PDA

View Full Version : Calm Down.. They're Bringing Back Episode Missions..

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
http://oi33.tinypic.com/2506lbn.jpg
http://oi34.tinypic.com/21jn57l.jpg
http://oi36.tinypic.com/291cb9j.jpg
http://oi33.tinypic.com/2ld8ykw.jpg

Hope that made it clear enough.. Now stop whining.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
But will they be bringing back mission episodes?

Grimno
04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
But will they be bringing back mission missions?

Duskky
http://oi35.tinypic.com/54vyah.jpg

"Yes, we have details around this coming soon."

"Yes,"

"Yes,"

"YES,"

Any word on a Votan burrito?

GlavinChris
You know what I hate about this game? That they get rid of episode missions!

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Oh, how I love the people on these forums.. /sarcasm.

Just trying to help clear the air for those who continue to complain.
Try and keep the pointless and unhelpful comments to yourself.

Darkane
04-22-2013, 11:51 AM

Who stole the jam out of your donut today? :D

Fun Gus
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Any word on a Votan burrito?

yes ...it seems they prefer chicken to the clasic beef and bean

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Who stole the jam out of your donut today? :D

My manager. I hate my job. Lol. Sorry if I seem hostile.

Viryu
04-22-2013, 11:55 AM
"After the season is over," sigh.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Sadly, yes..

But then again, it wouldn't make much sense for the main characters to be in two places at once..

At least we'll have a second chance to complete them though.

MacDeath
04-22-2013, 12:07 PM
That's because of how the question was worded. Ask a different question if you want a different answer.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
That's because of how the question was worded. Ask a different question if you want a different answer.

The chances of them bringing it back during the season is extremely low just because of contradictions in the timeline, but seeing as how they were pretty vague in their reply, I could be completely wrong. No way to know for sure! Just keep an eye on the official Defiance twitter (@DEFIANCEGame) and hopefully we'll see some more details soon.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
"Reruns" after the season is over seems the most sensible way to go.

EdgeTW
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
The chances of them bringing it back during the season is extremely low just because of contradictions in the timeline, but seeing as how they were pretty vague in their reply, I could be completely wrong.

I used to force myself to accept this excuse but it just doesn't fly. It would be easy enough to introduce these past missions in other ways. For example.. you go to the menu, select the mission from a list of historical missions, select start, and your EGO implant says "Hey, remember that time when...." (load screen to mission area). Mission finishes, your EGO implant says "Snap out if, you're daydreaming again."

And that's like.. my cheesy method that I spent a whole six seconds thinking about. I'm sure they can find a solution.

AlmightyBob
04-22-2013, 12:47 PM
In a world where phasing, Netflix, iTunes, and Amazon Video exist there is no excuse not to just have them there available at anytime (until you've completed them)

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
I used to force myself to accept this excuse but it just doesn't fly. It would be easy enough to introduce these past missions in other ways. For example.. you go to the menu, select the mission from a list of historical missions, select start, and your EGO implant says "Hey, remember that time when...." (load screen to mission area). Mission finishes, your EGO implant says "Snap out if, you're daydreaming again."

And that's like.. my cheesy method that I spent a whole six seconds thinking about. I'm sure they can find a solution.

Huh.. That's actually a pretty good idea. I know that some players may not appreciate the idea simply because they want the rewards for those missions to be more of a rarity, but it's definitely an interesting concept.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
In a world where phasing, Netflix, iTunes, and Amazon Video exist there is no excuse not to just have them there available at anytime (until you've completed them)

What can I say? -we live in a world where convenience is key. Haha

CptJackRabbit
04-22-2013, 01:19 PM
I see there seems to be a lot of debate... but seriously.. what about the episode missions?

:)

CptJackRabbit
04-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Don't mean to double post.. but I really like this idea... I'd vote for it!

Ceridwyn_Vox
04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Huh.. That's actually a pretty good idea. I know that some players may not appreciate the idea simply because they want the rewards for those missions to be more of a rarity, but it's definitely an interesting concept.

Well think of it like this, when they made the main mission replayable, they changed the rewards. Why couldn't Trion do the same with the episode missions? I mean, I know people are saying the rewards are an incentive to play those missions if they are removed, but couldn't they have left the missions up there so people could still enjoy the story lines and just change the rewards? I wouldn't mind creating a new character right now and not be able to have Irisa and Nolan's outfit or the guns, but I would still like the characters to meet them and interact with them on the missions.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I see there seems to be a lot of debate... but seriously.. what about the episode missions?

