PDA

View Full Version : why do people kill the skitterlings/and flock to the light?

WreckedRonin88
04-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Why do people kill the small hell bugs the make the crystal more vulnerable and easier to destroy? EGO can clearly be heard say that their bites weaken the crystal. Despite this we have people who insist on killing them instead of the other more serious threats like archers. Seriously stop freaking running them over and don't mess it up for everyone else. Another thing idk understand is why people stand right next to a crystal when it is about to explode, then they all run like fools to hop around in the light. Its like an orgy and serves no purpose. I am fairy new on mmo's , but from what I have seen people are ...slow.

A s0t
04-21-2013, 10:32 PM
you can't fix stupid

i'll kill them if some moron says it on mic, or ill kill them after the yellow block is there

mushinwolf
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
The bug-killing while dumb,wont stop an even half decent player getting the Arkfall done and wracking up a good score.

The light?..just harmless fun...both myself and my gf indulge in the 'lets jump into the light at the end' thing.
If they're all your worried about then your doing ok ;)

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
They ate paint chips as kids

A s0t
04-21-2013, 11:06 PM
They ate paint chips as kidsnom nom nom
my kills reset for ark falls again, on to the slaughter of skitterlings

Dolnor
04-21-2013, 11:07 PM
It ruins your gameplay, that is why. It is called Player Griefing. They know all about the hellbugs eating weak spots in the crystal. But if it ruins your game play and causes you to run out of time before the crystal disappears, they laugh at your failure.

It is the latest trend... +1 if you ruins players' day... +2 if you can get them to complain on the forums.

There are over 50 threads started about this very issue. This makes thread 51.

TQQdles™

DrunknIronRabitXBLnPSN
04-21-2013, 11:26 PM
It ruins your gameplay, that is why. It is called Player Griefing. They know all about the hellbugs eating weak spots in the crystal. But if it ruins your game play and causes you to run out of time before the crystal disappears, they laugh at your failure.

It is the latest trend... +1 if you ruins players' day... +2 if you can get them to complain on the forums.

There are over 50 threads started about this very issue. This makes thread 51.

TQQdles™

love the crying smiley...

oh excuse me.., you seem to have a crying smiley in your sig ... ;p

Blastiel
04-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Why do people kill the small hell bugs the make the crystal more vulnerable and easier to destroy? EGO can clearly be heard say that their bites weaken the crystal. Despite this we have people who insist on killing them instead of the other more serious threats like archers. Seriously stop freaking running them over and don't mess it up for everyone else. Another thing idk understand is why people stand right next to a crystal when it is about to explode, then they all run like fools to hop around in the light. Its like an orgy and serves no purpose. I am fairy new on mmo's , but from what I have seen people are ...slow.

1.) RE Skittlings : People are either unaware, racking up kills or just trollin

2.) RE The Light : It's celebratory, as soon as the center piece explodes / major boss dies and the tunnel of light appears most people want to celebrate by jumping around in the light.

Legit
04-22-2013, 12:27 AM
I killed the skitters for awhile to get that title and the +40 ego, and I've seen several others doing it with skitters left over to make more crit spots than you need. Unless you have someone driving around the arkfall in a car or using an AoE weapon, it really doesn't make as big a difference as everyone makes it out to be. I really don't see the point in the endless number of threads about this.

kniferun
04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
They are drones? They enjoy attention?

Im one of those tools who just circle the crystal waiting for the bugs to bite the crystal, but never show up and do this the whole time, hoping one will sneak through.

jaymee82
04-22-2013, 01:35 AM
People kill the skitterlings for the pursuit of kill so many thousand enemies at arkfalls, I think there are 2 pursuits, one for 1000 and another for 2000, this is probably why you see people killing the skitterlings, yes it can be annoying, but if people want to do it just let them be, I see no point in moaning because you won't be able to stop it.

Azrael008uk
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Why do people kill the small hell bugs the make the crystal more vulnerable and easier to destroy?

Some people are aware that minor arkfalls will continue to re-spawn Skitterlings until the crystal is destroyed.

Also before you jump onto Area Chat to call people names make sure you're goal is to destroy the crystal and not destroy the waves of Hellbugs because if it's the latter you need to be killing the Skitterlings.

It's not really something worth worrying about.

I don't know of anyone who's managed to fail an Arkfall because someone killed a Skitterling.

I don't think it's fair even to try and label it 'griefing'.

I don't see malicious youthes trying to spoil my game.

