PDA

View Full Version : Baby in the corner...

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 01:53 AM
You said nobody puts baby in the corner....well it looks and feels like us ps3 users are in the corner or were the red headed step child...

The only posts I've seen mentioned since the devs started hunkering down and deflecting hate messages are ones regarding pc and Xbox which is great, unless of course like me your trying to play and ignore bugs on the ps3.

You say you can't give us an ETA on this patch Okies, but can we get some info on what's been fixed on ps3? What's getting fixed next? What's the time table for the next ps3 update? Are you obligated to push out broken content to keep up with syfy's schedule or are we going to end up 3 weeks behind the show in terms of episode missions etc?

It just seems to me that since we were told no eta on patch we've been ignored / forgotten about and yes I understand your busy but we have issues that for the most part at the moment are being ignored as owners of he game you should be takin ownership of issues that arise and do your best to put them right whilst not alienating a huge chunk of your customer base.

So any chance of some ps3 love devs or is that wishfull thinking?

EvilWaterman
04-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Now I know not everyone has the same problems and I absolutely believe that you are experiencing issues but I have to honestly say that I have not experienced one single bug, apart from the dead zone issue.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Now I know not everyone has the same problems and I absolutely believe that you are experiencing issues but I have to honestly say that I have not experienced one single bug, apart from the dead zone issue.

I'm only experiencing the bugs that almost everyone else is (apart from a few fanbois, they seem to be bug proof...yay for them)

That said the thread is really about communication so many thanks for your post but seriously read a thread properly before commenting next time please

EvilWaterman
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Even though this is an open forum, I will respect your wishes. However, I really was just adding my experience so in effect, my post is slightly relevant.

On a side note, you didn't really mention what bugs you were experiencing.

Mara
04-22-2013, 02:13 AM

LOL :p

for one I Can't wait for the patch in hopes it fixes all the glitches & bugs & you don't have any?? lucky you ;)

I love this game & have played since Beta but I game to relax & i'm now starting to question playing Defiance till its properly fixed.

Im gonna go wait with Baby in the corner, Good gaming everyone :D

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 02:14 AM
You do realize that it's Sony you should be angry with, right?
They (notoriously) take their sweet time with any kind of dev patches and updates, creating issues like you're experiencing. Trion can do nothing except for the dear lord of Playstation to bless you with an update submitted over a week ago.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:23 AM
I understand this patch is with Sony, my monies on the other hand are with Trion. I'm asking Trion the questions.

I played dcuo on ps3 from launch to gates of tartar I know all about the Sony approval process, the annoying thing is it seems we all know more about that process than anyone at Trion. They knew more than we did in regards to the process and yet it still went down the way it did.

That IMO is disgracefull and a major oversite on trions part, they knew before the 15th that the ps3 patch weren't gonna get released but they didn't mention that in the two weeks before when saying wait till we fix it all on the 15th.

So yes I'm annoyed at Sony but I ne'er stand they don't want broken junk messing up there customers gaming experience to a certain extent, Trion just dropped the ball working within sonys requirements.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:25 AM
On a side note, you didn't really mention what bugs you were experiencing.

I didn't no, there's many other posts explaining what bugs peeps are having pick a few of the list and yeah I've prob had them but again this thread isn't about the bugs is it

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Christ, I swear to god that this is the very first game for some people.
Sony has ALWAYS been slow to release dev patches. They are extremely picky about testing it and for good reason.

PC and XBOX had this patch and their versions of our game are far from perfect.
This far Trion has done a spectacular job with the release of this game.
I can name several other games that released in the past 12 months that were so bugged and broken at launch they were nearly unplayable.

Skyrim, New Vegas, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3....all of these game came from highly experienced game developers who know both consoles like the back of their hands and still were broken as hell on launch. And these are just the games I've played.

This game is still playable. My clan has been relying heavily on Skype so the only time we need to restart is when someone freezes. Sure the pursuits and coop maps are bugged as hell but that doesn't stop us from Arkfalls or helping each other with the missions.
Patience my friends, I'd rather Trion take their time and do it RIGHT instead of rushing things and screwing it all up.

Dirt Nap
04-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Everyone stop whining. Man the **** up.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:37 AM
Snip

Patience my friends, I'd rather Trion take their time and do it RIGHT instead of rushing things and screwing it all up.

