PDA

View Full Version : Ban Hammer...

Igax
04-21-2013, 07:51 PM
They be saying it is coming.... finally I can go back and give PVP another run.

Grimno
04-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Who be saying it is coming? Sooourrrccce?

Igax
04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Twitter (https://twitter.com/sledgehammer70)

Arsenic_Touch
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
So now we have to follow his personal twitter too for information? ....

Eisberg
04-21-2013, 08:22 PM

That is the growing trend in gaming development in general. Don't go to the official game pages, no instead you use Mytwitfacetube to get game information. -.-

K A S H I H A R A D
04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
That is the growing trend in gaming development in general. Don't go to the official game pages, no instead you use Mytwitfacetube to get game information. -.-

I must admit it is one hell of an annoying trend.

Far_Too_Jones
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Calm down. It wasnt intended as an official release. Him just giving his .02 cents

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-21-2013, 08:32 PM
So... why do we need to go to Sledges personal twitter page to find out that Hackers and Cheaters are going to get banned?

Seems like, oh, I dunno, common sense that this is going to happen?

Just saying.

DeMoted
04-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Feels good playing on console.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Well the defiance website does say to check the forums, follow them on twitter and to check the facebbook page for up to date info. Its kind of common practice now for game devs/or whoever runs those official pages to release more up to date by the second info on whats happening with the game on twitter. For games like dead space, borderlands, dead island, tomb raider, last of us. Just to name a few I go to twitter to get the newest info instead of the website now as theyre usually more up to date there.

But you cant just go to a fanmade twitter page, its got to be the official page. Or the devs / heads themselves.

I havent been to sledges personal twitter yet, but if hes anything like mr. pitchford of gearbox, his twitter page would have updated info.

Valethar
04-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Being part of the Community team means using social media as a means of communicating, among other things. Lance, Mathew, Greg, Elizabeth and the others are doing the job they're supposed to be doing.

Notturno
04-21-2013, 09:35 PM
This is being way blown out of proportion.

I think it's a given Trion has a vested interest in clearing out the cheaters. People quitting the game because of cheaters impacts their bottom line; those people do not become repeat customers that buy the DLC or cash shop items. It was obvious that this issue was going to be dealt with eventually. Sledgehammer simply decided to make a personal tweet that hinted at something coming soon. It's not an official information release, it's not any concrete information, and nothing critical to any customer.

It's extra information you would have never had if that particular social media platform didn't exist. This information has been released before social media was big, but it was done in private conversations you would occasionally have with staff members. This is nothing new, it's just more public and available to those who care enough to watch for it.

If you want to stay in the loop, then register a Twitter account and look for the information. Otherwise, people will simply do it for you and post here if something big comes along.

A s0t
04-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Feels good playing on console.not beta testing the patch for ps3 players though

deltaman42
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
from sledgehammer70 twitter account.3 hrs ago

Beware... the BAN Hammer is coming. #cheaters #hackers

Wrenito
04-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I must admit it is one hell of an annoying trend.Twitter might be an annoying trend, but its a quick way to get information out without having to sit down at one's desk and make a formal post. You get a constant stream of info, even if in just small tid bits.

Lenko
04-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Twitter might be an annoying trend, but its a quick way to get information out without having to sit down at one's desk and make a formal post. You get a constant stream of info, even if in just small tid bits.

I'd appreciate it if they had a way of their Tweets also appearing on an updates subforum here on the site.
What's the point of the website / forums if it contains out of date information :/

Buu
04-22-2013, 12:49 AM
I got banned. I have 2GB RAM (I know, pretty bad) and used a RAM-Management program to try to ease the stuttering. They detected as 3rd party program and I got banned.

I hope they review my character register and see there was no malice involved, as I don't have headshots everywhere, and my weapon damage is on normal limits.

This game doesn't came cheap for me and be banned because the minimum Requirements are not the real minimum, and I had to use a home-made solution that got automated detected as cheating... I really hope there is a Human Analyst and Server Registers to show that I'm not a cheater.

MacDeath
04-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Nope, you don't HAVE to. You are allowed to.

MacDeath
04-22-2013, 01:03 AM
I'd appreciate it if they had a way of their Tweets also appearing on an updates subforum here on the site.
What's the point of the website / forums if it contains out of date information :/
I see official tweets posted here on the site: http://community.defiance.com/en/

Buu
04-22-2013, 01:11 AM
So, what difference would make? People altering the client wouldn't stop for a warn of Ban wave.
I'm more worried with the aftershock. I hope that when they set off this ban wave they got prepared for reviewing cases, and they had a System Register set for analysis. Starting to ban, without detailed registers of the character actions, in a system so diverse as PC is problematic.

Anderson
04-22-2013, 01:15 AM
I havent been to sledges personal twitter yet, but if hes anything like mr. pitchford of gearbox, his twitter page would have updated info.

I hate having to follow Randy Pitchford. I don't actually care about anything he has to say, but I got to get me some Shift Codes.

Damn you Randy, cluttering my Twitter feed.