PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Level Not Increasing... Bug?

Chris EK9
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I've been using Combat Shotguns recently to level them up and felt like it was taking ages and decided to switch to Pump Shotguns for a while and got up 1 Level in about 10mins.

I went back to my Combat Shotgun and kept chekcing my Weapon Level after each battle/mob I encountered and found it hadn't increased at all even though my Weapon had gained a few K experience.

Neither of the Combat Shotguns I used were Max'd and both were gaining XP but my actual Weapon Level XP Bar hasn't moved in what must be a few days now. I was just thinking it was harder gaining XP using Shotguns at first but after the 10mins it took me to gain a Level with Pump Shotguns I know the game is bugged, in my case at least.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'll submit a Ticket thing shortly.

Shismar
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I've been using Combat Shotguns recently to level them up and felt like it was taking ages and decided to switch to Pump Shotguns for a while and got up 1 Level in about 10mins.

I went back to my Combat Shotgun and kept chekcing my Weapon Level after each battle/mob I encountered and found it hadn't increased at all even though my Weapon had gained a few K experience.

Neither of the Combat Shotguns I used were Max'd and both were gaining XP but my actual Weapon Level XP Bar hasn't moved in what must be a few days now. I was just thinking it was harder gaining XP using Shotguns at first but after the 10mins it took me to gain a Level with Pump Shotguns I know the game is bugged, in my case at least.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'll submit a Ticket thing shortly.
Arkfalls? I don't think mobs in arkfalls give exp and so your weapon isn't gaining any.

Fiancee
04-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Ive had this problem, Im so pissed it started to work but when I unlocked my last loadout-slot its broken again. What I can say dont wear two same type of weapon.

Chris EK9
04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Arkfalls? I don't think mobs in arkfalls give exp and so your weapon isn't gaining any.

Nope. I haven't done one in a while. I was fighting a bunch of Raiders in a friends Story Missions and still no increase.

dalendria
04-22-2013, 10:53 AM
I had a similar problem last week. Put in a ticket but I thought it was for Pump Shotguns. I kept checking to make sure the weapon was not maxed. I then exclusively used it in open world and co-op. However, the weapon class never moved. In fact, at one point, I saw it move down a bit. A few days after my ticket, I noticed the weapon class leveling again.

Now I am using Combat Shotguns. I will monitor it more closely for a few days to see if its having the same issue.

HellOnOrion
04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
try closing your game completely and reopening it, sometimes you have to do that to get the game to register some stats.

Dont get discouraged, just remember the game just launched and the devs continually try to address issues. Its a massive game with alot of coding, so be patient.

Chris EK9
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM
try closing your game completely and reopening it, sometimes you have to do that to get the game to register some stats.

Dont get discouraged, just remember the game just launched and the devs continually try to address issues. Its a massive game with alot of coding, so be patient.

I'm not discouraged at all. I love the game so far. I'll just use another gun till it's fixed. I completely understand there's plenty of things to be fixed in the game and it doesn't bother me... yet.

Chris EK9
04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
**UPDATE**

I've reached the exact same level (4) with Pump Shotguns and they have now stopped gaining Exp at the exact same point, around 20% of the way towards Level 5.

I'm now going back to Combat Shotguns to see if there is some sort of Cap.. I'll let everyone know.