PDA

View Full Version : You call this mmo chat?

Kroner
04-22-2013, 07:35 AM
What's up with this chat?
Ok, 1st off I do enjoy the game, but seriously what is up with this chat? I will probably get torn down for this but... I've been a FFXI player for years, it is a ps2, Xbox, pc cross platform mmorpg. While I realize this isn't a mmorpg but it is a mmo and I think they should take a look at the chat system from FFXI which has been going for 10+years now. The chat system and player search functions are far superior in that game which is mmo and uses the same systems. While this only would improve keyboard chat as there is no voice chat in that game it would still greatly enhance the overall feel that you are in a world with other people.
I also agree with another post I've seen stating gear should have mod slots or stats.
The other suggestion I had while small in importance is crucial I believe, and that is your inspect feature, what is the point of checking someone if you can't see the stats on the weapons or mods they are using, comparing gear is a huge gap in this game I believe.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Its a mystery to me why the game went with such a terrible Chat system. The one Trion uses in Rift is quite servicable, better than FF's. They should have just used that.

I think their intent was that most people would prefer Voice chat, but that's terrible too.

RoG Goat
04-22-2013, 07:38 AM
They know... they announced already that they are fixing it.

Oceanhawk
04-22-2013, 07:52 AM
They know... they announced already that they are fixing it.

LOL they did fix it, already. That one line of text now stays visible when you sprint!!!! That fixes it right? hmmmmm wait a sec.

wardak
04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I'd just like to have the option to keep the chat box up at all times. It goes away so darn fast that I find i'm constantly missing messages from friends.

Kroner
04-22-2013, 08:30 AM
I have yet to see any random chat, Find any way to group up with others in game to go wander around with, see anyone talking at large arc falls, any way to assist randoms with their missions?... For a mmo I feel like I'm playing a 1 player game. Maybe cause I'm on ps3? Idk I'm 800 ego and play often figured I'd have made some In game friends like other mmo.