PDA

View Full Version : Game Sales Week Ending April 13

Old97
04-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Defiance for Xbox = 240K

Defiance for PS3 = 88K

Defiance for PC = ??

It appears tha Defiance is still predominately an Xbox game so far.

Sorry, but I couldn't come up with the PC figures. I'll keep looking.

This game is really an experiment for the Xbox, so time will tell how it works out.

The sales figures indicate that Trion and it's distributing company will make a profit from the game.

How long will Trion support the game is another question.

Justin CarMichael
04-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Defiance for Xbox = 240K

Defiance for PS3 = 88K

Defiance for PC = ??

It appears tha Defiance is still predominately an Xbox game so far.

Sorry, but I couldn't come up with the PC figures. I'll keep looking.

This game is really an experiment for the Xbox, so time will tell how it works out.

The sales figures indicate that Trion and it's distributing company will make a profit from the game.

How long will Trion support the game is another question.

How do you figure Trion will make a profit? They are into this thing for 100 Million. That's going to take better sales then what you listed to overcome. Even more so when you consider that Trion might get $10-15 per $60 copy sold.. MIGHT.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
No 100 Million is the combined cost of the Game, the Show and the Promotions for both.

Justin CarMichael
04-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I thought Trion covered the cost of the TV show which is why SyFy was ok with producing it.

Maybe not...

Break Down.

TV Series 40 Million.
Game 50 Million
Promos 15 Million.

Shinji Ex
04-22-2013, 08:21 AM
PS3 sales charts for Defiance does not including PSN sales though...

PC Global VG Chartz - 53,551

Ziiv
04-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Seems like 240K on the 360 for a new IP is pretty good. Only Trion knows what they need/expect in sales. All I know is I love the game and there are always people playing.

HSA SYSTEM
04-22-2013, 08:25 AM
No 100 Million is the combined cost of the Game, the Show and the Promotions for both.

Derp, Trion is not paying for the show or advertisement, as I play Defiance, it doesn't seem like much money was projected into the game in the first place, graphics are outdated, and the most money they probally paid was for the 10,000 max servers, they have 6 servers for NA and 6 for EU my estimates, plus this week alone they have made around 20k of sales in Defiance store. Trion is making more then a great profit.

Solpel
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I also doubt those PC sales include any digital sales(which will have far more)

Shinji Ex
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I also doubt those PC sales include any digital sales(which will have far more)

I guess Defiance is a steam best seller already :)

Old97
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Selling the game initially isn't the problem for Trion.

The real issue will be sustaining the game online over time, especially if the TV show doesn't click for another season.

hardy83
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm going to guess that PC sales are similar or slightly higher than 360 sales.

So I'm going to roughly guess that Defiance sold around 600k copies, in which I'm sure it'll easily go up to 800k by the end of may.

Under the assumption that everyone paid 60 for the game, and given how retail copies are not 100% profit for Trion, they most likely will break even, given that I'm sure at least 25% of that got at the CE edition (which was pure profit), while a few got the $150 console version.

And even if a quarter of those people bought a season pass, this game is in no danger of going away any time soon.

The bigger questions are where the game will be a year from now. How will it handle new content after the season pass stuff is done? Will there be an xpac to buy? or a new season pass?

Will these games be ported to PS4 and the next Xbox? If so, will they cost full price, or will people who own the previous systems copy be able to just pay a small "upgrade" fee to get it on their new systems?
Will the graphics be updated if this happens? As that costs money to do obviously.

Then there's also questions about the game being tied to the show, and if the show gets cancelled (it will eventually, just a matter of when. 2 years? 8 years?) and how they'll handle that when it does happen.

3rdpig
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
plus this week alone they have made around 20k of sales in Defiance store. Trion is making more then a great profit.

Where are you pulling this number from?

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM

From the Bioman Deactivation Switch.

HSA SYSTEM
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM

Idk some random kotaku post, just skimmed through it, it wasn't that interesting