PDA

View Full Version : PvP Structure (or lack there of)

iUnR3aLz
04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
We need some sort of separate skill level or a leader board/ranking system.

Persistant stats would be nice as well.

Otherwise other then killing time i find no reason to do it.

Unsent Soul
04-21-2013, 09:27 PM
We need some sort of separate skill level or a leader board/ranking system.

Persistant stats would be nice as well.

Otherwise other then killing time i find no reason to do it.

This isn't CoD or BF 3... The PvP is fun to pass time or if you get bored of killing monsters or whatever. No leaderboards is kind of a nice thing, fresh and different... Makes me not really care if I don't do amazing in a game and that makes it more fun for me.

Brodaki
04-21-2013, 10:00 PM
This isn't CoD or BF 3... The PvP is fun to pass time or if you get bored of killing monsters or whatever. No leaderboards is kind of a nice thing, fresh and different... Makes me not really care if I don't do amazing in a game and that makes it more fun for me.

Agreed, works great the way it is now, other then the disconnects.

iUnR3aLz
04-21-2013, 10:59 PM
You're right. It's not Cod. It's an MMO.

And every other MMO in creation with PvP has SOME sort of structure.

Instead of listing the ones that DO have it, would anyone care to fill us in on an MMO
aside from defiance that has a "just do it for kicks" PvP?

Brodaki
04-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Instead of listing the ones that DO have it, would anyone care to fill us in on an MMO
aside from defiance that has a "just do it for kicks" PvP?

Not off the top of my head, so Id say its about time one did "just for kicks" pvp. Shouldn't reping up echelon and doing well be enough? Why does it have to tell us we're doing well, or give us something to be worthwhile pvp? Cant we just kill each other for the simple joy of killing lol. Most of the reasons I like this game are the little things they didnt do, like they didnt make pvp a part time job just to get high enough lvl/rep gear to actually be able to do anything.

ocktos
04-22-2013, 12:18 AM
i wish the PVP was abit more, because of at the moment. personally i find PVP outside of Shadow wars very broken, TDM is all about shotguns/ Detonators. Im not QQ-ing by any means but, TDM you have no incentives to using any weapon but those two. sure you can use a aslt/LMG/SMG and anything else, but why when you can just run up and 2 piece people like gears.

I'm just glad they still have shadow wars in the game unlike how we are waiting for them to re-introduce Capture'n'Hold. Since Shadow wars is the only PVP Mode which allows and encourages weapons outside those of which dont fall under the Buckshot/Explosives dependance.

kniferun
04-22-2013, 12:40 AM
The pvp structure that games like cod or bf have is based for certain type of gamers. Mostly Children.

TheFool
04-22-2013, 01:05 AM
The pvp structure that games like cod or bf have is based for certain type of gamers. Mostly Children.

That is the funniest but most ridiculous and non sensible thing I have heard today.

kniferun
04-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Did you read out loud to yourself?

Ralron
04-22-2013, 02:32 AM

WHOA THERE BUDDY!!!

I'm from Battlefield...

Ranked 48th on Xbox with the SG553...and after watching Defiance..and seeing it in the show...i want it in the game...

To add to the topic. Coming from Battlefield and some CoD. I heard what the PvP was like in Defiance while playing PvE and after hearing its all about Sawed Offs and Ground Pounders I pretty much instantly wrote it off as broken PvP. After going to a shadow war and watching the fight I was really interested...until I saw a bunch of kids running people over with ATVs. Though I will eventually attempt a shadow war (while most likely screaming orders at incompetent players). To me this game is mainly PvE and I am glad there are no PvP zones and I hope it stays that way.

Mental Riot
04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Until there is some balance in PvP, there is no point. The top 1000 would just be Cloak/Shotty or Explosive spammers. Who wants to see a leaderboard full of people with no skill?

Tornad0s
04-22-2013, 03:18 AM
You right, and this leaderboard encourage hundreds of people play PvP with Cloak/Shotty or Explosive.
I'm glad there's no leaderboards...

PoLeo
04-22-2013, 03:20 AM

Agreed. KISS.

Theophilus
04-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Imo PvP needs more rewards to work towards. The purples at the faction vendors are a start ,maybe it would make orange weapons too common but would be nice if you had the ability to work towards an Orange weapon that could be unlocked with enough faction or something along those lines .PVE is fine the way it is and still having a lot of fun on my 2nd playthrough with friends .Factioning for the synergy mods seems like it is gonna be a pain being that mods are random and faction is hard to come by.I'm not sure if that is gonna give people enough incentive to keep pvping . the purple guns (faction bought) have me motivated now but the uncertainty of what mods I get for all that work is kinda disappointing . Either way, still love the game and hope it does great so we get more improvements ,dlc and maybe a Defiance 2 for the new systems =) . Kudos Trion, keep up the good work !