I just see new players excited that they can destroy stuff with their cars.

Az

Dolnor
04-22-2013, 02:29 AM
People kill the skitterlings for the pursuit of kill so many thousand enemies at arkfalls, I think there are 2 pursuits, one for 1000 and another for 2000, this is probably why you see people killing the skitterlings, yes it can be annoying, but if people want to do it just let them be, I see no point in moaning because you won't be able to stop it.

Head to "Head First Crater" near the Bug'n'Grub. Plenty of skitters, warriors, and archers to fill your kill lists! And there are other nests out many other places. Or just cruise the roads and kill the skitterings as they feast on the dead bodies.

TQQdles™

The numb
04-22-2013, 02:34 AM
I do it because there is no reason I do what I want and don't ask for your permission or approval, also I don't recall putting you in charge of my gaming experience and fun factor.
What next? are you going to become the authority on what weapons we should use?

If you don't like shooting the little buggers than don't.
I don't come on the forums and whine about it.

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 02:35 AM

1) kill skitterlings cuz they driving around or shooting launchers (understandable when its waves)

2) the light idk ppl are moths i just hop in my Challenger and drive off to the next one and get a head start

jaymee82
04-22-2013, 02:41 AM
Head to "Head First Crater" near the Bug'n'Grub. Plenty of skitters, warriors, and archers to fill your kill lists! And there are other nests out many other places. Or just cruise the roads and kill the skitterings as they feast on the dead bodies.

TQQdles™

Clearly you didn't read, there are pursuits for killing 1000 and 2000 "AT ARKFALLS" so driving around randomly killing any skitterling running about won't fill that quota

L3ST3R
04-22-2013, 02:42 AM
I do it because people get mad, and it's funny.

I also like to jump into the light and spin around, maybe add a bit of tea bagging also.

Tornad0s
04-22-2013, 02:54 AM
TQQdles™
For pursuit we need kill skitterings in MAJOR ARKFALL, 2500 of THEM. Are you stupid or don't read all text?

Raikon
04-22-2013, 02:59 AM

Simple, wherever you get a group of individuals there will alway be people playing with these intention to annoy others.
They get their fun hoping other people are enraged.
In other words sad ****ers.

L3ST3R
04-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Simple, wherever you get a group of individuals there will alway be people playing with these intention to annoy others.

Yes, we are the sad ones, coming onto a forum to cry about it.

The numb
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM

I get annoyed by people that don't shoot the baby spiders and I have to do all the work by my self.

L3ST3R
04-22-2013, 03:07 AM
I get annoyed by people that don't shoot the baby spiders and I have to do all the work by my self.
I find using the nade launcher or some sort of multi exploding rocket works best, seem to get groups of them when you fire at the ark fall.

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 03:09 AM

when ppl dont shoot them? but they make taking the arkfall down easier

The numb
04-22-2013, 03:17 AM
I don't understand why some people get so worked up about it. Maybe they want to be a game police or something ...giggles:D

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 03:23 AM
I don't understand why some people get so worked up about it. Maybe they want to be a game police or something ...giggles:D

i dont understand why ppl destroy the arkfalls so fast when we complete them we still have like 10-15 mins left y not just milk the bugs?

The numb
04-22-2013, 03:23 AM
when ppl dont shoot them? but they make taking the arkfall down easier

it's too easy as it is, Maybe it's hard for others so they complain a lot , That would explain I guess.

jaymee82
04-22-2013, 03:34 AM
Basically, all I have to say is, stop whining and learn to play better then you wouldnt need the skitterlings to bite weakspots. Yes they drop ammo, but if you are well prepared, you wouldnt need to pickup ammo, you should be switching between your loadouts and if you still find this too hard, then maybe you should just leave the arkfalls for the big boys and girls ;)

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 03:38 AM
it's too easy as it is, Maybe it's hard for others so they complain a lot , That would explain I guess.

i guess lol i just hope one day they realize to spend 10 more mins killing the bugs and not focusing on the arkfall so u can get more kills

The numb
04-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah we are busy shooting baby spiders go find your own ark falls.and stop trolling...giglles

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 03:43 AM
Yeah we are busy shooting baby spiders go find your own ark falls.and stop trolling...giglles

lol one day they will learn....too bad ur not on NA server >< everyone i have a convo with and know how to play are always on EU servers not fair ><

Figma
04-22-2013, 03:47 AM
i guess lol i just hope one day they realize to spend 10 more mins killing the bugs and not focusing on the arkfall so u can get more kills
I agree, im going to milk arkfalls as long as i have to if trion doesnt fix the reseting pursuits

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 03:49 AM
I agree, im going to milk arkfalls as long as i have to if trion doesnt fix the reseting pursuits

right? i logged off yesterday almost had all the kills i needed for the arkfall way of life log in and im back to 0 >< so many of them are bugged like kill 5 enemies with a ego power in competitive had a contract for that finished the contracted and the pursuit still says 1/5

GodSpark
04-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Some of the replies in this thread make me shake my head, and only confirm that wave based Arkfalls are the way to go.

