PDA

View Full Version : End Game Content

Stoned Soldier
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
This is to address all those complaining that there is not any End Game Content for an MMO
Defiance is not your average MMO genre. It is a Hybrid between franchise shooters and franchise MMO. So, with that being said the End Game content is NOT your average MMO tier gear or epic weapon, although you do get an in story only pistol after completing the storyline. The End Game Content is actually your EGO and Perks. You want to say you are the best and you deserve end game content. Then earn your ego rating get your perks, that is end game content. when you get to ego 4000 and don't have some awesome Orange weapons with synergies, nano effects, 4 mod slots already opened for you or how about an Ironclad IV regenerator shield, then you can say you have NOTHING.
So here is the point if you haven't reached ego 4000 you don't deserve to see End Game Content, other than the equipment you get through the storyline. If you don't like that then go play DCUO, I heard they are about to release T5 armor. Myself I will continue to pursue my E.G.O. rating and weapon hunting.
True Ark Hunters don't complain they Hunt.

Irres169
04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm seriously considering derailing this thread before they lock it.

Verios44
04-22-2013, 02:17 PM
This is to address all those complaining that there is not any End Game Content for an MMO
Defiance is not your average MMO genre. It is a Hybrid between franchise shooters and franchise MMO. So, with that being said the End Game content is NOT your average MMO tier gear or epic weapon, although you do get an in story only pistol after completing the storyline. The End Game Content is actually your EGO and Perks. You want to say you are the best and you deserve end game content. Then earn your ego rating get your perks, that is end game content. when you get to ego 4000 and don't have some awesome Orange weapons with synergies, nano effects, 4 mod slots already opened for you or how about an Ironclad IV regenerator shield, then you can say you have NOTHING.
So here is the point if you haven't reached ego 4000 you don't deserve to see End Game Content, other than the equipment you get through the storyline. If you don't like that then go play DCUO, I heard they are about to release T5 armor. Myself I will continue to pursue my E.G.O. rating and weapon hunting.

I second this completely. Defiance is a new breed of mmo so end game will be entirely different. It kindof reminds me of EVE Online's endgame which is POS towers and super capitals, both can be destroyed in a blink of an eye, so there is no true endgame.

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Okay I have a little problem with this. Defiance is hella-fun. But there is no real progress to me. It will tire out after awhile, and I don't want that to happen. I mean im still using a 30 E-lvl Assault Rifle, at 1200+ EGO. The appeal behind end-game content can be different, but with no real progress it kinda kills the replay ability. At least that's my opinion. It would be nice to get a gun that is a bit stronger, or a stronger shield. I mean hell Dark Matter still rip into me after all this time, I just avoid San-Fran at this point.

I know it is a MMOTPS, emphasis on the shooter part. But it is still an MMO and to me it needs a little bit of progress feel. An EGO 50 has a great chance of beating an EGO 5000. The only differnce is the availability of items and the extra perk slots, which wont help all that much. Just an opinion. :]

Angeleus09
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Okay I have a little problem with this. Defiance is hella-fun. But there is no real progress to me. It will tire out after awhile, and I don't want that to happen. I mean im still using a 30 E-lvl Assault Rifle, at 1200+ EGO.

I do hope you mean the same kind of gun and not the actual same gun, right? Otherwise you've been depriving yourself of increasing your character's base skill for ARs and all the innate bonuses that come with that.

The appeal behind end-game content can be different, but with no real progress it kinda kills the replay ability. At least that's my opinion. It would be nice to get a gun that is a bit stronger, or a stronger shield. I mean hell Dark Matter still rip into me after all this time, I just avoid San-Fran at this point.

Dark Matter rips everyone who doesn't use cover properly to shreds regardless of EGO. The way gear in this game works isn't like other MMOs, even though they use the same color rarity scale. The base damage on weapons will never change regardless of EGO but that is entirely by design. Wait.... There is a reason for that, and you actually already said it.

An EGO 50 has a great chance of beating an EGO 5000. The only differnce is the availability of items and the extra perk slots, which wont help all that much. Just an opinion. :]

That's the whole point, this is a physical skill based game, not a stat-skill based one. When you move into PvP whoever is the better shooter will win and if they are of equal skill then whoever chose their perk set more intelligently will. Sure they could just make everyone equal when entering PvP but then there would be an insane amount of complaining about that. This game was specifically designed to avoid the gear segregation schtako that usually plagues other MMOs, i.e. "No sorry you can't join our group, you're not geared properly for this instance."

I've played other MMOs and while I have enjoyed them I do not at all miss having to grind instances to get Gear Set A for Purpose A and then Gear Set B for Purpose B etc. Also I'm only about ER 550 but from what I've been seeing around the forums you're just about to the "sweet spot" where guns start dropping with all or almost all of the mod slots already unlocked and at least one synergy already in place so there's always that to look forward to.

