PDA

View Full Version : Gun not leveling up?

sub
04-22-2013, 08:54 AM
My assault rifle stopped leveling up and stopped at 6. When you enter menu and open window with all your gun levels for all guns it has been 6 like for 4 days now. Other guns show small gray box next to white bar showing next stage of leveling. Anybody got a clue why?

Shismar
04-22-2013, 08:57 AM
My assault rifle stopped leveling up and stopped at 6. When you enter menu and open window with all your gun levels for all guns it has been 6 like for 4 days now. Other guns show small gray box next to white bar showing next stage of leveling. Anybody got a clue why?
Use the Search, Luke!

steelholst
04-22-2013, 08:59 AM

once the xp is maxed out on the WEAPON (not skill) then you have to get a new WEAPON in order to continue adding xp to your SKILL

sub
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Sorry what? Search Where? Forgive me for understanding but that's a bit vague, I'm new to this!

sub
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't really get what you mean. Are you talking about the bar under the weapon that looks something like 0/800900?

StarBat
04-22-2013, 09:03 AM
That's the one. When that bar is full, it's time to change your gun, or you can't level your weapon skill any more.

steelholst
04-22-2013, 09:06 AM
That's the one. When that bar is full, it's time to change your gun, or you can't level your weapon skill any more.

what he said...cause im too lazy to xplain it again :P

Griffon
04-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Ah! I was wondering about this too. I thought it was a glitch.

sub
04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Really? I got it thanks for explaining but That kinda sucks cause I really like that gun, LOL.

Kommissar Kaede
04-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Really? I got it thanks for explaining but That kinda sucks cause I really like that gun, LOL.

If you like it, by all means hold onto it. Once the weapon skill is at 20, try it out again and see if ya still like it.

This is what inventory space is for.

Ginetti
04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Keep your favourite maxed gun for arkfalls (no weapon xp gained at those) or major boss fights where time is critical, or for PVP!

That's what loadouts are for.

For example, I have loadout number 1 as my weapon xp lvling set up, loadout 2 as my trusty uber gun setup for boss fights and arkfalls, and loadout 3 for pvp.

Also, every weapon when you level it gains an additional boost, even if it already had boosts and/or synergies. If you don't know what synergies are yet, just wait. they'll start popping up at a later EGO level. Fairly cool.

Archangel
04-22-2013, 09:16 AM
If you like it, by all means hold onto it. Once the weapon skill is at 20, try it out again and see if ya still like it.

This is what inventory space is for.

This is good advice.

But just because you like this gun at this ego level wont mean you wont find another one just like it or better later on.

A lot of the guns you find sub ego 100 will be similar to most guns you find sub ego 500. But the higher your ego the better the guns you find and you might like a particular type of gun so when you find a newer one, make that one your new favorite.

This way you can continue leveling your skills while keeping the type of gun you like.

The end goal for weapons in Defiance is to reach the level 20 weapon skill cap, then start to find guns that have synergies on them.

Once you max these synergy weapons and find mods for them i can promise you that you'll like these weapons much better than your lower level blue or purple weapon you have been using.