PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me?

GoldenSky
04-22-2013, 07:48 AM
I salvage and sell from my inventory. Then when looking at the specials at venders it's the same stuff I got rid of. Same with lock boxes, same stuff I got rid of. How many FRC SAWS etc. do I need anyway, just give me some different stuff, please. I give up on salvaging and selling. Anyone notice this or have the same problem?

ok just my wee rant for the day :)

Reverend Blood
04-22-2013, 07:53 AM
It's because, while there are millions of statistical possibilities for the weapons, they all follow the same naming structure, which is (usually) "manufacturer-weapon type" instead of unique names or randomly generated adjective names for each drop.
so while you may have 3 FRC Saws, or VBI assault rifles, one may be a white rarity with no mod slots, while another is green, deals fire damage, and can accept a barrel mod.

wilks
04-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I notice this too. Sometimes there is a good deal on the specials. I got a metalic dogdge challenger for 500 on special. But as for the guns, its all the same. And if the keys didn't max out so fast i would just be stockpiling them untill they update the loot tables.

RoG Goat
04-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah it's just you. :3

AddictedNoob
04-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I stopped breaking down my pickups when I realized I just get the same crap from the lock boxes over and over.

Bluboerd
04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm a bit frustrated by the looting and also by the vendors, too. I go for assault rifles and to be honest: The assault rifle I started with is hardly worse then the one I use right now. I hardly find there is any difference between the drops. You find the exact same guns over and over again while others I did not see at all. I just know their names from the wiki.
Also, the different grades of rarity make little difference. And why should I care whether a gun I find and like has one mod slot, four or none, if I carry 100,000+ srap from breaking up all the stuff.
What also puts me off is that there seems to be an imbalance between the drop rates of different kinds of weapons: As there are three kinds of shot guns, they drop three times more often than say pistols.