To be honest, I think that Trion should ditch the destroy the Crystal formula all together. It's tedious, frustrating, and it is not even challenging. The only thing that makes it difficult is other people doing the wrong thing. Plus the damn pursuits encourage playstyles that contradict the way the Arkfall works. It's silly.

They should instead focus on more variety and challenge in wave based Arkfalls. Because those are actually fun, they flow with the pursuits, and they are damn near impossible to grief.

Cl Chaos
04-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Some of the replies in this thread make me shake my head, and only confirm that wave based Arkfalls are the way to go.

To be honest, I think that Trion should ditch the destroy the Crystal formula all together. It's tedious, frustrating, and it is not even challenging. The only thing that makes it difficult is other people doing the wrong thing. Plus the damn pursuits encourage playstyles that contradict the way the Arkfall works. It's silly.

They should instead focus on more variety and challenge in wave based Arkfalls. Because those are actually fun, they flow with the pursuits, and they are damn near impossible to grief.

ya the waves are great but are not long enough again finish it with alot of time left....why dont we have a 99ers raiders mutant or dark matter major arkfalls? id love to see the last thing being to destroy the big mech

MechHED
04-24-2013, 04:57 AM
I agree with chaos. longer, more varied waves.

AllDay
04-24-2013, 05:11 AM
The only time it truly bother me is when they drive around the damn crystal even if they aren't running over skitterlings just driving at an arkfall is annoying to me, but not much you can do other than marvel at their stupidity. Narcissism isn't curable, it is however contagious.>:cool:

AllDay
04-24-2013, 05:13 AM
I agree on this idea, destroying the crystal is pretty stupid and killing waves of enemies is much more fun and challenging then shooting a f-ing crystal.

Jeff Kaos
04-24-2013, 05:28 AM
I've definately killed my fair share of skitterlings at Arkfalls and here's the simple reason: auto aim. The aim assist feature is on by default and TBH I use it. Because of this when I aim at a crystal or one of the bigger hell bugs if my crosshairs are touching a skitterling or a skitterling is anywhere in front of my intended target when I aim them I'm going to hit them instead and sinse skitterlings are so weak they will always die on the firs shot. Now multiply this by the number of players at an Arkfall and now you know why this happens. It's certainly not player griefing like someon suggested it's an accident that occurs due to a game mechanic. And I'm more than positive that more than a few skiterlings have fallen to every single player, including OP, for this very reason.
As for jumping in the light at the end, well that s*** is just plain fun.

seany1977
04-24-2013, 05:38 AM
You'll hate me then, when I am letting fly with my Rebounder. I am simply trying to complete the pursuits and skill up the Rebounder. Like I imagine alot of people are doing. Get off my back. Who are you? My mom?

MrGrinse
04-24-2013, 05:40 AM
The reason I think people Go into the light is just for fun and also ingrained habits. Those habits of looting the corpse of a boss once killed. A vain hope that in the light there is epic loots.

Cl Chaos
04-24-2013, 05:42 AM
I agree with chaos. longer, more varied waves.

thank u you should see this post i made :D http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?49498-Arkfalls-are-way-to-easy-and-easy-1000-kills

Grit
04-24-2013, 05:46 AM
1. The Light = Golden Showers haha... something stupid to do when the battle is over and done with

2. Killing Skitterlings.. I kill them after they bite a hole in the crystal after that they tend to become aggresive toward you or they go turn into the regular hellbugs. Seriously there are enough skitterlings spawning that running out of time should NOT be an issue. Archers...i'll stop shooting the glowblisters(weak spots) to kill these things ASAP..i hate getting stinkfoot. The Blast Pods aka Skeetfeet Hellbugzits..those need to be taken care of ASAP even more so if there are just a cpl ppl at the arkfall. Don't fret about the little skitterlings..there are more than enough of them plus they give ammo.

