PDA

View Full Version : Highscores on challenges are crazy?

lipe123
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
So I drove past one of those challenge things, something to do with sniping and I figured what the heck I'l ltry it.

I did so-so, prolly around 60% headshots and the ppl that I had to protect got singed a lil by those little A-holes with the gastanks on their backs but everyone got out.

So I get "Silver medal - 4050" as my result and then it shows the 3 top scores, all 3 exactly 211080(I think that was it, but i know it was just over 200k) from 3 different names.

Did I just really do that bad to have less than 10% of the top score or is there some kinda cheatery going on here?

Insanityplea
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
A lot of hotshots have a bug where if you have a weapon type of the same flavor (for this one, sniper rifle) equipped on your loadout, you can run out of ammo on the event gun then switch to your loadout weapon.

Also some people are just insane and get all headshots and keep the multiplier up the entire time.

I currently hold #2 on Dark Harvest in san fran. or did like 45minutes ago

Scarfe
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
The part I don't get is how high the high scores are on some of the challenges. I mean once I hit the score for gold I quit. Dam, the chicken one was irritating me so much I quit when I hit the silver score (well fired off the remainder of my bullets to end it) because it was getting on my t*ts to such a huge extent.

Blak
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I think it is a mixture of legit skilled players and flat out hackers.

I did one Hotshot last night and got a GOLD, mind you this is one of the HotShots everybody complains is so hard to even get silver.

I then look at the 3 top spots... 3rd place has 200kish 2nd place has 200kish...... 1st place...... 3million.

When I see a 1st place score like that I have to only assume they hacked some how... or the event bugged and they were able to exploit it. Either way the point disparity is so large that one cant assume they got a 3million score legit. If they did that is amazing and I would love to see a video.

Hemotosis
04-22-2013, 02:22 PM
could these be the ppl that have EGO in the 4-5k range?

WhiteCell
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
A lot of hotshots have a bug where if you have a weapon type of the same flavor (for this one, sniper rifle) equipped on your loadout, you can run out of ammo on the event gun then switch to your loadout weapon.

Also some people are just insane and get all headshots and keep the multiplier up the entire time.

I currently hold #2 on Dark Harvest in san fran. or did like 45minutes ago

Nice.

That happened to me once with a shotgun event. Now I know why.

lipe123
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I guess I never even paid attention to multipliers or anything haha!

I had a sniper equipped but the game forced me to use some crappy one I totally did not enjoy using and it had way to much ammo to run out.

Also @hemotosis what does the players ego rating have to do with it?

Hemotosis
04-22-2013, 05:18 PM
@hemotosis what does the players ego rating have to do with it?

because if you do the sniper event and you have an extremely high sniper rifle rating, run out of ammo, swap to your loadout sniper, you one shot everything.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
The first shotgun rampage is endless. You can keep going forever and ever. I got bored at about 2,000,000 points, but there were other people who'd decided that's how they wanted to spend their afternoon and had far more ridiculous scores. In short, some of these scores are based more on endurance, or perseverance.

djin
04-22-2013, 06:50 PM
This has been covered multiple times in the past.

The scores you are seeing are products of exploits, hacks, and bugs.

KashraFall
04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
So I drove past one of those challenge things, something to do with sniping and I figured what the heck I'l ltry it.

I did so-so, prolly around 60% headshots and the ppl that I had to protect got singed a lil by those little A-holes with the gastanks on their backs but everyone got out.

So I get "Silver medal - 4050" as my result and then it shows the 3 top scores, all 3 exactly 211080(I think that was it, but i know it was just over 200k) from 3 different names.

Did I just really do that bad to have less than 10% of the top score or is there some kinda cheatery going on here?

If you are speaking of the sniper with the 99'ers it is Bolinas Sniper.
The Max score is actually 22815 and that seems to be what people cap at.
This was with the utmost precision that I got this score and the top 3 people all had it so I can only imagine there is no higher. If you do see higher, it is a hack and nothing more.