:)

Check the OP. That's it. d:

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Well think of it like this, when they made the main mission replayable, they changed the rewards. Why couldn't Trion do the same with the episode missions? I mean, I know people are saying the rewards are an incentive to play those missions if they are removed, but couldn't they have left the missions up there so people could still enjoy the story lines and just change the rewards? I wouldn't mind creating a new character right now and not be able to have Irisa and Nolan's outfit or the guns, but I would still like the characters to meet them and interact with them on the missions.

Very true. I suppose if they changed up the rewards, that would keep the rare-hunters happy as well as everyone who never got a chance to start and/or finish the episodic missions.

I myself would happily jump at the chance to grab some rare items, but i've also played enough MMO's to know that if you miss your chance, you're tough out of luck. Simple as that. The only reason i'm pushing for the episode missions to be brought back is so that I can complete the pursuits. I wouldn't even mind if I didn't get any rewards from it. I'm just one of those gamers that likes to complete everything to it's fullest, and seeing the episode missions uncompleted under my pursuits are extremely taunting.

I do hope that the Defiance Devs monitor these forums more often then not. The community alone can make or break a game and it would be nice to see a bit more feedback from them, though I understand that they've got their hands full trying to get the game to function correctly in the first place. All we can do is keep pulling for them.

hardy83
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
They should bring back the episode missions and let you replay them just like the story mission BUT only after a season do Defiance and before the next.

If the show is cancelled, then let them just stay up and do them as many times as you want.

And instead of calling it replay, they should REALLY consider calling it "Rerun Episode Mission"

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
They should bring back the episode missions and let you replay them just like the story mission BUT only after a season do Defiance and before the next.

If the show is cancelled, then let them just stay up and do them as many times as you want.

And instead of calling it replay, they should REALLY consider calling it "Rerun Episode Mission"

That's what they'll most likely end up doing.

"Reruns" after the season is over seems the most sensible way to go.
^^

dave224
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
So there won't be a episode mission today for episode two? And how do I find it?

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
So there won't be a episode mission today for episode two? And how do I find it?

The episode starts tonight (monday) at 9/8c. I expect that, if the episodic mission is added, it will be either later tonight post-show, or tomorrow afternoon. Again, this is only what I expect and is in no way factual. Check out @DEFIANCEGame on twitter for news and updates regarding the game.

I stand corrected. Read this post for more info >>> (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?47525-Calm-Down..-They-re-Bringing-Back-Episode-Missions..&p=429496&viewfull=1#post429496)

Era
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Inb4 people start complaining that there is nothing on but rerun missions.

Defy
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
good to hear :)

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Inb4 people start complaining that there is nothing on but rerun missions.

Probably..

Hopefully the future DLC is enough to balance it out though.. Hopefully..

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
UPDATE ON TONIGHT'S (Monday) EPISODE MISSION:

El Horse (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?4531710-El-Horse) was kind enough to share this with us..

Nope, saw this on Twitter. Was looking forward to some new stuff too. :(

http://i.imgur.com/G02zCNz.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer then expected..

JerZey CJ
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Scratch that, just saw the post above mine. Really would have been nice if they clarified prior to the games release that there wouldn't be new EMs every week, because I'm pretty sure that's what most of us thought.

koop
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
It's good that I can do the 1 mission I missed out due to it being bugged lol

TooMuchTunaFish
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
so we just gettin caught up with this episode mission stuff on the 29th or are they going to be releasing the dlc along with it? cause i herd something about dlc release a few weeks after first major patch (the april 15th patch).

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
so we just gettin caught up with this episode mission stuff on the 29th or are they going to be releasing the dlc along with it? cause i herd something about dlc release a few weeks after first major patch (the april 15th patch).

There is no official release date for the DLC to my knowledge.
They even said on their blog that they are pushing the DLC back a bit so that they have time to work out all the bugs and technical/server issues.
Anything else you hear is purely rumor and speculation.

The only two confirmed release dates as of now are April 15th and April 29th, which is the next major patch and will introduce new content.

Scratch that, just saw the post above mine. Really would have been nice if they clarified prior to the games release that there wouldn't be new EMs every week, because I'm pretty sure that's what most of us thought.

