PDA

View Full Version : Why was this even fixed?

Kiol
04-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Seriously, why was "- Increased the number of active random encounters in the world" even considered needing increase, not like anyone does them other then to complete contracts. Now that keycode have been removed they pretty much pointless and case and fact how pointless they are nobody does them.

So why did a developer even waste time with this instead of fixing real issues

chaosorb
04-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Seriously, why was "- Increased the number of active random encounters in the world" even considered needing increase, not like anyone does them other then to complete contracts. Now that keycode have been removed they pretty much pointless and case and fact how pointless they are nobody does them.

LOL! Are you serious?? We ARE talking about Trion afterall ROFL!!

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
People were actually able to finish Time Trials due to race courses not being completely blocked by encounters. This needed to be fixed.

Nmalthus
04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I do them because they are there.

SavageWolf
04-22-2013, 08:54 AM
- Fixed incorrect winner/loser rewards for capture and hold matches

Now that i don't get. capture and hold isn't even playable yet....

Silverbluetree
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I do them cause the wife wants to :(

Bilbo
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
"not like anyone does them other then to complete contracts"

Because wandering around an area for two hours praying for more hellbugs to spawn is a little ridiculous.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
I do them cause the wife wants to :(

Admit it. She just makes you stop at them to ask for directions.

Silverbluetree
04-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Admit it. She just makes you stop at them to ask for directions.
+1 - shh :D

Wakesetter
They already were abundant, I also don't understandd why there needed to be an increase.

FourEyes
Source of experience, scrip and contract missions. If key codes are your only goal then maybe you should code a game where all you do is loot stuff then turn it into salvage, then buy codes. Repeat, endlessly, until heat death ensues.

RealCrazyeye
04-22-2013, 08:58 AM

I still participate in them. I kill a couple of the bad guys as a drive over them getting to an objective that is worth my time.

jnt
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
- Fixed incorrect winner/loser rewards for capture and hold matches

Now that i don't get. capture and hold isn't even playable yet....

Obviously someone is playing it hah. Private alpha member pvp map. I should really go check my alpha account.

Nightlistic
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
People were actually able to finish Time Trials due to race courses not being completely blocked by encounters. This needed to be fixed.

Couldn't agree more. Over the weekend took me a couple hours to get silver in one cause of some random event spawned right in the track and completely blocked one marker.

Wynce
04-22-2013, 09:03 AM
I do them. They're fun, and a good way to get kills for your weapon types without it feeling like an endless grind.

Also, I think for the capture and hold they mean Shadow Wars. It was the one affected that's in game.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Couldn't agree more. Over the weekend took me a couple hours to get silver in one cause of some random event spawned right in the track and completely blocked one marker.

Yeah I got stuck on the very last race I needed yesterday because the damn Pilgrim encounter in SF kept spawning in the middle of the track with a full herd of trucks. Thing kept respawning every 3 minutes.

Of course when actually looking for Pilgrims for the pursuit, they were nowhere to be found. :p

Fun Gus
04-22-2013, 09:15 AM
@ the OP ...it was fixed because who doesnt like 3 overlapping emergencies that by the time you finish another has dropped ontop of you ...and when that is done if you dont run fast enough you get another? they are testing to see how hast you can run away befor getting sucked into another encounter. FOR SCIENCE!

Skeptic
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah I got stuck on the very last race I needed yesterday because the damn Pilgrim encounter in SF kept spawning in the middle of the track with a full herd of trucks. Thing kept respawning every 3 minutes.

Of course when actually looking for Pilgrims for the pursuit, they were nowhere to be found. :p
This +1...

iUnR3aLz
04-22-2013, 10:39 AM
This is a prime example of how Sledgehammer swears up and down that they really listen to the community
and do their best to make it the game we want it to be.

WHO IN THEiR RIGHT MIND WOULD ASK FOR MORE EMERGENCIES??