Edit: forgot to add that I do think there should be some content that unlocks when you beat the main story mission, be it an additional instance to run or a new PvP map or something. I haven't completed the campaign yet but I understand you get a weapon drop and that's about it.

Wrong Game
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Thought you were talking about Battlefield 3. Lololol.

FNL4EVA23
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Yet you are complaining sorry had to say it.

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I do hope you mean the same kind of gun and not the actual same gun, right? Otherwise you've been depriving yourself of increasing your character's base skill for ARs and all the innate bonuses that come with that.

Yea i mean the same type of gun not the actual :]

Dark Matter rips everyone who doesn't use cover properly to shreds regardless of EGO. The way gear in this game works isn't like other MMOs, even though they use the same color rarity scale. The base damage on weapons will never change regardless of EGO but that is entirely by design. Wait.... There is a reason for that, and you actually already said it.

That is true and i understand that, this game so far to me isnt really an MMO. Its just the lack of progress is what im afraid will turn people away. I mean its unfortunatley a staple of the gaming industry these days. People want to feel like they progressed. The only reason i am EGO 1200+ is because i did the pursuits for the rewards and leveled my guns up.

That's the whole point, this is a physical skill based game, not a stat-skill based one. When you move into PvP whoever is the better shooter will win and if they are of equal skill then whoever chose their perk set more intelligently will. Sure they could just make everyone equal when entering PvP but then there would be an insane amount of complaining about that. This game was specifically designed to avoid the gear segregation schtako that usually plagues other MMOs, i.e. "No sorry you can't join our group, you're not geared properly for this instance."

I do agree this game needs more skill to play then a grind-fest, but PVP was a bad example, ATM. Shotgun and cloak dominate the majority of that right now but i know what you mean and i agree.

I've played other MMOs and while I have enjoyed them I do not at all miss having to grind instances to get Gear Set A for Purpose A and then Gear Set B for Purpose B etc. Also I'm only about ER 550 but from what I've been seeing around the forums you're just about to the "sweet spot" where guns start dropping with all or almost all of the mod slots already unlocked and at least one synergy already in place so there's always that to look forward to.

Also agree that the mods are the only point of getting a new gun really. I just don't like currently finishing and arkfall and getting some useless Vendor-trash or Matrix-trash. Which is always a shield or grenade. I just hope they don't mess it up. BUT.. To be fair, this game is arleady a grind-fest lol. Your just grinding different things.

Stoned Soldier
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Edit: forgot to add that I do think there should be some content that unlocks when you beat the main story mission, be it an additional instance to run or a new PvP map or something. I haven't completed the campaign yet but I understand you get a weapon drop and that's about it.
You answered that post perfectly, I could not have said it any better. around ego 1000 you will get a variety of synergy, nano and 3-4 mod slotted weapons and a plethora of purple shields and grenades. after campaign you get a wpn. I don't know if it is class specific. I beat it as a Veteran and got a pistol, might I say a beast pistol.

Stoned Soldier
04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Yet you are complaining sorry had to say it.
and what is it that is a complaint?

xaosykotik
04-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Too many dcuo references. You guys need to get over it or go back. I understand that it's the only mmo most of the ps3 players have any kind of experience playing, but it's not a very good example of one and anything you learned there isn't really relevant here. Let it go. If anyone even did the story missions and paid attention to it they'd realize that it's probably far from over. How can you expect end game content when a real story line hasn't even ended. They've just been introducing people. Good mmo games last year's and years. Take a look at ffxi and wow. Still kicking out the expansions. Just let the devs do their job. They're more experienced with mmo's than the people whining they want it and they want it now. This isn't J.G. Wentorth. It's an mmo. And if it's going to be a good one the devs won't cave in to the whiners, the people crying nerf every day, or the people who want quality rushed. Real end game will happen when it happens. The game isn't even a month old. If you expect end game in an mmo in 2-3 weeks then you should really go find another game.

dalendria
04-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Reminds me of GW2. They have no endgame. They even wrote an entire article called Endgame Reimagined. Their point is that you do not have to wait till level cap to have fun or experience content. The same thing you can do at level cap, you can do at lower levels. The focus is on having fun by focusing on the content you enjoy instead of grinding for gear or doing the same raid over and over.

There are plenty of "endgame" focused MMOs out there with traditional raids. I love seeing companies that offer something different.

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Too many dcuo references. You guys need to get over it or go back. I understand that it's the only mmo most of the ps3 players have any kind of experience playing, but it's not a very good example of one and anything you learned there isn't really relevant here. Let it go. If anyone even did the story missions and paid attention to it they'd realize that it's probably far from over. How can you expect end game content when a real story line hasn't even ended. They've just been introducing people. Good mmo games last year's and years. Take a look at ffxi and wow. Still kicking out the expansions. Just let the devs do their job. They're more experienced with mmo's than the people whining they want it and they want it now. This isn't J.G. Wentorth. It's an mmo. And if it's going to be a good one the devs won't cave in to the whiners, the people crying nerf every day, or the people who want quality rushed. Real end game will happen when it happens. The game isn't even a month old. If you expect end game in an mmo in 2-3 weeks then you should really go find another game.

