PDA

View Full Version : "You can't hurt me"

Jeff Kaos
04-22-2013, 11:50 AM
"Because I have an invincibility shield".
So I just started San Fran (big let down, oh the missed opertunities of a major city to fight in) and started encountering Dark Matter forces. Forgetting the fact that "Dark Matter" isn't the name an evil organization should have but rather the McGuffin they're after I find their powers to be cheap. I mean, I can deal with the giant mechs I need to unleash an entire LMG magazine into on overpower to take out an I can appreciate the snipers that can turn invisible, heck i don't even mind the perfect aim and never needing to reload but "all powerful shields that I can't shoot through but they have no problem hitting me with" is where I draw the line. Sinse I just started fighting thes a**clowns I'm at a loss for strategy, anyone know if there's a weapon I can use to pierce these shield things?

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Do you mean the big red shields they place? Just run around behind them and shoot. Or leap over if you're feeling more swashbuckling.

DustOfDeath
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
arced grenades or grenades/rockets that split apart so yo ucan hit them from behind.

They wont turn aroudn if the shield is up so you can just shoot them also. from behind.

ForeignPatriot
04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
The biggest weapon you can use against Dark Matter is ironically cover and defensive tactics. I had a mild issue when I first arrived in San Fran 'cus I had gotten used to lolramboing everyone with a shotgun!

Any weapon will do, just be more careful and prioritize your targets.

P.S: Snipers take a while to aim, you can neutralize their damage by line of sight or by combat rolling as they're about to shoot. It takes timing, but it's not too hard.

RoG Goat
04-22-2013, 11:55 AM
You know the little 0's that pop up when you shoot it?
That means you're not doing any damage.

And if you don't have the damage pop up ON, you should probably do that soon.

Get behind the shield, or to the side of it... and shoot them. DERP

Arsenic_Touch
04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Use your regular weapon, the shield will eventually collapse.

RelativeBlue
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
That's awesome. Dark Matter are my favorite enemies.
When the Monitor draws his line, all you gotta do is cross it.

Epshiluss
04-22-2013, 11:58 AM
You know you can break the shield right?. Just use a rapid fire gun at the shield and every one will be knocked back around the shield when the it breaks. This also disables the shield of the enemy who deployed it.

Razer
04-22-2013, 12:11 PM
I found ARs with a minimum of 350 damage and the Radiation effect really eats through personal shields, but like others have said, prioritize the enemy 1. snipers (can 2 shot you) 2. Enforcers will gang bang you so pick em off one at a time when you can 3. Bulwarks can just be nasty but work them down as you move 4. Red shields, either wait them out or rush them when their shield is up but don't get in melee range of them they can also 2 shot you. But above all, Line-of-sight everyone! Do not let Dark Matter surround you, OMG!

Denim Samurai
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
just get behind them drop a grenade on him and the small group of guys he called over to join him and mop up.

dejarnat
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Dark Matter: Not to be ****** with.

Two words for the Bulwarks: "**** you."

Facade
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
FYI:

That shield can only take so much damage and then it will explode & throw anyone behind it backwards. However the trick is being able to shoot it without being shot by them.

Oddly enough I find the Bulwarks easier than the infantry. Snipe the missile rack to make it drop then empty a SAW into it while it's down & recovering. I can normally destroy it before it gets up.

Tayce
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you mean the big red shields they place? Just run around behind them and shoot. Or leap over if you're feeling more swashbuckling.
Yeah, I usually thank them for making my life easier when they put up that screen.
Run around it, unload with my shotgun = Dead Matter

Denim Samurai
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM

those things need another critical area. I fought one with a pistol and a semi-auto sniper rifle ended up using all my ammo and the thing was still alive... Never again will I use that combo of weapons...

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I found ARs with a minimum of 350 damage and the Radiation effect really eats through personal shields, but like others have said, prioritize the enemy 1. snipers (can 2 shot you) 2. Enforcers will gang bang you so pick em off one at a time when you can 3. Bulwarks can just be nasty but work them down as you move 4. Red shields, either wait them out or rush them when their shield is up but don't get in melee range of them they can also 2 shot you. But above all, Line-of-sight everyone! Do not let Dark Matter surround you, OMG!
You run around the shield and the mob doesn't turn around... Easy

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I usually thank them for making my life easier when they put up that screen.
Run around it, unload with my shotgun = Dead Matter

Exactly how I do it. Its like they want you to backstab them with your Shotgun. They seem to wait for it.

Razer
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM

LOL , really that's all you have to add? Bulwarks are bad, but NIM **** him.

Kennedy
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
That's awesome. Dark Matter are my favorite enemies.
When the Monitor draws his line, all you gotta do is cross it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xp1ZiKSREQ

3rdpig
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I take great enjoyment out of flanking them, giving them both barrels of a sawed off shotgun, then dropping an egg and running. That's typically all it takes to remove their shield and them from the field.

nikkadaem
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes, grenades, grenades, grenades...especially from a launcher.

Kitten Mittons
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Flashbang the shield guys... Easy peasy. One shot and their shield is down and they're blown back.