And yeah I was really hoping for weekly episodic missions as well. Maybe in the future they'll be able to promise us that, but for now they have enough on their plate. All we can do is be patient and hope for the best.

Chev
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM

The day when they tell me that the episode missions won't be replayable until the season is over will be my last day in this game.
Same applies if they change the quest rewards.
I'ts not a threat, I'm just telling.
Took them a second to deactivate the content. It was 99% percent bug free, activating them again wouldn't take more than another second.
It was a HUGE mistake removing them in the first place, the least they should have done already is putting them back as they were.
Just my two scrips.
And no, you cannot have my stuff, I have nothing worth keeping.

fishboy11
04-22-2013, 07:27 PM

ok, heres a helpful comment, look in a mirror, somebody did something awful to your hair when your werent looking

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 01:10 AM
The day when they tell me that the episode missions won't be replayable until the season is over will be my last day in this game.
Took them a second to deactivate the content. It was 99% percent bug free, activating them again wouldn't take more than another second.
It was a HUGE mistake removing them in the first place, the least they should have done already is putting them back as they were.
Just my two scrips.

I get where you're coming from but unless they add in something to explain and solve the contradictions that would come up between the show and game's timeline, then I don't see it happening.. That's just my opinion of course so it's in no way factual.

All input is welcome though and again, I can definitely see where you're coming from with this.

ok, heres a helpful comment, look in a mirror, somebody did something awful to your hair when your werent looking

Ha! Well aren't you just a bundle of joy.

Troll elsewhere please.

LostAlgorithm
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Just my two scrips.

They said they'd be discussing the plans for it in last night's Across the Badlands, which I missed again due to work. Does anyone know if they said anything about episode missions?

I agree that a rerun season is a really dumb way to go about it. Just put the content back in.

Hostile
04-23-2013, 01:17 AM
My manager. I hate my job. Lol. Sorry if I seem hostile.

I'm hostile.....you don't seem like me at all.

Befallen
04-23-2013, 01:21 AM
If they bring back things that fully break canon then i'll be pissed but if it's fully done in order after the season ends and finishes perfectly before the next season starts i'll be satisfied.

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm hostile.....you don't seem like me at all.
http://oi35.tinypic.com/30j4v1h.jpg

If they bring back things that fully break canon then i'll be pissed but if it's fully done in order after the season ends and finishes perfectly before the next season starts i'll be satisfied.

That's pretty much what i'm hoping for. Like I said, as long as it doesn't conflict with the timeline of the show, it's fine by me.

LostAlgorithm
04-23-2013, 01:27 AM

Phasing prevents older content that you already completed from breaking canon. The argument that it would break the game's immersion if the content was left in for others to complete at their own pace makes pretty much zero practical sense.

Chev
04-23-2013, 01:39 AM

How would something that IN THE INTRO CUTSCENE break canon? How would something that YOU WOULDN'T even see (since you completed them it seems with you main char) break canon?
Explain it to me pls.

And this:
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/where-game-meets-show
How would something SyFy listed on the 15th(!) as something BEING in the game (though it DOESN'T) would break canon? At this moment Trion makes SyFy looks like a liar with false info posted on the news page... Congrats!

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Phasing prevents older content that you already completed from breaking canon. The argument that it would break the game's immersion if the content was left in for others to complete at their own pace makes pretty much zero practical sense.

I see your point, but I think you're not looking at it from the right point of view.

It isn't DLC. It's an episode mission. "Episode", which means "An event or a group of events occurring as part of a larger sequence; an incident or period considered in isolation." This is an MMO. I don't know you're experience with MMO's, but events in MMO's are usually a pretty unique thing. For example, in WoW.. A "DLC" might be considered to be one of the expansion packs or one of the digital items that you can buy in Blizzard's store.. where as to an "Event" would be considered something like Brewfest or some other holiday event..
That may have been a bad example, but my point is, is that an event is something that comes and goes. It's not DLC that's there to stay. And in the world of MMO's.. If you miss an event.. you're just tough out of luck.

So in my opinion, they should either allow us a chance to complete the missions once more after the season ends, or just remove the episode pursuits from those that didn't complete them so that we don't have to be reminded that we haven't done them every time we go to view our "Goals"..

And that's where I stand with all this.

FOLTHEON
04-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Saying that the episode missions should be removed after a certain period of time just because the show has moved past that makes no sense whatsoever. When starting a new character, you still meet Nolan and the New Freedom still crashes. Why hasn't the intro been changed?