Actually both of those games shipped with an end-game in them. End-game is just a term now it doesn't define the cookie-cutter example of WoW that everyone keeps assuming. End-game put simply is there must be something to do at the end of the game, at the "level-cap". Well this game technically doesn't even have levels, more or less the "Baddass" rating from Borderlands 2, its essentially the same thing. Not all games need an end-game but a game calling itself an "MMO" really needs something like that.

On the other post, about GW2, they might not have an end-game, but thats just in talk. They have essential an end-game that you can do at any level. Just takes the "end" out of "end-game". This is all just a conversation mind you, and i still want to see what they have planned. This game will get grind-heavy quickly and start to draw on and become boring if there isn't something to work towards, a REAL goal to work towards. Sure its story driven, but this is a game. Just thoughts. :]

xaosykotik
04-22-2013, 06:44 PM
I wasn't much into wow, but I played xi for years. End game was always evolving. And there were many things to do. I'm gonna let them do what they do and enjoy the ride. Dcou references just hit a nerve with me. The forum community was pretty horrid, and I see a lot of them migrating to this game. I'd hate to see them ruin this one like they did that game

Angeleus09
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Yea i mean the same type of gun not the actual :]

That is true and i understand that, this game so far to me isnt really an MMO. Its just the lack of progress is what im afraid will turn people away. I mean its unfortunatley a staple of the gaming industry these days. People want to feel like they progressed. The only reason i am EGO 1200+ is because i did the pursuits for the rewards and leveled my guns up.

I do agree this game needs more skill to play then a grind-fest, but PVP was a bad example, ATM. Shotgun and cloak dominate the majority of that right now but i know what you mean and i agree.

Also agree that the mods are the only point of getting a new gun really. I just don't like currently finishing and arkfall and getting some useless Vendor-trash or Matrix-trash. Which is always a shield or grenade. I just hope they don't mess it up. BUT.. To be fair, this game is arleady a grind-fest lol. Your just grinding different things.

Agreed? Agreed? Agreed!!!!! I believe we have an accord, carry on.

I wasn't much into wow, but I played xi for years. End game was always evolving. And there were many things to do. I'm gonna let them do what they do and enjoy the ride. Dcou references just hit a nerve with me. The forum community was pretty horrid, and I see a lot of them migrating to this game. I'd hate to see them ruin this one like they did that game

Ah DCUO didn't turn out so bad. Coming from FF XI and WoW I felt like DCUO was MMO-lite and that was actually exactly what I liked about it. That and the action combat versus traditional tab select combat, but you're right, initially the forum community there was a bit tough to swallow.

DWill
04-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Well befor u go and get your information wrong there realeasing end game content in one of the 5 DLCs

DWill
04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Well you know how to not tire of it so quickly right....stop playing it so much. The game is brand new you cant expect more stuff not even a moth after the realease

Extix666
04-22-2013, 08:09 PM

i agree completly with this i love that defiance doesnt have a loot table to constantly grind for i love the fact that all weapons are random and it takes some true grinding to find end game weapons even with grinding for ego i only just got to 500 but yet im finding that im doing most damage in arkfalls and can kill most enemies with few shots keep going trion cant wait for new patch hope it makes at least new threads with new complaints lol

Stoned Soldier
04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
ok dude, maybe you should read the initial post. it was started to address the fact that people shouldn't be talking about end game content at ego 0-4000. I personally have been playing mmorpgs since Ultima Online all the way to present. DCUO was a reference for PS3 players( does not sum up my MMORPG experience). so read a thread before you make such a horrible rebuttal.

Stoned Soldier
04-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Actually both of those games shipped with an end-game in them. End-game is just a term now it doesn't define the cookie-cutter example of WoW that everyone keeps assuming. End-game put simply is there must be something to do at the end of the game, at the "level-cap". Well this game technically doesn't even have levels, more or less the "Baddass" rating from Borderlands 2, its essentially the same thing. Not all games need an end-game but a game calling itself an "MMO" really needs something like that.

On the other post, about GW2, they might not have an end-game, but thats just in talk. They have essential an end-game that you can do at any level. Just takes the "end" out of "end-game". This is all just a conversation mind you, and i still want to see what they have planned. This game will get grind-heavy quickly and start to draw on and become boring if there isn't something to work towards, a REAL goal to work towards. Sure its story driven, but this is a game. Just thoughts. :]a game calling itself a MMO does not need end-game content. WSOP tournaments can be considered MMO( Massive Multiplayer Online. its the RPG that gets the content. MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, this is where you customize and role play your character.
the end game content for Defiance is your EGO and Perks. That is what defines you as an Individual in the Role Playing aspect.

nosworc
04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
i agree completly with this i love that defiance doesnt have a loot table to constantly grind for i love the fact that all weapons are random and it takes some true grinding to find end game weapons

Lol what?
10/char

nosworc
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
the end game content for Defiance is your EGO and Perks. That is what defines you as an Individual in the Role Playing aspect.

