PDA

View Full Version : "End Game" - Challenging Content

AceMcSneyd
04-22-2013, 02:52 AM
As much as I like this game, I find that the only challenging aspect is the mental ability to put up with the community. The content that exists at the moment lasts maybe a week, then there is the fact that I don't actually know what I aiming towards? I understand you level up to gain a higher EGO rating to get new weapons and equipment to.... gain more EGO rating to get new weapons -----> and so on.

That's fine, generally that is the path most MMO's take, however seeing as I have completed all current content, a while ago, I don't understand where we are heading. I can only hope that the idea is to gain as high an EGO rating as possible for whatever content is coming out next. Clans for instance seem worthless atm, except maybe for PVP, but if you have read my thoughts on PVP then you know I think it's a massive joke atm anyway, that's where the mental challenge comes into play.

On another note, judging from the amount of people that STILL kill skitterlings breaking holes in crystals, I very much doubt any sort of "challenging" content would be welcomed by the masses. It would be nice if the developers would give us some sort of insight into the direction of this game, as I believe it could do far much better than it is at the moment. I can only assume that the lack of information, high amount of bugs and the current exploits are a result of pressure to release the game on time, and maintain schedule to coinside with the show.

Again, the game is fun, unique and enjoyable, except for PVP and lack of content at the moment, let us hope the current problems get fixed and some challenging content is eventually released.

Schwa
04-22-2013, 02:56 AM
We do need higher tiers of content than what exists currently, especially since it's what we're conditioned to expect through the game's current design. Mutants natrually train you for raiders, which train you for 99ers, which train you for scrappers and Dark Matter.

Unfortunately, there's nothing harder than Dark Matter/scrappers-- once you get comfortable with those there's nowhere to go.

Anim
04-22-2013, 02:56 AM
Instead of just complaining, how about contributing to an already existing thread in a better place? It sounds like that will come across as being a bit of a **** but until people start putting forward positive ideas nothing will change :\

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?43921-Concerns-amp-Constructive-thoughts-The-big-BIG-post.

Lenko
04-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Given that players seem to have trouble with Nimm, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

AceMcSneyd
04-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Instead of just complaining, how about contributing to an already existing thread in a better place? It sounds like that will come across as being a bit of a **** but until people start putting forward positive ideas nothing will change :\

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?43921-Concerns-amp-Constructive-thoughts-The-big-BIG-post.

THIS is why I refuse to offer any sort of constructive advice or oppinions anymore:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?40542-Nerf-Bunny-Hopping-Diminishing-Returns

It's pointless to try and beat those that are only here to be a pain in the backside and mass troll every genuine idea out there.

Anim
04-22-2013, 03:03 AM
The first page of your thread seemed to do ok, with a few ideas thrown around. Theres none of that in mine though apart from one guy who doesnt understand English. I wrote mine so that the fanatic fanboy trolls cant even write a **** response to it, let alone one with any sort of bad logic.