What happens at the New Freedom crash site is already in the past, but every new player will experience it. If you're going to cut content because it must follow a certain canon at all times, then you must also change the intro and all the missions every time the canon advances.

And there's also the fact that the game needs more content. Periodic missions that are removed after some time don't qualify in the long run.

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Saying that the episode missions should be removed after a certain period of time just because the show has moved past that makes no sense whatsoever. When starting a new character, you still meet Nolan and the New Freedom still crashes. Why hasn't the intro been changed?

What happens at the New Freedom crash site is already in the past, but every new player will experience it. If you're going to cut content because it must follow a certain canon at all times, then you must also change the intro and all the missions every time the canon advances.

And there's also the fact that the game needs more content. Periodic missions that are removed after some time don't qualify in the long run.

Yeah, i'll agree that the intro could be viewed as a bit of a contradiction now that the story has progressed.. but my excuse for that is that it helps ease new players into the game and shows them right off the bat that the show and game will intersect at certain points.. I look at the whole beginning of the game as a time set in itself - Like the tutorial is an intro to the entire new world that has been terraformed, and that your character doesn't actually join in real-time events until they complete the tutorial.

That's just how I look at it though. It makes more sense to me.

BrashFink
04-23-2013, 05:12 AM
I just do not understand why they are making us wait until the season is over. We live in an era of Sequels, Prequels... we are used to stories told out of order... we are not idiots.

I guess I will just stop watching the show every week and just watch it all at once when the season is over like I do most shows.

Ultralord
04-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Already said this before, of course they were going to bring back the episode issions. They had to pay someone to make them and voice the characters. Only ever using them once, for a week or two is like throwing money away & no developer likes that.

McCartan
04-23-2013, 05:31 AM
I hope they keep the rewards in when the missions re-run, they'd still be rare if they only show up during re-runs anyway.

If not, they should at least add the outfits to the store, after all, this stuff is only cosmetic.

nitroz76
04-23-2013, 05:37 AM
http://oi34.tinypic.com/21jn57l.jpg
http://oi36.tinypic.com/291cb9j.jpg
http://oi33.tinypic.com/2ld8ykw.jpg

I dunno. It looks blurry to me.

Spencley
04-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Oh thank god! more content! oh wait.... nope just old stuff that takes less then 30 minutes...

How about before attempting to bring back old content then fix the current broken content that has been broken for almost 4 weeks, They find time to make stupid pointless changes like secret vendors changing to a person instead of a shop, Forcing different key bindings...

Give the support team a look as well, they are pretty crap at it they pass you from live chat to in game support constantly going back and forth then eventually you get an automated response that closes your ticket..

Fix the broken Chat and other social aspects.. Why in an MMO am i forced to do certain missions on my own? Its like you threw out the important and expected parts of an MMO and thought, nah we don't need that and then filled it with crap that prevents people playing together...

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
I just do not understand why they are making us wait until the season is over. We live in an era of Sequels, Prequels... we are used to stories told out of order... we are not idiots.

I guess I will just stop watching the show every week and just watch it all at once when the season is over like I do most shows.

I see what you mean. But.. Take any show for example. You have to wait until after the season is over before they start playing reruns and bring it out on DVD for the public, right? I just look at it like that. In any case, What they decide to do with the missions is completely up to them.

I dunno. It looks blurry to me.

Lol. Nice.

Oh thank god! more content! oh wait.... nope just old stuff that takes less then 30 minutes...

How about before attempting to bring back old content then fix the current broken content that has been broken for almost 4 weeks, They find time to make stupid pointless changes like secret vendors changing to a person instead of a shop, Forcing different key bindings...

Give the support team a look as well, they are pretty crap at it they pass you from live chat to in game support constantly going back and forth then eventually you get an automated response that closes your ticket..

Fix the broken Chat and other social aspects.. Why in an MMO am i forced to do certain missions on my own? Its like you threw out the important and expected parts of an MMO and thought, nah we don't need that and then filled it with crap that prevents people playing together...