It's been an ok release not spectacular, but don't get me wrong I'm loving the game and playing way to much but as I said this is about communication not moaning about bugs!

First game....of course not if been abusing mmos since the days of uo. But just because some have become used to expecting the worse from a mmo launch doesn't make it right or acceptable for everyone or right even.

I can be patient but Trion need to keep the customers in the loop to a certain extent if they wish to keep them for longer than most of the games you mentioned.

If Trion turned around and said you'd have to wait as long as you did for the sky rim dlc would you continue playing? A few may but the majority won't and then eventually the have to turn the servers off like a ton of failed mmos. Which is the last thing any of us here want right!

And lol Christ Sony always been slow......surely if even you know that Trion should have prepared for it n all!

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 02:43 AM
The only way Trion could have prepared for it would be to submit to Sony, wait for them to finally release it, then release it to the rest of the consoles. Why punish all platforms for the mistake(s) of one company? As for who has your money, it's true Trion made the profit on the game, but Sony isn't exactly sending them the 'Here's the update on your update' newsletter.

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
It's been an ok release not spectacular, but don't get me wrong I'm loving the game and playing way to much but as I said this is about communication not moaning about bugs!

First game....of course not if been abusing mmos since the days of uo. But just because some have become used to expecting the worse from a mmo launch doesn't make it right or acceptable for everyone or right even.

I can be patient but Trion need to keep the customers in the loop to a certain extent if they wish to keep them for longer than most of the games you mentioned.

If Trion turned around and said you'd have to wait as long as you did for the sky rim dlc would you continue playing? A few may but the majority won't and then eventually the have to turn the servers off like a ton of failed mmos. Which is the last thing any of us here want right!

And lol Christ Sony always been slow......surely if even you know that Trion should have prepared for it n all!

Maybe Trion should've been prepared for it but you can't really prepare for something like this. My wife takes up to 2 hours to get ready to go out, sometimes less and sometimes more. Trying to judge what she's going to wear or how she's doing her hair is impossible and I think this analogy fits here.

About the only thing I agree about is the communication. Communication is paramount and could go a LONG way towards players complaining. Then again, if I was a dev at Trion I'd be more focused on fixing the issue than keeping customers in the loop about what I was doing and what time I would be finished.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Well Trion could have submitted a working patch to Sony, or you know done it a week or so earlier than the others so they could launch at the same time....sorry it must be pretty hard for you to understand that. Trion KNOW the Sony patch approval process if they choose to ignore it instead of factoring it into the way they work when they are releasing a game on that platform they are dropping the ball.

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Well Trion could have submitted a working patch to Sony, or you know done it a week or so earlier than the others so they could launch at the same time....sorry it must be pretty hard for you to understand that. Trion KNOW the Sony patch approval process if they choose to ignore it instead of factoring it into the way they work when they are releasing a game on that platform they are dropping the ball.So your solution is to make 80% of the players just wait while one of the worst companies about update gets their act together? Just because misery loves company?

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Well Trion could have submitted a working patch to Sony, or you know done it a week or so earlier than the others so they could launch at the same time....sorry it must be pretty hard for you to understand that. Trion KNOW the Sony patch approval process if they choose to ignore it instead of factoring it into the way they work when they are releasing a game on that platform they are dropping the ball.

I don't know, maybe I've waited for more patches to be released by Sony so I'm used to waiting and thus more patient.
Generally PC and XBOX get patched first because their architecture is almost identical.
This will never change.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 02:57 AM
So your solution is to make 80% of the players just wait while one of the worst companies about update gets their act together? Just because misery loves company?

No my solution is to get the patches into Sony earlier so they can be released at the same time for the sake on continuity with the tv show

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 03:00 AM
I don't know, maybe I've waited for more patches to be released by Sony so I'm used to waiting and thus more patient.
Generally PC and XBOX get patched first because their architecture is almost identical.
This will never change.

Please....where have I said I'm impatient? The post was about communication from Trion regarding the issues ps3 is having and the plan for rolling out future patches / dlc.

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 03:03 AM
No my solution is to get the patches into Sony earlier so they can be released at the same time for the sake on continuity with the tv showYou can't create a patch to fix a problem until the problem has been reported, and if you have the fix for the problem then you need to get it to everyone as quickly as possible. For PS3 players, 'as quickly as possible' just means it takes an extra few weeks. There's nothing anyone except Sony can do about that.