We shall see how many people stick with the game for the long haul just to grind out Ego with no real benefits. I'd imagine not many, like it or not people want to feel a sense of accomplishment when spending countless hours in a game like this. The game is young so im willing to stick with it for awhile but if the only thing im going to be doing is grinding out Ego....naaaa

Stoned Soldier
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
We shall see how many people stick with the game for the long haul just to grind out Ego with no real benefits. I'd imagine not many, like it or not people want to feel a sense of accomplishment when spending countless hours in a game like this. The game is young so im willing to stick with it for awhile but if the only thing im going to be doing is grinding out Ego....naaaa you don't think 9maxed perks for 5 load outs is reward enough, ok well you also start to get weapons that have more synergy/nano/mod slots available the higher you get, also the shields and grenades significantly increase in potency.
I think what people want to see is some kind of vendor for special gear that you can only acquire after......... after what? where is the line for say a special weapon or shield? a high ego rating, ok well that is back to square one of what is and should be end game content.

Verios44
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I am getting close to ego 1500 and I am beginning to notice that most of the weapon drops, even whites have 3 or 4 mod slots already. Also, I am starting to notice 2 perks on a gun before its even used so there is benefits to leveling up, just gradual.

DanBowie
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM

Biggest fanboy post ever. Who the hell wants to level to 4000 with nothing to do. Are 5 years old do you know what real MMOs end game is like? There is nothing to do to justify playing this game after you beat the story. Not contracts or leveling your guns with nothing to shoot. Get over it this game will be dead in a month or after the season on tv ends. 2 maps and 1 game mode def aint a reason to stick around on this game

DanBowie
04-23-2013, 08:55 PM

Good MMOs on PC but this is a bad MMO on PS3. When ps4 is released this holiday PS3 will start to die. Do you think this game will last years on a system that will lose life in less then a year? Think about it? People say the dumbest **** to support this game

uninhabitableheart
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM

I agree with your philosophies. Could you elaborate more about the level of the weapons and how it relates to your Skill Level advancement? I'm sort of in the dark about that. I just figured that was their "binding" system, preventing people from giving away high level stuff to lowbies or whatever.

dim
04-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Good MMOs on PC but this is a bad MMO on PS3. When ps4 is released this holiday PS3 will start to die. Do you think this game will last years on a system that will lose life in less then a year? Think about it? People say the dumbest **** to support this game

Though its worth noting trion has hinted that defiance will show up on ps4. Though why hint at something it would be foolish not to do I don't really get.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
so for end game content you all want a Big Boss fight? I have played many MMORPGS, to list a few, Ultima Online, Diablo series, everquest, asherons call, WoW, everquest II, DCUO, champions of Norrath and the list goes on. End Game Content in all of those is some sort of Epic Mob that you need a Huge raid force to take on, not only that but you need a raid force that is also strategic. Now in Shooter Franchise the End game is your skills and abilities.
so for defiance as there isn't any Epic battle or Epic quest to obtain an Epic item or whatever you want, what there is is 9 perk slots available, Titles, and Armor style, emphasize style, once you reach certain Pursuits. that is the End Game to say I have done this and you haven't, therefore I am better than you. This game is awesome and grinding is something needed these days in games instead of being maxed out in a week or beating end game content, Then you truly have nothing left to do.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Biggest fanboy post ever. Who the hell wants to level to 4000 with nothing to do. Are 5 years old do you know what real MMOs end game is like? There is nothing to do to justify playing this game after you beat the story. Not contracts or leveling your guns with nothing to shoot. Get over it this game will be dead in a month or after the season on tv ends. 2 maps and 1 game mode def aint a reason to stick around on this game 7 co-op, shadow war and 2 competitive with the third being released with updates. not to mention contracts, races, challenges and so forth. I really don't think majority of people playing this game are the MMORPG type of players you find in Franchise MMORPGs otherwise these comments you would never see.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I agree with your philosophies. Could you elaborate more about the level of the weapons and how it relates to your Skill Level advancement? I'm sort of in the dark about that. I just figured that was their "binding" system, preventing people from giving away high level stuff to lowbies or whatever.
leveling up individual weapons will level up that specific class of weapons. If the weapon you are using is already at maximum experience then you will no longer be leveling up your weapon skill. you have to use non leveled weapons to level up the corresponding weapon skill. hope that helps.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 09:42 AM
what there is is 9 perk slots available, Titles, and Armor style,

Woop-dee-doo, I sure am glad i spent all those hours playing for something that is completely pointless. If we are to play a game like this hour after hour then we want to notice an improvement on our characters, without that then there is nothing to work for. If you get enjoyment out of playing for hours for little to no reward then that's great for you. I for one want more out of my games than that.

