PDA

View Full Version : A defiance book?.

LittleMissMiley
04-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I wonder with this being a game and a TV Show will they bring out some books based in the universe of defiance?. I do like to read and so far from what I've seen of the game and the TV Show, a very interesting book could be written.

To be honest I would love this, a great Sci-fi novel. Something to kick back and read when I'm just not in the mood to game.

What do you all think?, would you like a book set in the Defiance universe to read?. :)

HSA SYSTEM
04-22-2013, 07:56 AM
/Not Signed, books are pure evil, they are terrible pages of words

LittleMissMiley
04-22-2013, 07:58 AM

Books are evil?, Books are amazing. Well if they have a good story that is. lol

Kierke
04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I wonder with this being a game and a TV Show will they bring out some books based in the universe of defiance?. I do like to read and so far from what I've seen of the game and the TV Show, a very interesting book could be written.

To be honest I would love this, a great Sci-fi novel. Something to kick back and read when I'm just not in the mood to game.

What do you all think?, would you like a book set in the Defiance universe to read?. :)

^ I like this idea!

Malachi
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I would LOVE to read some Defiance books. No graphic novels though, I can't stand those. Give me a real damn book because my reading level is above 4th grade...

Yun
04-22-2013, 08:05 AM
They do have one digitally though. It's available on the ibook, ipad, so mostly the apple products nothing about a physical version or even a version that would be on kindles, etc... and it's free.

Saboteur 6
04-22-2013, 08:05 AM
^ I like this idea!

Definitely would check out a book series. Maybe a prequel set around the Pale Wars or something?

LittleMissMiley
04-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Definitely would check out a book series. Maybe a prequel set around the Pale Wars or something?

Yeah that would be great, I would really like to know more about when the Votans first came to earth.

LtRobbiesan
04-22-2013, 08:26 AM
That would be awesome. Would definitely read. There is soooo much backstory that could be filled. Aside from the obvious (Votan arrival, Pale Wars, cataclysmic ark ships event, terraforming), how about what happened to make the Votans abandon their homeworld? Also, the years for Nolan and other main characters from the days of the arrival. The Battle of Defiance!! Yeah, a lot...

hardy83
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
If NBC really wants this IP to prosper, they would be smart to go to other mediums to flesh out the world. Such as books/graphic novels/comics.

Maybe even toys, or board games, or even other types of video games.

Depends how popular the show gets, or how popular NBC wants the show to be.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
I was actually thinking about making a post about this! I would love to see(and read)a Defiance book. I was also thinking a book about the Pale Wars would be great. Maybe show how Nolan, Cooper and Torc and the rest of the Defiant Few first met. I would also like to see a comic book perhaps. Maybe not from DC or Marvel, maybe IDW or Dark Horse could do Defiance justice? I'm a massive fan of the Halo series and I've read nearly all of the books in the series as well. So if Trion and Syfy worked out a publishing deal with a company, I'd definitely pick it up!

wonderhawk
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Would totally like it. Great universe and story, book could definitely make it richer. So long as they stayed away from what wow did with their books and go the way Star wars does with their books. (i.e. lore, timeline, etc.)

Flagwaver
04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
For those interested in books, I am currently writing a novel proposal for Defiance. Just wish me luck that the Powers That Be give me the go-ahead and you might be seeing it coming out in six or so months.

Also, if any Devs have a suggestion on whom exactly I should send it to, please drop me a PM. Right now, I am only seeing Syfy, but they are notorious for not even opening proposals and simply returning them to sender.

LittleMissMiley
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
For those interested in books, I am currently writing a novel proposal for Defiance. Just wish me luck that the Powers That Be give me the go-ahead and you might be seeing it coming out in six or so months.

Also, if any Devs have a suggestion on whom exactly I should send it to, please drop me a PM. Right now, I am only seeing Syfy, but they are notorious for not even opening proposals and simply returning them to sender.

I wish you luck x

Cynical Jester
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
I would LOVE to read some Defiance books. No graphic novels though, I can't stand those. Give me a real damn book because my reading level is above 4th grade...

Why so aggressive.. You could of just said I would love a book... I personally like both books and graphic novels...

I think you miss the point in a graphic novel anyway... It's for the amazing art that generally comes with them.

at any rate.. @OP: I think that is an excellent idea and the thought crossed my mind more than once just to get deeper into the lore of it all.

Booshy
04-22-2013, 01:12 PM

They did but it's for the ipad only lol. I'm not joking.

Smitch
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM
They did but it's for the ipad only lol. I'm not joking.

That is more a Defiance Companion Guide book than an actual story set in the Defiance universe. I believe that it has been mentioned a number of times that being Transmedia, they are looking at more than just game/show.

Once again, details are coming..."ronyume". (Thats soon btw)

PoLeo
04-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Would be nice, depending on the author.