I do agree that they should prioritize better. A few episode missions is greatly insignificant in contrast to the entire game not functioning correctly. And I also agree that not being able to play all the missions CO-OP has definitely removed some of that classic MMO feel. All we can do is await the next patch and really hope that they pull through for us all.. Regardless of what happens though, a supportive and understanding community is key. If all we do is complain and tear the dev teams down then nothing good will come of that. Everyone needs to remember that this is the first true MMO to be brought to the xbox 360. There are bound to be many problems. - but those problems can and will be addressed.. eventually.. Haha. If you bought this game, you should have been fully aware of it's standing in the fact that it will be a work in progress. That's how I look at it at least.. But maybe i'm just a little biased towards new MMO's seeing as how nearly all of them have a rocky start..

Nightsider
04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Having the Episode Missions in the game would cause conflicts??? But having Nolan and Irisa in the opening cutscene doesnt???? LOL

What about people who just want to roll a new character, or for those who came to the party late.

I've been talking about this game for awhile now and have gotten several people to get it and/or watch the show... Alot just play catch up on Hulu or Defiance.com.

Soooo, with that said, taking the Episode missions out of the game makes absolutely NO sense...

PLEASE put them back in NOW... screw this after the season BS... You're gonna lose players...

Dylan1011
04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Slowly but surely I'm losing hope for this game and its sad cause I like it a lot

VonTreece
04-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Slowly but surely I'm losing hope for this game and its sad cause I like it a lot

I'm right there with ya. I'll stick with Defiance until it dies out regardless, but I just hope they can really turn this around and earn back some trust from us consumers.

Rasczak
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I see what you mean. But.. Take any show for example. You have to wait until after the season is over before they start playing reruns and bring it out on DVD for the public, right? I just look at it like that. In any case, What they decide to do with the missions is completely up to them.

For a DvD release, yes. But, just to let you know, the two previous Defiance episodes are not only on OnDemand right now and can be watched at anytime, but are even right there on the Syfy website in their entirety (http://www.defiance.com/en/series/video/2639565).

So, while a DvD release is post-season, needing to wait for a network to rerun the show post-season is not the reality anymore for most shows.

In other words: people can, and do, view a show at their own schedule, and are no longer locked into the strict weekly viewing format. We haven't been for years.

The Defiance team at Trion (not to be confused with the Rift team at Trion, which is lightyears ahead of this team), just doesn't seem to realize that yet.

VonTreece
04-29-2013, 04:18 PM
For a DvD release, yes. But, just to let you know, the two previous Defiance episodes are not only on OnDemand right now and can be watched at anytime, but are even right there on the Syfy website in their entirety (http://www.defiance.com/en/series/video/2639565).

So, while a DvD release is post-season, needing to wait for a network to rerun the show post-season is not the reality anymore for most shows.

I understand that they are available on-demand via their website and other various ways, but the point is that they're trying to keep the game and the show live and in tune with each other. If they brought them back out of sync, it would just cause confusion for the less informed players. As long as they bring them back after the season, i'm happy.

But I do get where you're coming from..

I guess all I can say is.. "To each his own."

Rasczak
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
I understand that they are available on-demand via their website and other various ways, but the point is that they're trying to keep the game and the show live and in tune with each other. If they brought them back out of sync, it would just cause confusion for the less informed players. As long as they bring them back after the season, i'm happy.

But I do get where you're coming from..

I guess all I can say is.. "To each his own."

Actually, I would say this way is potentially more confusing.

For example, I spent time this weekend apologizing to a pal of mine. Without talking to me first, he went out and bought Defiance (he bought the Xbox version). After it was all ready to go, he decided to start the episodes on OnDemand so he could get that story, and then do the episode stuff in game.

When I informed him that the original missions that tied into the Nolan-Irissa/Crystal segment were removed from the game to keep it in-line with the "weekly broadcast" . . . the next morning he took the price hit and just traded it to the game shop. He doesn't watch a show on a strict "every-week" schedule (he's a Police Offiicer) and could go a week or more without logging into a game. He felt that Trion/Syfy didn't market it right for how they want to handle it, was very disappointed as a non-game site lurking customer, and now Trion will not be receiving future cash shop or DLC revenue from him.

He has a ton of Shooter games and PC MMOs, he didn't a new one of either, and was willing to spend the dough because of the transmedia thing. A core concept of all their marketing that any customer without a "weekly viewing/play schedule" in 2013 is unable to enjoy; which makes Defiance just another oh-hum shooter game, and a very lackluster MMO, at best.

VonTreece
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Actually, I would say this way is potentially more confusing.