Edit: It's also worth noting that issues like these are why the Xbox and PC crowds so drastically outnumber the PS3. Heck, I don't even own a game for my PS3 because I don't feel like dealing with Sony's bass ackwards policies.Great blu-ray player though.

Ruffio
04-22-2013, 03:07 AM
You can't create a patch to fix a problem until the problem has been reported, and if you have the fix for the problem then you need to get it to everyone as quickly as possible. For PS3 players, 'as quickly as possible' just means it takes an extra few weeks. There's nothing anyone except Sony can do about that.

Edit: It's also worth noting that issues like these are why the Xbox and PC crowds so drastically outnumber the PS3. Heck, I don't even own a game for my PS3 because I don't feel like dealing with Sony's bass ackwards policies.Great blu-ray player though.

If you don't even own the ps3 version of the game why are you here in this thread? And. For nothing no one can do expect Sony you sir are wrong.

Please stay on topic

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 03:11 AM
If you don't even own the ps3 version of the game why are you here in this thread? And. For nothing no one can do expect Sony you sir are wrong.

Please stay on topicBecause I know the issue you're commenting on, and thought you'd appreciate light being shed on the issue.

The ONLY people on the face of this planet who had it within their power to make bug patches arrive any faster, regarding specifically this situation, are the policy makers at Sony. Trion cannot, physically cannot, work around this process without punishing the other consoles.

dAcHrOnIc
04-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Because I know the issue you're commenting on, and thought you'd appreciate light being shed on the issue.

The ONLY people on the face of this planet who had it within their power to make bug patches arrive any faster, regarding specifically this situation, are the policy makers at Sony. Trion cannot, physically cannot, work around this process without punishing the other consoles.
Word has it that post-patch play on Xbox is just as bad as it was pre-patch.
I'd prefer Sony to actually QA the patch and make sure it doesn't screw over their customers.
I think if we did a patch count on all the game released since the consoles came out Xbox would have PS3 beat at least 2-1. This is because devs need to release hot fixes for Xbox more often than they do for Sony and Sony's so-called "draconian" policies play an extremely significant role in that.

Nachyo Chez
04-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Word has it that post-patch play on Xbox is just as bad as it was pre-patch.
I'd prefer Sony to actually QA the patch and make sure it doesn't screw over their customers.
I think if we did a patch count on all the game released since the consoles came out Xbox would have PS3 beat at least 2-1. This is because devs need to release hot fixes for Xbox more often than they do for Sony and Sony's so-called "draconian" policies play an extremely significant role in that.tbh the post-patch issues have been FAR fewer from what I've seen. The issues that did come, however, seem to much harsher. As for Sony's review process being in anyway superior... all I'll say is Live has never been down for two weeks over an exploit they failed to catch in a game update.

On topic, though, I'm not trying to argue the merits for or against Sony's policies. All I'm saying is that the delay in patches does not come from Trion.

The numb
04-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I sympathise with you but they are very busy ..you know.
They didn't return my missing epic orange gear yet, so pls, take a number and join the line.

Live2Reap
04-22-2013, 05:00 AM
I think the OP is being misunderstood by a lot of people. He's not asking for anything from Trion aside from some more communication, and frankly I agree with him. PS3 users have kind've been put on the backburner in terms of feedback and communication. While the patch is out of their hands due to Sony which MOST of us PS3 players totally understand. What Trion CAN do is make an extra effort to keep us in the loop about things to help us feel less forgotten.

Let us know if our patch is going to be different from the PC/Xbox Patch, give us patch notes, tell us what they are working on fixing next, talk about us in the Community Blogs (we have gotten MAYBE a paragraphs worth of mention total out of all the posts while Xbox had almost an entire post dedicated to them). I understand PS3 has the smallest userbase and our patch is in Sonyland but that doesn't mean we aren't of equal importance.... Nobody likes feeling like they are on the back burner :(

zeohn
04-22-2013, 07:12 AM
for real trion make broken pach now you blame SONY,YOU MUST BE ******ED
You do realize that it's Sony you should be angry with, right?
They (notoriously) take their sweet time with any kind of dev patches and updates, creating issues like you're experiencing. Trion can do nothing except for the dear lord of Playstation to bless you with an update submitted over a week ago.

Irres169
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Talk about the worst reference ever....Hollywood put her in a corner after that one movie. :D