If you cannot compete in an arkfall and place in the top 20, you need to stop going to arkfalls, you're wasting space. Well unless you're one of the "late people" that show up at the very end to get a Golden Shower.

Coming on the forum and crying about people killing skitterlings or driving around the arkfall is pointless. I enjoy watching people trying to ram the crystal, it makes me laugh. I laugh evenharder when i see someone speed into a monarch lol.

Also depending what time of night you're on will dictate the kind of players that you'll encounter.

Eagle
04-24-2013, 05:52 AM
I've definately killed my fair share of skitterlings at Arkfalls and here's the simple reason: auto aim.

Exactly, like if you waited for the weak point on the crystal and a skitterling is still in front of it, my shots are directed at the skitterling.

Nine Ba11
04-24-2013, 06:02 AM
People do it for 2 dominant reasons. 1. Theyre ****in stupid. 2. They foolishly believe that it counts towards major arkfall kills, when you run small fries over. It doesnt, which takes us back to point 1.

Either way, just move on to a different one or do what I do. Blow the skitterlings up so they just drive in a circle and get bored. They're idiots, they'll find some other menial activity to get that ****** rush they love. Above all, dont let them get to you.

Jeff Kaos
04-24-2013, 06:05 AM
I also wanted to make this point: killing skitterlings doesn't really make as much of a difference as players think. I use a regular un modded LMG for my Arkfall build and if I aim exclusively at the crystal I hit it 85 times for 44-64 points of damage each shot. If I aim at a herpes sore I hit it for about 480 points 5 or 6 times. So just through regular attacks I'm doing 3,740-5,440 points of damage and with the "weak spot" I'm maybe doing about 2,400-3,000 damage. And I also use overpower on Arkfall build so I usually don't waste time reloading when I'm drilling into a crystal so I'm doing bonus damage for another 85 shots almost immediately after my original 85 shots. And the only time I've ever seen an Arkfall time out was when one was glitches last night and there were mobs just no crystal.

Grit
04-24-2013, 06:11 AM
I also wanted to make this point: killing skitterlings doesn't really make as much of a difference as players think. I use a regular un modded LMG for my Arkfall build and if I aim exclusively at the crystal I hit it 85 times for 44-64 points of damage each shot. If I aim at a herpes sore I hit it for about 480 points 5 or 6 times. So just through regular attacks I'm doing 3,740-5,440 points of damage and with the "weak spot" I'm maybe doing about 2,400-3,000 damage. And I also use overpower on Arkfall build so I usually don't waste time reloading when I'm drilling into a crystal so I'm doing bonus damage for another 85 shots almost immediately after my original 85 shots. And the only time I've ever seen an Arkfall time out was when one was glitches last night and there were mobs just no crystal.

Ahh i had one glitch out last night. Mob remained but the crystal went away and there was about 10minutes left on the counter...i think it was a raider arkfall. I was like WTF?? then i just did a few more sidemissions and called it a night.

bigbear2face
04-24-2013, 07:12 AM
While I'm not defending the actions of the people that kill the skitterlings on that version of hellbug arkfalls, there is a somewhat legitimate reason why they do it:

First of all, now that the lag is mostly fixed, you have a ridiculously long time to do arkfalls. The 20 mins to do the small crystals is more then enough even if people are killing skitterlings before they open up the weak points. Then the timer resets when you get to the final stage. Time should never be an issue.

Second of all the glitched pursuit makes people want to farm kills as quickly as possible before their counter resets. Its incredibly hard to get to 1000 or 2500 kills at major arkfalls if you don't just drive around the crystal running over skitterlings.

Its a **** move but there are somewhat legit reasons why people do it. Until Trion fixes the pursuit glitch I'm not going to get that upset about people doing it because, while I never will do it, I've been tempted to just to get the pursuit.

AddictedNoob
04-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Sometimes I find myself killing a few of them here or there when at a arkfall due to auto-aiming.

sc9000
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
They kill them because there is a pursuit people want and they die fast as hell , and people do not care about the other people, but if that pursuit was not in the game then people would not kill them. You need to kill 50k enemy in a major ark fall . The scrappers reset there points so , there stuck doing it over and over. Until they realize they need to only kill the hell bug ones.

Jackaleffect
04-24-2013, 09:02 AM
I agree with some of the people here some of the people myself included kill the skittlings because of the arkfall pursuit if it wasnt bugged i wouldnt do it as much but with it reseting like a ***** u have to get 2500 kills asap (major arkfalls of course) if they fix this bug or at least after alot of people have some how managed to smash past the reset barrier and finished it the people killing skits will die down a little.

