not global is so that it doesnt through newer players into far off places. but they can just include a feature that respawns them at the last extraction point before shadow wars begun.

also i wish they would improve it to be more rewarding. like special points that can be used to purchase some of the weapons missing from the faction vendors.

You do earn echelon reputation and echelon points through fulfilling the echelon contracts, which can be completed in the Shadow War. These points can then be used at the Echelon vendor by the Muir Dam.

Whippersnapper
04-22-2013, 09:01 AM
People are probably still working out the kinks. I've found that in MMOs, PvPers try to be "uber." That is, to have an advantage over the rest by leveling as much as possible, having the best gear, setups, etc.

You can bet somewhere some of these intense PvPers are grinding, since (probably/hopefully) there are no bots yet. They are:
-setting up their ideal loadouts
-Tweaking their EGO for stackable bonuses etc
-getting weapons with a great built in "special(s)"
-giving them the max # of mod slots
-finding the best mods they can get, and...
-At the best mob spawn location leveling their character AND weapons. Probably a mob that spawns often, isn't too hard to kill, gives good XP, and maybe decent loot.

That's in addition to tons of Arkfall hunting they're probably doing so they can use resources to hunt down the perfect mods & weapons. I noticed people are always at the arkfalls super fast. They probably have extensive friends list or clan with people at most towns and/or locations around the map. Then they jump to whoever is nearest to the Fall for the quickest Ark hunting.

Edit- Silly of me not to finish off with the obvious conclusion
When they are done with all this, then there will be plenty of warring. In the meantime, those that war now, help sort out any annoying bugs there may be

jSharp
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
They made a small update and it even lists they've improved rewards. Just seems like people dont have the ambition to have fun in this game. The PVE content gets boring after a while if you don't do anything else. The game itself is definitely fun all around... but just doing the missions gets really boring imho. I like to do things in between so that would be where Shadow Wars counts in on that.

krazyaceofspades
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
no one is playing it at the moment due to the massive server crashes after or during a game alot of people are complaining about there weapons disappearing after their matches in SW i would rather play that than the shotgun whorefest of tdm

jSharp
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
no one is playing it at the moment due to the massive server crashes after or during a game alot of people are complaining about there weapons disappearing after their matches in SW i would rather play that than the shotgun whorefest of tdm

I would much rather lose a weapon than to deal with cloaked shotgunners. Not saying that those cant be deterred and beaten, but I'd rather deal with losing a weapon I could gain by doing one small arkfall event.

Natjur
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Jumping to each fast travel spot and re-queueing for shadow wars you see that there must be like 6 different ques.

I thought there was only 3 different types of shadow wars, so why are there different 6 ques? They need to change that so the Shadow wars pop more often instead of having 6 ques and none popping.

The last 5 that did pop we won (but due to the bug, we got told we lose)
Now that bug has been fixed but now I can't get a que to pop

AirRazer
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
i have been loving shadow wars for the past 3 days, this morning they did a increase to server stability and i was thinking "ok cool so i wont disconnect the 2 times i did out of 3 days ive been doing SW's." So i get into my 1st game and everyone gets kicked from the shadow war, not just me but everyone. So i shrug it off and it happens not just once, twice, or three times... F*#*in 7 times i have disconnected from shadow war in the past 2 hours. What the hell did they do to make it more stable?!?