PDA

View Full Version : Increased the number of active random encounters in the world?

wonderhawk
04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
I mean holy crikies batmanhunter. I thought there were too much as it is. If anything maybe need to increase the despawn timer as not many do random encounters any longer since they don't drop keycodes any longer... /shrug I know I typically drive through them, and I have seen most others do the same. Not sure more is better in this case, but you all are the experts and have the right metrics. So, thank you?

Side note: Would be happy if someone would help me with my bugged main mission though, do have an open ticket and a forum post on the bug forum...in summary, completed jackleg before server crash Saturday, when came back up with the rollback, jackleg is a main mission again, but so was the one afterwards, old friends old swords or somesuch. Tried to complete jackleg again (like 5 times actullly - jack is easy when you do it so many times) and the Ulterior motives wont complete cause varus wont show up under the tree after you save the miners. But I can continue the main mission, I am in san fran now as a matter of fact. but would like to complete the jackleg mission one day...

Oh and yes, when I complete the main mission quest I am on, when it shows what quests are available..I have 2 main mission options..the jackleg line as I cant complete it, and the main mission afterwards (mentioned I am in san fran)

Edit: making it less of a wall with more paragraphs..

odielag
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
I could not read that wall of text.

I personally welcome more encounters because I think they are the most fun I have in game and I like the rewards.

BluePsion
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Question, these "random encounters" are like when you see a raider truck and they begin to pop out and attack you?

If so, then it seems to be rather rewarding then to actually attack them? They usually attack me en route to an Arkfall or when I'm on the questline. :P

Dexter
04-22-2013, 09:16 AM
You say you like the rewards? You get like 100 scrip from doing them. It's totally pointless!

BluePsion
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
You say you like the rewards? You get like 100 scrip from doing them. It's totally pointless!

That's a decent amount! Plus it's engaging while waiting on another Arkfall. :)

jnt
04-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Question, these "random encounters" are like when you see a raider truck and they begin to pop out and attack you?

If so, then it seems to be rather rewarding then to actually attack them? They usually attack me en route to an Arkfall or when I'm on the questline. :P

I just run down the ones silly enough to shoot at me then continue to my destination. I mostly fast travel to check vendors though, do very little driving anymore.

BluePsion
04-22-2013, 09:19 AM
I just run down the ones silly enough to shoot at me then continue to my destination. I mostly fast travel to check vendors though, do very little driving anymore.

Lol really? I don't boost anymore. I just like driving in the world. It's freaking amazing looking.

MrE78
04-22-2013, 09:19 AM
I have a sweeping area that has frequent emergencies already so if they spawn faster awesome for me. I use them now for weapon xp and general XP. Yes there is a few areas that you can exploit and have insta-mobs but it kind of ruins the game for me so I like doing my circuit.

No I will not inform you where you can go to have insta-mobs over and over so please do not PM.

BluePsion
04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a sweeping area that has frequent emergencies already so if they spawn faster awesome for me. I use them now for weapon xp and general XP. Yes there is a few areas that you can exploit and have insta-mobs but it kind of ruins the game for me so I like doing my circuit.

No I will not inform you where you can go to have insta-mobs over and over so please do not PM.

I've noticed two myself...kinda sucked when I realized them but...eh.

krayzgates
04-22-2013, 09:22 AM
i used to actually stop and do these when they dropped keycodes...i enjoyed them...now i drive by them...run over atleast 1 enemy...and go on my way to what i was doing...i still get the scrip for it as im driving and someone takes the rest out,,,heh...try it and u will see what i mean

krayzgates
04-22-2013, 09:25 AM
the best one is in Marin...where the roads are filled with 4 turrets..its a quest to activate them...but they are always engagement when u drive therough the massive roadblock...at the forth turret...there are hellbugs, a hulker, and the ppl from the roadblock(the bandits)...and they are having a huge battle....rofl...all the time it seems...easy way to lvl up ur weapons....the most fun i had in the game so far,,,,rofl...there were atleast 15 other ppl there going at it also

Lamerian
04-22-2013, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some of the unoccupied terrain filled with a few campsites of raiders for cross-country trekking and sniping. I would also like to see some caves or buildings added which lead to different cells (load screen access). The buildings are there, just have to add a trigger to the door to enter the new cell. Not complaining, just suggesting. Great game, very entertaining and challenging.

Daergar
04-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Actually, most of the events have a superb xp/time spent ratio. Check it next time you kill a few hellbugs in 30 seconds.

And yes, it was more gratifying to get keycodes for them, but from a design perspective it should never have passed beta in the first place. Not as it was without any kind of restriction; always leads to abuse, as it did, and was canned completely for it.

jvp
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I used to stop for most of these activities when they gave codes, but I just drive around them now, lol.

Dexter
04-22-2013, 10:43 AM
That's a decent amount! Plus it's engaging while waiting on another Arkfall. :)

You must be trolling, who farms scrip in this game? It's useless...

Facade
04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
I will say I will be kinda sad when I no longer get credit for driving by an emergency, although I guess running someone over as I go by will count as a contribution. And same with driving by an arkfall

Natjur
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Each event drops 3-4 white items and one green or blue for me

So that's the same as 1.5 keycodes (once you break them down) so its worth it for me to stop

Blak
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some of the unoccupied terrain filled with a few campsites of raiders for cross-country trekking and sniping. I would also like to see some caves or buildings added which lead to different cells (load screen access). The buildings are there, just have to add a trigger to the door to enter the new cell. Not complaining, just suggesting. Great game, very entertaining and challenging.

So what you are really saying is that you are upset ( Like myself ) that The Trans America Building was not used as a 16 man raid dungeon. I agree!

Spencley
04-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh look... More random event that i can completely ignore as they offer very little rewards and are pretty damn pointless...