Another reason why people do it is because its the easiest way to get 5000 kills with say weapon (that also for some people is reseting) also once a skit has made a weak spot it wont make another so people sometimes kill them

As for the light thing its a celebration thing just like tea-bagging (tho tea-bagging is an insult + celebration) its harmless fun so i dont get why u was complaining about the flock to light thing lol

NateTheGr8
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
There are two reasons. Reason one is because Trion made a game where 90% of the time you are killing everything that gives you a funny look. You get done killing a group of things, and then almost instantly there's another group of things to shoot at. The only rest periods in the game involve going to a town to shop for more gear. So when an Arkfall comes, people just try to kill everything. Also, the light is pretty and people think that loot drops after every Arkfall. I stand in it to see if it will burn the flesh from my bones.

The second reason is people are dumb. They think getting a higher kill rating will bump them up in the ratings or that they just NEED to kill stuff.

Sogreth
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Lol i feel you, just earlier i told people using detonators to stop so the skitterlings can do our job more easier. People are just slow sometimes.

Sogreth
04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
There are two reasons. Reason one is because Trion made a game where 90% of the time you are killing everything that gives you a funny look. You get done killing a group of things, and then almost instantly there's another group of things to shoot at. The only rest periods in the game involve going to a town to shop for more gear. So when an Arkfall comes, people just try to kill everything. Also, the light is pretty and people think that loot drops after every Arkfall. I stand in it to see if it will burn the flesh from my bones.

The second reason is people are dumb. They think getting a higher kill rating will bump them up in the ratings or that they just NEED to kill stuff.

I just think most of this people have not much experience what a mmo game is. I get your point though. Just an opinion. Oh i do the same thing to that light is just so well i dont know. :)

OldGuyWithStick
04-24-2013, 10:42 AM
People shoot the skitterlings because they are ignorant of their purpose or griefing. People go into the light for the lols most likely, to celebrate victory.

Personally, I go dance in the light because it amuses me how inexplicably pissed off it makes some people on the forums. Seriously, why do people care?

Also, the three or four bundles of resources worth 750 each dropped by some bosses is a good reason, not to mention possible loot items

bigbear2face
04-24-2013, 10:43 AM
People do it for 2 dominant reasons. 1. Theyre ****in stupid. 2. They foolishly believe that it counts towards major arkfall kills, when you run small fries over. It doesnt, which takes us back to point 1.

Either way, just move on to a different one or do what I do. Blow the skitterlings up so they just drive in a circle and get bored. They're idiots, they'll find some other menial activity to get that ****** rush they love. Above all, dont let them get to you.

The part I bolded is incorrect. I know for a fact that they do count. One of my friends got his pursuits by being a d*** and driving over skitterlings at arkfalls. You may think they don't because your counter keeps resetting.

I agree with some of the people here some of the people myself included kill the skittlings because of the arkfall pursuit if it wasnt bugged i wouldnt do it as much but with it reseting like a ***** u have to get 2500 kills asap (major arkfalls of course) if they fix this bug or at least after alot of people have some how managed to smash past the reset barrier and finished it the people killing skits will die down a little.

Another reason why people do it is because its the easiest way to get 5000 kills with say weapon (that also for some people is reseting) also once a skit has made a weak spot it wont make another so people sometimes kill them

As for the light thing its a celebration thing just like tea-bagging (tho tea-bagging is an insult + celebration) its harmless fun so i dont get why u was complaining about the flock to light thing lol

See, I can understand why people would do it to get the glitched pursuits. Its a d*** move but somewhat legitimate since Trion won't fix the pursuit.

However, doing it to get 5000 kills is completely invalid. There are infinite hellbug spawns at the Head First Crater (just barely NE of Bug and Chug) and Diablo Station. There is no reason to farm kills at arkfalls for anything other then the arkfall kill pursuits.

SweetMadness
04-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Frst time I saw people run to the light, I thought there was suppose to be something there.

I was very sad when I found nothing :(

FattyMcG33
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
you can't fix stupid

This. /10char

Frantic Poet
04-24-2013, 11:03 AM
I want the light to strobe.
Also, glowsticks.

Rave based Arkfalls.

ausrotten
04-24-2013, 11:45 AM
i jump in the light and dance. too..its a dance of firrrre!
its starting to catch up too ive seen more ppl are doing it now too!!

hey everyone lets have an arkhunters dance mob!!! hahah