PDA

View Full Version : Defiance's Peak reached?

RushNlowZ
04-21-2013, 09:45 PM
I came to the realization today that leveling up on this game is pointless. I have level 70 weapons that kick the crap out of anything I find at level 1300. I have all the perks I really care about already and they're maxed out with 3 ranks. None of the big company vendors have any weapons that make me stop and say "Wow I really need that". I've unlocked all the co-op matches through level or story progression whichever it is. Is it just me or has this game just come to an abrupt halt with purpose? I wanted this game to be awesome but other than gaining cosmetic outfits through pursuits there really isn't anything that makes me want to keep playing.

Maybe if the gear got better. Or there was an increased difficulty. Or something I don't know.

Does anyone else feel like they've reached Defiance's peak already? Additional thoughts here would be appreciated.

Stimulant
04-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I do, and yet I still play... I want something to work towards, or some kind of challenge. *Cough* Leaderboards*cough*

Legit
04-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Yep, I hit the 1500s about a week ago, and played maybe 10 hours since. Aside from arkfall hunting or doing some PvP with friends, there really isn't anything to keep me playing... yet. Once they patch the rest of the bugs, and release the DLC packs, I'll be back. Personally, I just feel that there really is no character progression besides a number by your name & an extra perk slot after awhile. I'd really like to see harder co-op maps that can also hold more people, since I think it's basically impossible to wipe on any of the current instances.

RushNlowZ
04-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Leaderboard scores are astronomical and if i believed for a second even half of them aren't the result of a glitch I'd be an idiot. Same goes for any other game out there. I shouldn't have to compete with an unverified score anyway. That's not entertaining at all. I want some progression. Something remotely tangible in-game to strive for other than a goal for reaching level 6 billion just to gain 5 more levels. Especially when being at a higher level doesn't necessarily have any reward other than another point to distribute to a perk i probably won't use because it's either too focused or too underpowered to make a difference. That and maybe another 4 inventory slots to hold 4 more of the same stat weapons. This game needs to drop this even/fair approach it's holding onto for PVP's sake to save the PVE side. Anyone and his brother can get a on a FPS or TPS game with competitive multiplayer this game offers the MMO side of gaming and it's floundering because it wants players to be able to fight one another on 2 or 3 maps. Most of the time people are only sniping or using shotguns anyways. It's a brick on this games feet sinking it quickly and they need to step away from this ideology or Defiance will just be another dust covered option at your local game retailer.

Nachyo Chez
04-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I wasn't there to see them myself, but according to several people in the Beta there is a TON of content still missing. Co-Op missions, pursuits, etc. Heck, there're even 2 types of vehicle I've distinctly noticed absent from the release that I saw in several videos. I'd say that what you've been through thus far is the 'early release' and that more content is incoming as the show progresses. Afterall, they've got 2 more months before the first DLC drops, and they probably want to make the most of that time. Honestly, that's pretty standard MMO practice too!

Once the debilitating bugs are slimmed down I'm sure the 'higher end content' will begin manifesting.

Xyr3s
04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
well firefall is following the path of the gw2.... pve has slight gear progression while pvp gear is completely different to pve gear and balanced. best way to do things imo

RushNlowZ
04-21-2013, 10:25 PM
*sigh* the truck from the beta yeah yeah. It was cool but it's basically the same as the charger and it's not gonna change the way the game is. DLC will most likely be more missions or (doubtfully) a new location to drive around for a half hour before you realize there's nothing out there that is going to make leveling up any more rewarding. I came. I shot guns. I left feeling unfulfilled.

Stimulant
04-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Leaderboards aren't always glitched, I've been number one on multiple games, and I can honestly say I've never cheated on a game on-line. If the developer maintains the leaderboard or just noone feels compelled to cheat to be number one, leaderboards work fine.

That said, I would like challenging content far more, co-op maps that can actually wipe the group, and please, SKILL BASED PURSUITS!

Mindset
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM
*sigh* the truck from the beta yeah yeah. It was cool but it's basically the same as the charger and it's not gonna change the way the game is. DLC will most likely be more missions or (doubtfully) a new location to drive around for a half hour before you realize there's nothing out there that is going to make leveling up any more rewarding. I came. I shot guns. I left feeling unfulfilled.

^

Im at 1500 and want to like the game still but there's no progression of any sense.

No hardmodes, no instanced dungeons/raids, none of that.

Drakeos99
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Just be paitent and wait out watch Episode 2 tomorrow night and prob will change in season 2-3 alot ^^

aRtFuL
04-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I do, and yet I still play... I want something to work towards, or some kind of challenge. *Cough* Leaderboards*cough*

Leaderboards for what? PvE lifetime? That will be quite meaningless since whoever starts earlier will naturally have higher scores.

For Arkfall there is already one, and even then it is pretty meaningless (since whoever arrive first tends to have higher score).

For pvp maybe... but this is not really a pvp game nor balanced around pvp.

I rather they have proper faction grind and have more incentives for grinding factions (ie. higher faction points you can actually by specific synergy mods, not just random rolls).

Stimulant
04-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Leaderboards for what? PvE lifetime? That will be quite meaningless since whoever starts earlier will naturally have higher scores.

For Arkfall there is already one, and even then it is pretty meaningless (since whoever arrive first tends to have higher score).

For pvp maybe... but this is not really a pvp game nor balanced around pvp.

I rather they have proper faction grind and have more incentives for grinding factions (ie. higher faction points you can actually by specific synergy mods, not just random rolls).

They could do weekly resetting leaderboards for both, with people being in the top 5 for X amount of weeks getting super rare mounts or appearance items.

Munx
04-21-2013, 10:42 PM
gear does get better.

iUnR3aLz
04-21-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm ego 1500 with the story and all side quests finished.
I'm fresh out of things to do that actually matter but i still find myself
running around pointlessly killing.

I guess theres something to be said about a game with such a lack of content that we
keep on playing anyway.