DanBowie
04-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Woop-dee-doo, I sure am glad i spent all those hours playing for something that is completely pointless. If we are to play a game like this hour after hour then we want to notice an improvement on our characters, without that then there is nothing to work for. If you get enjoyment out of playing for hours for little to no reward then that's great for you. I for one want more out of my games than that.

Yea any1 who thinks this game has decent end game is a poor kid who could never afford a decent PC to play good MMOs.

Angeleus09
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM

I see StonedSoldier already answered your question but I just want to add a couple things. In this case when we talk about "weapon level" we aren't referring to the weapon's EGO level which is the minimum ER your character needs to be in order to use it, we're talking about the experience bar that fills up on each individual weapon. (http://imgur.com/uiaoCmz) Once that XP bar is full on that weapon, you no longer gain XP for that base weapon skill on your character. (http://imgur.com/g3jDgbL)

Yea any1 who thinks this game has decent end game is a poor kid who could never afford a decent PC to play good MMOs.

Why are you so angry and condescending all the time? I think plenty of people here have played "good MMOs" on PC before (myself included) and we like that Defiance doesn't have traditional endgame because traditional endgame is complete bulls**t.

Grind this endgame raid to get the full set of gear, then stroke your epeen and grind the next endgame raid to work on thatfull set of gear. Take a moment, stand in town, let noobs stroke your epeen for you as they inspect you to see what that supercool life affirming legendary sword you're holding is, then grind the same raid because you don't have the full tiered set so you can't get a group for the next raid.

You clearly hate the game, you should probably stop playing before you give yourself an aneurysm or throw your computer out the window in a fit of rage and kill someone's dog so they send you to anger management therapy. Or do you just need some love in your life?

DanBowie
04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I see StonedSoldier already answered your question but I just want to add a couple things. In this case when we talk about "weapon level" we aren't referring to the weapon's EGO level which is the minimum ER your character needs to be in order to use it, we're talking about the experience bar that fills up on each individual weapon. (http://imgur.com/uiaoCmz) Once that XP bar is full on that weapon, you no longer gain XP for that base weapon skill on your character. (http://imgur.com/g3jDgbL)

Why are you so angry and condescending all the time? I think plenty of people here have played "good MMOs" on PC before (myself included) and we like that Defiance doesn't have traditional endgame because traditional endgame is complete bulls**t.

Grind this endgame raid to get the full set of gear, then stroke your epeen and grind the next endgame raid to work on thatfull set of gear. Take a moment, stand in town, let noobs stroke your epeen for you as they inspect you to see what that supercool life affirming legendary sword you're holding is, then grind the same raid because you don't have the full tiered set so you can't get a group for the next raid.

You clearly hate the game, you should probably stop playing before you give yourself an aneurysm or throw your computer out the window in a fit of rage and kill someone's dog so they send you to anger management therapy. Or do you just need some love in your life?

because this is a fun game like a shooter story missions on halo with 4 friends. ITS NOT A REAL MMO OR EVEN CLOSE AND THERE IS 0 ENDGAME AND STUPID FANBOYS ACT LIKE ITS A REAL MMO AND UNLOCKING PERK SLOTS IS ENDGAME. Game will never get better for anybody if everyone just gives trion a thumbs up for their half *** effort

DanBowie
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
NOT TO MENTION THIS IS A VIDEO GAME FORUM FOR A SCI FI MMO SO I REALLY CARE LESS WHAT ANY NERD ON HERE THINKS ANYWAY. Think I act like this in real life? g t f 0, I like making fanboys hate them self and cut their wrist. GAME PISSES ME OFF THOUGHT I BOUGHT AN MMO WHEN I REALY JUST GOT A GEARS OF WAR STORY MODE PLAYABLE WITH UP TO 3 FRIENDS AND RANDOM PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND EVERYWHERE. THIS GAME IS NOT A REAL MMO.

Jack The Bear
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
NOT TO MENTION THIS IS A VIDEO GAME FORUM FOR A SCI FI MMO SO I REALLY CARE LESS WHAT ANY NERD ON HERE THINKS ANYWAY. Think I act like this in real life? g t f 0, I like making fanboys hate them self and cut their wrist. GAME PISSES ME OFF THOUGHT I BOUGHT AN MMO WHEN I REALY JUST GOT A GEARS OF WAR STORY MODE PLAYABLE WITH UP TO 3 FRIENDS AND RANDOM PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND EVERYWHERE. THIS GAME IS NOT A REAL MMO.

