PDA

View Full Version : Select Vehicle for Time Trials?

Jaince
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
How do I select which vehicle to use for the time trials?

I got quite a few vehicles now, but each time I attempt one of those time trials it uses that slow *** red Quad I got from filling out the 120 Ark Codes.

None of my loadouts has that one selected, but I can't seem to change it anywhere.

Since that thing isn't very fast even getting Silver medal is nearly impossible, Gold is completely out of reach, and the times that the Top 3 have are simply impossible for me.
That has resulted in me pretty much giving up on the trials for the last 2 weeks or so now, but now I wanna give it a new try, but like this it's hardly possible.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
You have to use the vehicle provided, and you can get gold with it. I finally completed all of them last night with it in fact. Yes, it is a PITA to do.

Its actually not that terrible a vehicle. Its an 800 which is as fast as any of that model I've seen. But your actual Runner skill will be a much bigger faster.

EdgeTW
04-22-2013, 08:47 AM
You have to use the vehicle provided, and you can get gold with it. I finally completed all of them last night with it in fact. Yes, it is a PITA to do.

Its actually not that terrible a vehicle. Its an 800 which is as fast as any of that model I've seen. But your actual Runner skill will be a much bigger faster.

The arkfall code runner (which is an 800 with no assigned color) is actually slower than the other 800s that have an assigned color. I was kind of disappointed with that as it makes it pointless to use.

People have been saying that runner skill is not applied during these trials (I don't know if that's accurate).

Mr_Wickwire
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
As in hotshots, rampages, etc... your perks and acquired skills do apply during these events.

I finally finished gold level in all of the time trials at runner skill level 18. This was with the three second lag add on to my time at the end of each race.

Rikishi
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
I apologize if this is obvious, but make sure you are using boost (left shift on PC, check controls on consoles). You can see the amount of boost left in the bottom left corner, a horizontal meter next to your vehicle icon and its HP. Your boost is refreshed in time or when you pass through checkpoints that have a spinning circle in the middle. All time trials have to be done the red quad, but do not fret, for everything is doable.

Jaince
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks, I was hoping for a different answer but I guess that does work

I just don't see how I can possibly get those times. I do use boost, I barely make mistakes on those routes which may account for a few seconds of course, but on some of them I can just barely beat the Bronze time and not even get anywhere near silver.

Do I really need a Roller skill of 15+ or something to get a chance on thiose things?

EdgeTW
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Do I really need a Roller skill of 15+ or something to get a chance on thiose things?

As in hotshots, rampages, etc... your perks and acquired skills do apply during these events.

/10 chr.....

EdgeTW
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
By the way, Mr Wickwire.. that sig is just wrong. LoL.

Shismar
04-22-2013, 10:03 AM
No roller skill required. It would be runners any way for the quad. Just practice them. I had some trouble as well getting silver but after a number of retries I got all I needed.

Some people have more success using an XBox controller in case you are on the PC.

Anim
04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I was hoping for a different answer but I guess that does work

I just don't see how I can possibly get those times. I do use boost, I barely make mistakes on those routes which may account for a few seconds of course, but on some of them I can just barely beat the Bronze time and not even get anywhere near silver.

No, I cleared the time trials in SanFran with 3+ seconds clear of gold with lvl 9 in the runners skill. Could just be down to practice.