PDA

View Full Version : Do you as a player

Jeff
04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Just curious to see if you as a player of Defiance feel that direct connection between the game and the television show? Or do they feel like two separate entities?

I know there are pursuits in game that are supposed to be related to the show, but honestly do you feel that connection when and after completing them?

A s0t
04-21-2013, 10:22 PM
separate, but it cool for the two people to pop in the game once in a while

we are in San Francisco area and they in St Louis after all

Chaotichorizon
04-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Just curious to see if you as a player of Defiance feel that direct connection between the game and the television show? Or do they feel like two separate entities?

I know there are pursuits in game that are supposed to be related to the show, but honestly do you feel that connection when and after completing them?

...There has been ONE episode...

mbergeron
04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
One episode has aired so far and they did enough connection in the first episode to connect the two plus the town of defiance is named after a battle that happened in the bay area so there is that connection. Give it time to evolve and see what new content they release.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Ever so slightly because the episode missions with Nolan and Irisa. If I hadn't done those then I wouldn't feel much of a connection at all. Either way I think it's way too early to ask such questions.

Jeff
04-21-2013, 10:26 PM

ONE episode or not if they don't pick up the pace and/or give us a lot more content to tie the two together in future episodes I call bollocks on the whole premise.

Not to mention, wtf are we supposed to do .... run around the Bay area forever. I just hope they plan on expanding ..... a lot.

A s0t
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM
ONE episode or not if they don't pick up the pace and/or give us a lot more content to tie the two together in future episodes I call bollocks on the whole premise.
Call up Joss Weaton and ask for firefly mmo please

mbergeron
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM

One episode so far and the first episode had plenty of tie ins. What kind of stuff do you want them to do in order to make the tie in better?

Dana Dawn
04-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Actually yes, it helped.

The two/three prologue missions (before the first episode aired) were with Nolan and Irisa. You get to steal a crystal back from some bad dudes and you get help from Nolan and Irisa, then they run away with it, then you have to rescue them from some more bad people.

Then in exchange for helping them they give you the crystal to give back to your contractor, but they fake it and drive away with the crystal.

Nolan and Irisa are $%^&#@& #$%^&#$%!

I am just hoping we get more of those kind of missions.

Dolnor
04-21-2013, 11:11 PM

THIS!^^^^^

TQQdles™

Jardian
04-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Your not going to see a huge tie in. They have said I dont know how many times the two are not linked fully same time line and such but are diffrent. This is done so if one fails the other wont feel a thing from it.

Duerdal
04-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Until I've seen a few more episodes I can't tell you,there has been quite a few subtle links in the first show and a major link in the game with the Nolan and Irisa episode story line prior to the show going live so we will see as the show continues.

Opus
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
So far, I like being able to play in the same world as the show, even if they're in St. Louis and we're in the Bay Area. I like knowing the baddies, the back story and how all of that relates. I mean, TV viewers won't know the back story of Ara & Nim Shondu, or interact with Cooper or any of that. And then getting to see how Nolan & Irisa get the 'whatsit' was pretty interesting as well.

I actually didn't mind the pursuits for the pilgrims and the contract killer part. I thought I'd hate them, but it was kind of neat to remember that this was a big day for this world with the anniversary of the Defiance battle, and to stop and think there would actually be pilgrims.

Could it be better? Of course. But for right now, I think it's good enough.