Zoinks Scoob, this guy is P-Oed. MMO Stands for Massively Multiplayer Online. By that definition then it is an MMO, Your own personal idea of MMO just conflicts with that. Just an opinion. :]

uninhabitableheart
04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
leveling up individual weapons will level up that specific class of weapons. If the weapon you are using is already at maximum experience then you will no longer be leveling up your weapon skill. you have to use non leveled weapons to level up the corresponding weapon skill. hope that helps.

Thanks man. I didn't realize that at all... and... that's kind of annoying. *_*

Edit: So I shouldn't fall in love with a gun, and constantly be on the look out for duplicates? This mechanic further degrades Legendary weapons...

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 08:25 PM
because this is a fun game like a shooter story missions on halo with 4 friends. ITS NOT A REAL MMO OR EVEN CLOSE AND THERE IS 0 ENDGAME AND STUPID FANBOYS ACT LIKE ITS A REAL MMO AND UNLOCKING PERK SLOTS IS ENDGAME. Game will never get better for anybody if everyone just gives trion a thumbs up for their half *** effort
this is a real MMO ( massive multiplayer online ) game. what it isn't is your traditional MMORPG, this is a MMOTPS. big difference stop thinking they are the same.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks man. I didn't realize that at all... and... that's kind of annoying. *_*

Edit: So I shouldn't fall in love with a gun, and constantly be on the look out for duplicates? This mechanic further degrades Legendary weapons...
no don't throw away your good weapon just cause you level it. just put it in inventory till you get one better then junk it. till then just level up random weapons then either sell or salvage, but keep they one you really like cause after it is leveled it will get a secondary stat.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
this is a real MMO ( massive multiplayer online ) game. what it isn't is your traditional MMORPG, this is a MMOTPS. big difference stop thinking they are the same.

Trion shouldn't have put in Rpg elements into it then? You know like the perk system, the weapon system? Tell me more how this isn't a mmorpg, the only difference is the rpg elements they have put in are terrible. That's why people are complaining because they are there, just done badly.

Fatalmephisto
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Trion shouldn't have put in Rpg elements into it then? You know like the perk system, the weapon system? Tell me more how this isn't a mmorpg, the only difference is the rpg elements they have put in are terrible. That's why people are complaining because they are there, just done badly.

The only biggest gripe i have with the RPG factor is how weapons don't even scale with your Ego Rank. Other then that, its fine the way it is until they start adding more features into the game.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
The only biggest gripe i have with the RPG factor is how weapons don't even scale with your Ego Rank. Other then that, its fine the way it is until they start adding more features into the game.

Yea i agree with you there, probably my biggest gripe as well to be honest.

Fatalmephisto
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Yea i agree with you there, probably my biggest gripe as well to be honest.

Yet that can also change down the road too right. I mean I've seen countless people complaining about this issue so I'm sure Trion will address this down the road.

Verios44
04-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Yet that can also change down the road too right. I mean I've seen countless people complaining about this issue so I'm sure Trion will address this down the road.

The problem is Trion is trying to balance pvp between vets and new players but by doing that, only small differences between ego 10 and ego1500 weapons exists, and the majority of these are from the weapon skill system.

And because of that, we feel underpowered. And I am ego1480 .

Fatalmephisto
04-24-2013, 09:32 PM
The problem is Trion is trying to balance pvp between vets and new players but by doing that, only small differences between ego 10 and ego1500 weapons exists, and the majority of these are from the weapon skill system.

Yeah that's going to be tricky. I mean if worse comes to worse. They might make PVP designed weapon sets that you can choose from or something.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM

That's what i don't understand, i don't PvP. Never have, it just doesn't interest me. Why PvE and PvP are being thrown in as one and the same i dont know. The weapon system can be left as it is for PvP if it keeps it balanced, for PvE it shouldn't be the case though.

Verios44
04-24-2013, 10:13 PM
That's what i don't understand, i don't PvP. Never have, it just doesn't interest me. Why PvE and PvP are being thrown in as one and the same i dont know. The weapon system can be left as it is for PvP if it keeps it balanced, for PvE it shouldn't be the case though.

I completely agree, like I just started to use bmg's but they feel way underpowered compared to my assault rifles, etc. for example it takes maybe 30 seconds to kill a elite mattock with a ar but with a bmg, a few minutes.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM

yes there is a small difference in weapons as you get higher in ego and yeah your skill in each weapon class should also be going up if your doing that correctly. the difference in weapons is really in the grade, example common or legendary and so on. even those differences are very subtle. I think what I have got from the starting of this thread is that everyone wants to be "justified with the higher ego the more bad***** you are" which is exactly what your perks are. you can have 5 loadouts and 9 perks to each customize compared to someone just starting that has 1 perk and 1 load out. if you can't see a difference then you are just ignorant. instead of being locked down to a set of armor or a single weapon, you have 5sets of armor and 9 ways out of the whole grid to customize each set. If that isn't advantage enough, or epic enough then you are in the wrong game. you aren't going to see any 36 man raids taking on only God knows what you all want, to get a drop or item for a mission, however you want it. I do agree this game has RPG elements but I don't think it is your "traditional" rpg, because of the TPS( third person shooter ) element, which includes perks. those are not RPG those are TPS elements.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Yea i agree with you there, probably my biggest gripe as well to be honest. weapons do scale with ego. if you remember what your common items where when you were ego 50, white weapon maybe 1 mod slot unlocked, 1000+ ego same weapon common white weapon 4 mod slots opened and has a nano effect. I would say that is the scaling factor.

