PDA

View Full Version : Hey! How many times have you rebuilt your database?

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Everyone here has had the hard freeze that forces us to either flip a power switch or pull the cord. When we restart we have to rebuild our PS3 database.
I'm going on 18 and I've had the game since last Monday.
What about you?

P.S; in case anyone doesn't already know, when prompted by that rebuild database screen you can press circle to skip it.
Even still, everyone knows that the hard resets and flipping switches/pulling cords is bad mojo for a PS3. I really hope that crap is fixed before my PS3 YLOD on me.

Fiox
04-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Everyone here has had the hard freeze that forces us to either flip a power switch or pull the cord. When we restart we have to rebuild our PS3 database.
What about you?

P.S; in case anyone doesn't already know, when prompted by that rebuild database screen you can press circle to skip it.
Even still, everyone knows that the hard resets and flipping switches/pulling cords is bad mojo for a PS3. I really hope that crap is fixed before my PS3 YLOD on me.

Not once during a freeze just push the power button on a slim and it safely shuts down then you just turn it back on :cool:

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 01:28 AM
I have a slim and it won't shut down properly. It's a brand new 500GB Assassins Creed bundle I got about 2 months ago as my original fat 40GB launch model is getting tired and is now the centerpiece of my theater system in my basement.

Maybe you're luckier that me!

Wolf177
04-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Not once during a freeze just push the power button on a slim and it safely shuts down then you just turn it back on :cool:

By slim do you mean the newest version of the PS3 or the one just before? I have the one before and I still get it. :/
Hopefully that'll be fixed soon. :)

Aeris Shadow
04-22-2013, 01:32 AM
sometimes you have to hold the power button on the slim to make it turn off and it still gives you the warning about not shutting it down correctly.

Fubbick
04-22-2013, 01:38 AM
I get this on my old 60gb fat and on my 500gb slim. Pressing the power button does nothing, nor does holding it in. Have to flip the powerswitch on the fat, and yank the cord on the slim. A couple of times i've been able to exit to the menu and been able to kill the game.

Figma
04-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Game has freezed on me more than any other game i can think of

Game freeze = you cant quit to xmb but game itself dont respond
Soft freeze = you can press power button or eject disc and it will beeb 3 times and shut down
Hard freeze = no matter what you press console wont notice it and only way to get out is pull the plug

Dandrielas
04-22-2013, 01:43 AM
It has only happened to me once before where I have to yank the cord. Luckily most of the time just hitting the reset button works.

EvilWaterman
04-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Erm, Zero..............

TANKGERL
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM
my slim is not even a year old and i have pushed all the buttons to restart. only twice has the power button worked. my ps3 has froze around 20 time if not more. i guess my luck sucks. on pc i can play defiance for hours with no trouble.:mad:

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Erm, Zero..............

Lucky, lucky bro.
Go knock on some wood.

EvilWaterman
04-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Lucky, lucky bro.
Go knock on some wood.

Maybe I''l do the lottery this week!

Fiox
04-22-2013, 02:23 AM
By slim do you mean the newest version of the PS3 or the one just before? I have the one before and I still get it. :/
Hopefully that'll be fixed soon. :)
the one befor ethe current version everytime I freeze just push the button it beeps takes like 15-20 seconds shutting down then i can turn it back on.

Facade
04-22-2013, 05:28 AM

Not during a hard lock. A freeze is not the same thing as a hard lock and it will not respond to anything other than pulling the power cord to force it to restart.

On topic though, I haven't done the rebuild ever. I've pressed circle at that screen every single time it prompts since I bought my PS3 years ago.

Fubbick
04-22-2013, 05:37 AM
I usually let it run its course. Never had any errors tho, so it never took longer than 10 min or so. Had the same issues with the first Fallout and with skyrim. But Defiance has been the worst by far. But I usually just take it as a sign that I need a break from gaming.

Derek
04-22-2013, 05:45 AM
Everyone here has had the hard freeze that forces us to either flip a power switch or pull the cord.

Wrong. Not everyone.

veryhighpanda
04-22-2013, 07:33 AM
What about you?

In all honesty about 30-40 times I never "rebuild" it tho to used to it . It's defiance what's messes you ps3 over trust me , like fallout 3 god bad times , never remove the cord!!! Just hold power for 30 seconds it has to shut down no matter what , I think most if not all devices what can turn on or off has this 30 - min hold down anyway just keep letting defiance bum **** your hdd it don't matter anyway you should be getting a ps4 by the time it's dead lol

FullMetalTech
04-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Ive hard about 3 to 4 hard freezes. Not fun to be in a middle of a mission and have it lock on you.

