PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to my friends. why? new zealand to canada

floto77
04-21-2013, 09:54 PM
I have been playing defiance for a few weeks now on Xbox. My friends who live in the same city as me can connect to me fine and we play together no problem. But when i try to connect to my friends from New Zealand it says cannot find the game invite. And it says they haven't played the game on my friends list in the social menu!Then when i try to find there players name it says there is no such player. please help! this is really annoying!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Region Lock.

Unsent Soul
04-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I have been playing defiance for a few weeks now on Xbox. My friends who live in the same city as me can connect to me fine and we play together no problem. But when i try to connect to my friends from New Zealand it says cannot find the game invite. And it says they haven't played the game on my friends list in the social menu!Then when i try to find there players name it says there is no such player. please help! this is really annoying!

It's because they are on a different server. Different country/continent... Different servers. People in Canada and America can't connect w/ players from the Uk servers.

DrunknIronRabitXBLnPSN
04-21-2013, 10:00 PM
It's because they are on a different server. Different country/continent... Different servers. People in Canada and America can't connect w/ players from the Uk servers.

exactly ^^^this lame **** here mate

floto77
04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
So there is no way to play with them? or will they ever make a way to connect to other servers?

ocktos
04-21-2013, 11:27 PM
if you really want to play with him there is a way around it.... go into your xbox setting and change your region to a place that falls under the NA server selection..... you'll lose your Character you made on the EU server or the PAL server if they have one..... and just change region if you wish to continue as your character on your server

but to play on his just change your region... and when you sign in the game wont be able to prompt your character since your original character is saved on the EU or PAL data server

ocktos
04-21-2013, 11:31 PM
so when you tire of playing with your friend you can change your region back to New Zealand and you'll have him back. You might have the bright idea of just leaving your region as canada or the U.S but any content specific to your region will become locked until you reverse the process , But if hes like best friend or family or just players you really respect and wish to play that's how you work around it

DMC14
04-21-2013, 11:46 PM
so when you tire of playing with your friend you can change your region back to New Zealand and you'll have him back. You might have the bright idea of just leaving your region as canada or the U.S but any content specific to your region will become locked until you reverse the process , But if hes like best friend or family or just players you really respect and wish to play that's how you work around it

i was told that later they will add some sort of system so we can shoose to move to a different server. rumour or truth?

ocktos
04-21-2013, 11:53 PM
i believe they have every intent in doing so, but currently your character if created and played on a specific region locked Data server, can not be transferred, from said server to another. If lets say your from Region A and all your friends are in B then maybe changing your region to play with them is your best choice at the moment. But if your in Region B and 95% of your friends are in Region B, i don't see the benefit to make a Region A side character.

Remember if a character is Created on Region A / Region B that said character wont be playable until said region is changed to locate the proper Data server, so you in fact can have a 300ego on A, while keeping a 1200ego on B. Just have to change your region to allow XBL service to search the Server in which region its Prioritized to locate

kniferun
04-21-2013, 11:58 PM
They have improved the lag and such issues while in region lock. They locked it to keep the lag to a minimum. Since they keep improving the servers in region lock. Im sure sooner or later they will release the lock, but to minimize the lag complaints they closed it. So they wont open it till there is no connection problems within regions. Im pretty sure its impossible to kill lag issues region to region.

ocktos
04-21-2013, 11:59 PM
remember this game is played on XBL service.... other games such as FF XI or other MMO's before defiance didn't have as much help from Microsoft, since PSU and FF XI both didn't require gold to play online. Defiance does, and since XBL tries i know at times it doesn't seem like it, but Provide is customer with the best quality / connection to its service in which we pay for.

I know that sounds like a total kiss *** moment to Microsoft but, if you've played other mmo's or just other games which allow's users to pick, probably 70% of those other choices from outside your region = a total lag fest at pivotal moments that count

DMC14
04-22-2013, 12:03 AM
yeah i agree (im in australia) and lag only happens sometimes when there is like 100 people at an arkfall and explosions everywhere. but if extra people were joining from other regions it would be a lot worse. i just have a couple of american mates on my list that i would like to play with every now and then.

ocktos
04-22-2013, 12:10 AM
yeah i agree (im in australia) and lag only happens sometimes when there is like 100 people at an arkfall and explosions everywhere. but if extra people were joining from other regions it would be a lot worse. i just have a couple of american mates on my list that i would like to play with every now and then.

so with what you've explained that ... you know maybe if you wish change the region and play with those players with a not so serious character, for those moments in which you'd want to heng out with them. But expect to be alittle lag at best, and Lag normal, just hope it isn't GameBreaking Lag.

I'd advise to wait it out, if you hate lag. But if its the players connection/Interaction then do it, to pass those hours by when needed. Sucks that some friends can't play together ATM due to region lock, but if they are good friends you have strong relations with then do so.

kniferun
04-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Some people will tolerate lag to play with buddies. Some understand that joining another regions server will cause lag issues. Even in the best server. Others dont, so when they join a buddy from a different region and experience lag. They will spam trion. Its these characters that have ruined it. Locking the regions cuts alot of complaints for the connection leaving more room for issues that matter.

ocktos
04-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Some people will tolerate lag to play with buddies. Some understand that joining another regions server will cause lag issues. Even in the best server. Others dont, so when they join a buddy from a different region and experience lag. They will spam trion. Its these characters that have ruined it. Locking the regions cuts alot of complaints for the connection leaving more room for issues that matter.

Correct i just want to inform the players who wish to bypass this, and to play with their friends. By no means do i wish to see them start a post on how they have lag out of their region. I just mean to inform those who wish to bypass can, but at a cost of a experience of their own doing.

Because EVERY GAMER HATES LAG...... lol >_> stupid lag

Chilmeister
04-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Its the same with all mmos even on pc WOW has european and atlantic servers, it not only helps with the lagg it also cuts down on having millions of gamers trying to all get onto one server.