Stoned Soldier
04-24-2013, 11:01 PM

And because of that, we feel underpowered. And I am ego1480 .the difference isn't so much in the weapons as in the perks and load out abilities. if you feel under powered at ego 1480 compared to ego 10 then you have some serious insecurity issues.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-26-2013, 02:59 AM
All I has to say is this.

This game, needs minigames.

More minigames.

It needs Tanks.

But most importantly....

It needs chicks in bathingsuits...

I like Pie

DanBowie
04-26-2013, 03:10 AM
This game needs to not describe itself as an mmo and just compare itself to games like borderland then no 1 would expect MMO like endgame.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-26-2013, 03:17 AM
This game needs to not describe itself as an mmo and just compare itself to games like borderland then no 1 would expect MMO like endgame.

it's called an MMOTPS.. not an MMORPG. so it describes itself fine. people just need to chill, most people want more raids, and such, things already in it they just want more of the good stuff. Fact is they need more, because otherwise people will beat this and toss it aside, which is the opposite of what Trion Worlds, wants to happen.

steadyhand08
04-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Biggest thing in this game is that people assume u level ur guns. That's wrong u in fact level your mods that u get out the lockboxes a gun decked out in blue mods will kick the pants out of a purple gun with no mods I think a lot more needs to be done to point this out

Stoned Soldier
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Biggest thing in this game is that people assume u level ur guns. That's wrong u in fact level your mods that u get out the lockboxes a gun decked out in blue mods will kick the pants out of a purple gun with no mods I think a lot more needs to be done to point this out
Im sorry man but can you be a bit more specific? are you saying as your ego gets higher you get better mods out of the lockboxs? yeah that is true but what are you talking about assuming leveling guns, because you do. and leveling your mods, because that you don't. if your talking about your weapon skill and how good your weapon is then it is a combination of the two. the higher ego the better effects or modslots weapons have a chance of having, which in turn will allow you to put more mods into that weapon without having to add modslots. Thus making your weapon really baddash. is that what you were getting at?

xNobodys_Herox
05-02-2013, 10:07 AM
This game HAS end game content already..... Farm better gear and PvP :) So you guys have hit EGO 4000 already? If not then your not at End Game :P Get to leveling! lol

IMRavnos
05-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Let's see if you still feel this way when you have ZERO side missions and your EGO rating is maxed and you have maxed all your weapon skills and ego perks.

Unless you enjoy sub par PvP. Warhawk has far superior third person shooter gameplay so I doubt many people will stick with Defiance once they are at END GAME if there is no END GAME.

I like Defiance. I'm just not in LOVE with Defiance and refuse to make excuses for the overwhelming amount of negative aspects the game has.

At least it's better then the T.V Show . . . . meh

Tayman
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
7 co-op, shadow war and 2 competitive with the third being released with updates. not to mention contracts, races, challenges and so forth. I really don't think majority of people playing this game are the MMORPG type of players you find in Franchise MMORPGs otherwise these comments you would never see.

Ok enough is enough.

Assumptions and more assumptions.

I hate when people list their past mmo's like it is a badge of pride. Just because you have played a game doesn't mean you weren't terrible at all of them. You're not the only person on this forum that has played MMO's since UO(Beta). Hell, you could have been a Trammelite for all we know.

With that said, you should know DAMN WELL what everyone is complaining about. Come on...

It looks like the forums are full of people trying to defend their belief system instead of coming to grips with the truth.

Grind ego for what? Bragging rights? I could have 100 ego rating and still smash a 4000 ego player in combat.
And unless you have played Lineage 2 or similiar MMOs, you have no idea what true grinding is. Wow grinding is laughable in comparison. The difference between grinding in those games and this game is a true reward. 9 perk slots to wtfsmash people in pvp that I am already destroying is unnecessary. It's just going to piss off new players even more when they face teams of people with insane gear and 9 perk slots.

