PDA

View Full Version : Free/attacks/killing

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:14 PM
just wondering if anyone else would like to see some orbital strike attack and if so help me get as many people as possible so we can maybe make this happening

Paladin
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Nope, get your dust 514 fanboyism out of here.
It would make a good power weapon though..but wouldn't make sense since entire atmosphere is covered in debris.

Mur
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
It would make a good power weapon though..but wouldn't make sense since entire atmosphere is covered in debris.

Drones would be cool for anonymous strikes and surveillance, especially with a great UI for piloting.

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 06:18 PM
it would be a great idea (seriously would) problem is how would it fit into this open world game?

ignoring the whole lore of how space is nothing but full of dead alien ships called arks, another reason why the aliens are on this planet rather then moving on after calling the war a draw.

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:21 PM
well with them orbiting earth any way they could strike straight through anything in its way and maybe arrange of strikes as well i also like the idea of drones

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
well with them orbiting earth any way they could strike straight through anything in its way and maybe arrange of strikes as well i also like the idea of drones

there is nothing orbiting earth but wreckage. just dead useless ships. thats the whole plot of defiance.

iiReLaX o
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM

I play on Xbox only, but 514 looks like it's just garbage. Maybe it had something to do with the video, etc.

But who is going to be sending/launching the orbital strike?

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
since they are going to have some alien tech they could just use AIs on the ships or just by hacking there computer through a signal or something

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
since they are going to have some alien tech they could just use AIs on the ships or just by hacking there computer through a signal or something

im not sure you understand. they are completly, dead alien wreckages. thats why all the votans live on earth. and why the arks are crashing to earth. and why there loot is so valuable. because they are completly dead.

Mur
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
im not sure you understand. they are completly, dead alien wreckages. thats why all the votans live on earth. and why the arks are crashing to earth. and why there loot is so valuable. because they are completly dead.

But what if they could be brought back to life and orbital strike peoplez!?!

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 06:33 PM
But what if they could be brought back to life and orbital strike peoplez!?!

space magic?

Mur
03-19-2013, 06:36 PM
space magic?

space magix!!!

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
just making possibilities you cant tell me it wouldnt be a good idea to have something like that for when your up against some massive monster or just when your feeling mean and target one person, even if it was a drone you throw into the air when entering battle to shoot down on the enemy from above

Dead_Phoenix
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
just making possibilities you cant tell me it wouldnt be a good idea to have something like that for when your up against some massive monster or just when your feeling mean and target one person, even if it was a drone you throw into the air when entering battle to shoot down on the enemy from above

dont get me wrong, i would love the idea of a huge freaking lazor from space. just dont think it would fit in the game

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:46 PM
we dont no yet and the series has not been released, you never no they could find some way to get it in the story, i mean there will be someone that wants to get up there to fiddle around with the ships who wouldn't, we have no idea what sort intel they havent told the human race about, it could be firing a pistol with the power of an anti-aircraft round lol anything is possible

Angeleus09
03-19-2013, 06:49 PM
it would be a great idea (seriously would) problem is how would it fit into this open world game?

ignoring the whole lore of how space is nothing but full of dead alien ships called arks, another reason why the aliens are on this planet rather then moving on after calling the war a draw.

I'm really hoping for some DLC in which you can participate in an orbital salvage operation. I think it would be awesome to have a quest line that takes place in the wreckage in a zero-G atmosphere, perhaps throw a zero-G instance and PvP arena in there too. I also think it would be awesome for another faction to be discovered living covertly throughout the wreckage, converting pieces into a satellite monitoring station and weapons network for their own political gain on the planet. Or something.

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
thats the sort of thinking i like there is nothing that stops there being anything like that until they start and we find out

iiReLaX o
03-19-2013, 07:01 PM
thats the sort of thinking i like there is nothing that stops there being anything like that until they start and we find out

Except for adding something like would take the background info of Defiance in a completely different way. They've already set a story for the game and show. Space is pointless.

MaTTyMAC7
03-19-2013, 07:47 PM
your all thinking to short, open your mind for different paths nothing is set in stone everything changes even if it is just the smallest thing look at your day tomorrow i bet it doesnt go exactly the way you think it will

Rarodil
03-19-2013, 08:01 PM
No I would not like to see an orbital strike feature. It's one of the many things found in other games that I would be glad to not have included (like holiday events typically found in MMOs these days or flying vehicles/mounts). As others have stated, it doesn't feel correct for the world.