For example, I spent time this weekend apologizing to a pal of mine. Without talking to me first, he went out and bought Defiance (he bought the Xbox version). After it was all ready to go, he decided to start the episodes on OnDemand so he could get that story, and then do the episode stuff in game.

When I informed him that the original missions that tied into the Nolan-Irissa/Crystal segment were removed from the game to keep it in-line with the "weekly broadcast" . . . the next morning he took the price hit and just traded it to the game shop. He doesn't watch a show on a strict "every-week" schedule (he's a Police Offiicer) and could go a week or more without logging into a game. He felt that Trion/Syfy didn't market it right for how they want to handle it, was very disappointed as a non-game site lurking customer, and now Trion will not be receiving future cash shop or DLC revenue from him.

Think of it this way..

Imagine yourself playing some other generic average MMO..

There's a special limited-time event that happens in this MMO..

Your friend buys the game after the event ends and then is upset with the game's devs for not allowing him to play on his own schedule.

Although this is perfectly understandable in any other type of game with weekly content and/or DLC, this is an MMO.

And as I stated before, if you miss an event on an MMO, as much as it sucks you're just sh** out of luck!..

..That being said, this situation is much different then a generic MMO event..

Trion has made the fact that the game and show intertwine with each other a major selling point..

And when new players buy the game expecting to be able to jump right into this video game/TV show hybrid..

They're in for an incredibly disappointing surprise.

So in closing, I do agree with you that they should bring back episodic content.

but.. in order to keep that event-like feel, I think they should take away the major rewards from doing these episode missions, after the "event" ends..

That way those that are more dedicated to the game can reap awesome rewards, and the other players that are late to the party can still follow along with the storyline.

That's my opinion on all this.

Rasczak
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Think of it this way..

Imagine yourself playing some other generic average MMO..

There's a special limited-time event that happens in this MMO..

Your friend buys the game after the event ends and then is upset with the game's devs for not allowing him to play on his own schedule.

Although this is perfectly understandable in any other type of game with weekly content and/or DLC, this is an MMO.

And as I stated before, if you miss an event on an MMO, as much as it sucks you're just sh** out of luck!..

..That being said, this situation is much different then a generic MMO event..

Trion has made the fact that the game and show intertwine with each other a major selling point..

And when new players buy the game expecting to be able to jump right into this video game/TV show hybrid..

They're in for an incredibly disappointing surprise.

So in closing, I do agree with you that they should bring back episodic content.

but.. in order to keep that event-like feel, I think they should take away the major rewards from doing these episode missions, after the "event" ends..

That way those that are more dedicated to the game can reap awesome rewards, and the other players that are late to the party can still follow along with the storyline.

That's my opinion on all this.

Well, there is one benefit: two of my people have resubbed to Rift, and we pulled 3 more into it. So, at least Trion is getting their money. Sadly, as a long time Rift player, I find it saddening that this game's team is associated with the Trion brand. This is like a bunch of former Funcom or SOE devs.

blenderhead
05-11-2013, 02:32 AM
@ Vontreece

''That way those that are more dedicated to the game can reap awesome rewards'' - but why?? i don't get your argument/opinion. you probably paid the same amount [roughly] for your game as this 'undedicated' person you mention.

should you punish or exclude someone who has only a few hours or so per week to play the game, simply because of their personal circumstances? where's the fairness in that? trion doesn't benefit any more or less from someone being online for 1 hour or 5 hours. you bought the game, they got your money. ergo, the rewards should be universal

Sids
05-11-2013, 02:34 AM
I think they should bring back episode missions.

Paklo
05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Here's my two cents on the whole "seasonal content" debate. Valentine's is a seasonal thing, spring is a season, the whatever day celebration is a seasonal promotion. Major plot related missions in a content sparse mmo, are NOT seasonal content. Alien Santa? Should only be around during alien xmas. Major content? Should always be present! Seems obvious.

Oh, and I don't believe in alien santa anymore. :(

Nefarious
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I wonder if the rewards for them will come back to. I hope not. Thouse special things belong to the players who showed up to play in the begining.

WhiteCell
05-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I wonder if the rewards for them will come back to. I hope not. Thouse special things belong to the players who showed up to play in the begining.

The bad outfits and nobody wears anyway?

I think you're being a little too harsh on people that want to play the game.

3rdpig
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM

As long as you didn't lose them during a server crash the way I lost the Epic AR you get completing the first episode mission. And no, they don't give them back if you ask.