You have to realize that most of the complaining is coming from people who WANT to see the game succeed. Those that don't give a *&^# have already left. Hell, go back to the starting area during prime time and count how many people you see. This is definitely a sign that new blood is not being pumped in like it should. Which is sad considering how much advertising the team is doing.

chrismeyer34
05-02-2013, 01:26 PM

i agree as well cuz even in regular rpg's the weapons scale with your character, hell you can even make them even better by making new weapons or hell my fav rpg on ps2 was rogue galaxy, where you can take 2 of the same weapon type say pistols that youve already maxed out exp wise and combine them to make an even better pistol, they just cant be 10 lvls or more than the lowest weapon in your inventory, now that kind of system would be awesome here and there was so many different types of weapons in that game, not to mention elements that are added to them as well..

it would also get rid of the " my inventory is full of crap " comments cuz then youd have a reason to take all that useless crap and combine it to make even better stuff, i mean look at the fallout series, you can take items you get from killin stuff to actually make custom weapons with them and thats an open world fpsrpg and it works awesome...i wish i had the tech know how and financial backing to make games cuz ive had ideas since the original nintendo lol, yes i am old lmao and games like this have a bright future, its just the people need to get a lil more creative and this game would be awesome to have a player housing much like the older final fantasy online games and you can have other people in your clan come in or friends and they can see your accomplishments and be like " damn dude!!!, how the hell did you get that shield/weapon? " then they themselves will go and work their ***** off to build their housing comparable to yours...itll give them incentive to grind and stay up late at night even though they have to be at work at 6 in the morning lol, not so much for braggin rights but to show others how hard work and late nights really pay off, i just dont see that here....

maybe im just an old guy who knows what he expects out of a so called mmotpsrpg or whatever this type of game is called and hasnt seen it lol, maybe this stuff will come out later on in dlc's or patches, would be nice though

xNobodys_Herox
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
"I could have 100 ego rating and still smash a 4000 ego player in combat."
I would be up for that challenge....

"And unless you have played Lineage 2 or similiar MMOs, you have no idea what true grinding is."
Played it when it was Open Beta up to the 2nd Expan... I agree, this game is not a real grind.

Stoned Soldier
05-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I would be up for that challenge....

Played it when it was Open Beta up to the 2nd Expan... I agree, this game is not a real grind.
I would actually pay 1million script to anyone below ego 500 to take on 2500ego and win. I will be the 2500ego to make sure of no conspiring after my script. still waiting for Open World PVP outside of Shadow War. Maybe have people pick an Alliance or stay neutral(PvE) but if you choose an Alliance, example Earth Republic then you would be able to attack opposing Alliances of Iranthians and such. that would be some good end-game. a mission or quest to become PvP, "CHOOSE YOUR ALLIANCE" open world raid Alliance vs Alliance, NPC and PC players pinned against each other. That would be awesome.

Rokea
05-13-2013, 08:33 AM
I beat it with a survivalist and outlaw and got the same pistol for each

Stoned Soldier
05-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I would actually pay 1million script to anyone below ego 500 to take on 2500ego and win. I will be the 2500ego to make sure of no conspiring after my script. still waiting for Open World PVP outside of Shadow War. Maybe have people pick an Alliance or stay neutral(PvE) but if you choose an Alliance, example Earth Republic then you would be able to attack opposing Alliances of Iranthians and such. that would be some good end-game. a mission or quest to become PvP, "CHOOSE YOUR ALLIANCE" open world raid Alliance vs Alliance, NPC and PC players pinned against each other. That would be awesome.
Here we go Ladies, Gents and only your Creator knows what you are in the back corner. DLC 1 is coming. sounds like they have been listening to the community. Here is some early start homework. http://www.dodgedefiance.com/ I went with the Echelon. Join the force.

General Sideboob
05-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Here we go Ladies, Gents and only your Creator knows what you are in the back corner. DLC 1 is coming. sounds like they have been listening to the community. Here is some early start homework. http://www.dodgedefiance.com/ I went with the Echelon. Join the force.

Thanks dude. I didn't know about this.

Stoned Soldier
05-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Np, hope we build up the Echelon Alliance.

DanBowie
05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Game has 0 endgame content so fails completely at being an mmo. Game has only 2 maps and 1 game mode for multiplayer so it would never qualify as a competitive shooter. This is a story game like halo and gears of war that you can play with friends, plain and simple. Once you beat story mode, THE END. Wheres clan matches or clan wars at? No clan support pfffft great game, NOT.

Rokea
05-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Game has 0 endgame content so fails completely at being an mmo. Game has only 2 maps and 1 game mode for multiplayer so it would never qualify as a competitive shooter. This is a story game like halo and gears of war that you can play with friends, plain and simple. Once you beat story mode, THE END. Wheres clan matches or clan wars at? No clan support pfffft great game, NOT.

WRONG! all mmo stands for is massive multiplayer online, last time I checked the game fills that requirement. As far as a story game thats the most ******ed thing I have ever heard, most games have a premise and a story so again you fail at your argument. I have beaten story mode twice and am still playing with others in co-op and pvp. SO go back to your xbox and troll somewhere else