Facade
04-22-2013, 07:43 AM
It's defiance what's messes you ps3 over trust me , like fallout 3 god bad times , never remove the cord!!! Just hold power for 30 seconds it has to shut down no matter what

If your system does a Hard lock it then it doesn't matter how long you hold the power button down for, it doesn't respond and you are forced to cut the power to it. If holding the power button worked for you, then you did NOT experience a "Hard Lock" and only a "freeze"

veryhighpanda
04-22-2013, 07:59 AM
If your system does a Hard lock it then it doesn't matter how long you hold the power button down for, it doesn't respond and you are forced to cut the power to it. If holding the power button worked for you, then you did NOT experience a "Hard Lock" and only a "freeze"

Trust me google it or sumin lol I've been gaming firs years and know and had a Lot of hard freezes keeping hold WILL work after a min or two

Facade
04-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Trust me google it or sumin lol I've been gaming firs years and know and had a Lot of hard freezes keeping hold WILL work after a min or two

Only it won't. I've held it down for 5 min at one point to see if it would work. There is a difference between a "freeze" and "Hard lock"

cadaverhead
04-22-2013, 08:30 AM
It's nothing to worry about really. I have been playing DCUO on ps3 since launch, even beta tested on ps3 as well. I can't even begin to count all the times my ps3 has had a hard freeze from playing that game over the course of two years and some change, but if I were to guess it would probably be somewhere around 1000-1500 times, maybe more. I'm still using the same ps3 and it still works fine.

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
ok good post, appreciated all of the ppl who commented. I am new to the ps3 gamer genre (pc gamer or table top rpg type games) an I have had multiple freezes, soft an game freezes an server timed out...an have lost wpns not in matrix, an 2 hard freezes where I held the pwr button down til my finger hurt an it didnt switch off so I had to unplug...scared the crap out of me tbh, I called all my bro's who have one an was crapwhatcanIdo!!help, an they all just lol'd an said its ok, just let it run its thing...so should I let the prompt go through? or press circle to pass it, or will that destroy my preplayed game info? Appreciate the help from anyone who knows more than me, thanks. Defiance Lifer ~mJ~

veryhighpanda
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Only it won't. I've held it down for 5 min at one point to see if it would work. There is a difference between a "freeze" and "Hard lock"

Lol well you got a manky ps3 then 2min power works all the time when it hard locks press it once if it freezes

jonwes
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Pretty new PS3. It was fine until just yesterday, where it happened twice.

Shinji Ex
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Never crashed ever...

Facade
04-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Lol well you got a manky ps3 then 2min power works all the time when it hard locks press it once if it freezes

That's not a hard lock if it restarts when you do the soft reset.

Not sure how you are not getting this or if I'm being trolled.
:\

Shogo_Yahagi
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Mine seems to crash most often when I quit the game. When it does I just get a black display with scattered white pixels, it hangs for a few seconds, and then restarts on its own. I only had to force a restart once, and even then, it didn't have to rebuild the database.

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
ok good post, appreciated all of the ppl who commented. I am new to the ps3 gamer genre (pc gamer or table top rpg type games) an I have had multiple freezes, soft an game freezes an server timed out...an have lost wpns not in matrix, an 2 hard freezes where I held the pwr button down til my finger hurt an it didnt switch off so I had to unplug...scared the crap out of me tbh, I called all my bro's who have one an was crapwhatcanIdo!!help, an they all just lol'd an said its ok, just let it run its thing...so should I let the prompt go through? or press circle to pass it, or will that destroy my preplayed game info? Appreciate the help from anyone who knows more than me, thanks. Defiance Lifer ~mJ~

If you press circle you CAN bypass the rebuild screen and your PS3 will boot up normally.
You will NOT lose any game information and nothing should be deleted off your PS3.
However, if you see it happen often its not a bad idea to let it run....it's kinda like defragging a PC.

Mine seems to crash most often when I quit the game. When it does I just get a black display with scattered white pixels, it hangs for a few seconds, and then restarts on its own. I only had to force a restart once, and even then, it didn't have to rebuild the database.
Do NOT just quit your game by holding the HOME button and selecting "Quit Game."
Do NOT just quit your game by pressing the HOME button to bring up the XMB and selecting "Quit Game."

To quit your game properly, press start while in game and hold L2 to bring up your wheel and then press SQUARE to LOG OUT before you QUT.
I used to hard lock almost every time I quit before a friend told me to log out. Haven't froze on quitting since!

Shogo_Yahagi
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Do NOT just quit your game by holding the HOME button and selecting "Quit Game."
Do NOT just quit your game by pressing the HOME button to bring up the XMB and selecting "Quit Game."

To quit your game properly, press start while in game and hold L2 to bring up your wheel and then press SQUARE to LOG OUT before you QUT.
I used to hard lock almost every time I quit before a friend told me to log out. Haven't froze on quitting since!
I do log out before quitting, and have been since beta. It still crashes on a fairly regular basis when I try to quit out of the game from the title screen.

RegularX
04-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Not once. I've occasionally had the game lock up when I try to quit, the PS3 reboots itself but does not give the corruption/rebuild warning.

Hiten
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Have had the hard freeze/rebuild database several (probably 5-7 times) since launch.

This definitely needs to be fixed.

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Nope never had a hard freeze.

FNL4EVA23
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
What about you?

Over 30 and one of those times made me lose all data... I done so much i can replicate it... New super slim and does same at friends as well. Waiting for fix it started with that long emergency downtime thing soon after. new fixes brings new issues yay.

FNL4EVA23
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I have a slim and it won't shut down properly. It's a brand new 500GB Assassins Creed bundle I got about 2 months ago as my original fat 40GB launch model is getting tired and is now the centerpiece of my theater system in my basement.

Maybe you're luckier that me!

Same console as me same issues.

XM193
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Never had a hard freeze from this game. Skyrim on the other hand...

You're wrong. Or just too high.