Nightlistic
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Would to read a book series on the world of Defiance.

Myst
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Ah glad to see I'm not the only one who would like a book. Perhaps if they don't talk about the pale wars I'd love to read about that. Also about the lives before the other civilizations came to Defiance.

Insanityplea
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
They could compile a large amount of short stories based around whats already been revealed (about the past).

Votans and leaving their home worlds, arrival on earth, pale wars, Fort Defiance, Defiant Few, Nolan and Irisa meet, some adventures before the show/game, Back story on alien races/armies. So many things out there already if they dont want to reveal them in the show/game. Hell I wouldnt mind playing some of these events out in the game too.

Tigercml
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM

People who think books are evil are people who can't read.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Seems like someone's already offered to write a Defiance novel. I'll just go back to rolling around in photoshop.

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Why so aggressive.. You could of just said I would love a book... I personally like both books and graphic novels...

I think you miss the point in a graphic novel anyway... It's for the amazing art that generally comes with them.

at any rate.. @OP: I think that is an excellent idea and the thought crossed my mind more than once just to get deeper into the lore of it all.
LoL. heck it couldnt be worse than 50 shades of Grey...ugg, worthless - but I'ld devour any an all book styles..comics/graphic magazine was how I learned to read (ink art of Vamprella early 70s), but yes I do understand the reading level over 4th grade reference is a bit ruff, but its whatever will get ppl to read is what is needed, not how its put out. but anywho OP, great post an to the one who is putting in for the writ, good luck an hell yah my friend. if you need a proof readerl....lol <(")> :)

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Seems like someone's already offered to write a Defiance novel. I'll just go back to rolling around in photoshop.

put in for it anyway, there is always different styles an views.

Brodaki
04-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Awesome idea, would love to see them do some back story on the arrival and then leading into the pale wars.

LittleMissMiley
04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Awesome idea, would love to see them do some back story on the arrival and then leading into the pale wars.

Yeah that's what I'd love to see aswell, would give us something to chill out and read but a story that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat.

Drakeos99
04-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Book is on Itunes right now :)

LittleMissMiley
04-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Book is on Itunes right now :)

From what I have been told that is more of a guide rather than and actual book. I'll have to look into it.

Firesprite
04-24-2013, 08:06 AM
If Trion/Syfy wants to do some tie-in novels, they're welcome to contact me. I'm a published author (with 3 novels under my belt) and I would love to play in their sandbox for a while. :D

TriDawg
04-24-2013, 10:02 AM

Agreed...

Now a MOVIE that's a prequel to the show and all the backstory!! That would be awesome!

Books aren't a bad thing, but I feel like I'm wasting my life away when reading a book, they are so singular in teh sense that I can't read a book and play on the computer or cook or do other things...I can watch a movie and cook or use the computer and accomplish twice as much in 1/2 the time. A 1200 page novel may take me 12 hours to read, but can be made into a very engrossing 6 hour movie trilogy that I can watch while accomplishing other tasks!! Then I have another 6 hours to do other things. I'm a wee bit ADD, hate to not multitask. :D

Firesprite
04-24-2013, 10:04 AM
One word: Audiobooks.

jonwes
04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
I'd be up for some books. I'll write one! :D

cody0901
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
i love the show and the game and i love to read so i love to read a defiance book

Nefarious
09-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I would read books based in the Defiance Universe. Always liked the Warhammer 40k novels. I wouldn't get into Comics though.

And as far as movies go. I love Defiance but the only movies they are going to get if any is Syfy network Original Movies. Just like Battle Star. Which Im all for as well. Its not even the 2nd season yet, wont be for awhile.

TigrisMorte
09-20-2013, 04:08 PM

print is dead.

Shadow Andreas
09-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I would read books based in the Defiance Universe. Always liked the Warhammer 40k novels. I wouldn't get into Comics though.

And as far as movies go. I love Defiance but the only movies they are going to get if any is Syfy network Original Movies. Just like Battle Star. Which Im all for as well. Its not even the 2nd season yet, wont be for awhile.

They did a great job with Babylon 5 books that gave more lore and filled gaps. I really enjoyed them.

I would definitely read Defiance books!

jamielarz
09-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Totally dig this.....I really wish that they would write some novels...Have novels based upon events in the TV series they talk about...ie the Pale Wars and more of the fight of Defiance and when the aliens landed, before the assassination of the Votanis rep in the UN and so forth...there are so many ways they can do this...

Thod
09-20-2013, 08:35 PM
NBC has nothing to do with this...... its Comcast/universal

Blackthunder
03-16-2014, 11:15 AM
This would be amazing! This needs to happen! This amazing world needs to have books.

Bonehead
03-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Gotta love that dead thread smell.