PDA

View Full Version : Should I be treating this game like a Beta?

Iceberg
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
What I mean to say is, when I log in each day should I be submitting Bug reports on anything and everything I feel is wrong with the game? I usually do it with only major issues, losing guns, or character issues, but should I waste my time with the small things? Cosmetic hiccups, problems with trying to understand just what is going on in this game.

Do most of you just play the game and not worry about it and "just deal with it"?

Mineria
04-22-2013, 01:54 PM
You should always report in game issues to Trion that you stumble over, but as you already know, priority is: game breaking > cosmetic.

Natjur
04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Beta and early release are the same, full of bugs. But the number of bugs.... well there have been alot, but its starting to look better. There needs to be a better list of 'known' bugs. So we don't keep re logging the same old bugs

Dwane
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Yes, game was evidently rushed for the show.

m1lk
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
My honest opinion, you spent 60 bones like the rest of us. Your telling me your unsure as to whether you want your 60 bones deemed worthy?

Dude, submit everything you come across, personally I love the idea of this game. Support that love ;D

FearlessGuster
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes, game was evidently rushed for the show.

Honestly, every single MMO I've ever played has had complaints of being rushed, players paying to beta test, being shipped before it was ready, etc.. etc...

To have expectations of an MMO being "finished" when it publishes is foolish.

Tayce
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Every mmo (ever) should be treated like beta for the first 6 months.

Spencley
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
The game seems to be very much in an incomplete state, even for a game that progresses alongside a show... If we get a few Episode missions every 2 weeks thats still only a an hour or 2 every 2 weeks that you need to log in.

The game is plagued with bugs, Some trivial, some major and some that even when spending hard earned money rewards you with nothing... To which the support team then say you have opened the box... well no ****... the box opens automatically on purchases/redemption... the items not being granted have nothing to do with when you open it...

The support team as a whole seem to be just passing you from Live chat to in game support and then eventually closing the ticket without any sort of solution other then "wait"....

The lack of content we have now and what we can expect each week is still very small... Social aspects are terrible... Everything that makes a great MMO has been removed and then they attempted to add half arsed attempts at new things...

Vargas78
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I've not even had any problems so far. But i do get the impression that EU server has had less problems than the NA one. Maybe the population is lower and places less strain on it, but i dunno really. I get the impression that NA problem over the weekend may have had an element of foul play with someone trying to hack the server.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
What I mean to say is, when I log in each day should I be submitting Bug reports on anything and everything I feel is wrong with the game? I usually do it with only major issues, losing guns, or character issues, but should I waste my time with the small things? Cosmetic hiccups, problems with trying to understand just what is going on in this game.

Do most of you just play the game and not worry about it and "just deal with it"?

If I find a bug I write it up as a report. Then I carry on playing the game.

Iceberg
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Actually I spent 50 dollars :P but as far as deeming it worthy? I understand that MMO's are always in a constant state of flux with bugs and glitches, I would rather much enjoy the game rather than work by submitting reports every 5 mins. My main concerns is just like everyone elses, the UI, the chat, basic things that should have been addressed.

Ghostjeep
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Actually I spent 50 dollars :P but as far as deeming it worthy? I understand that MMO's are always in a constant state of flux with bugs and glitches, I would rather much enjoy the game rather than work by submitting reports every 5 mins. My main concerns is just like everyone elses, the UI, the chat, basic things that should have been addressed.

Don't assume that anyone else has submitted a bug report, even if they say they did. They probably intended to and forgot. If writing a bug report is too much work for you, then don't. But then your complaints should fall on deaf ears. If you're not used to mmo's then this is something you will have to endure, or not play. I don't want that to sound rude, I just mean it's something all players have to endure. And don't forget the fact that if 1 person out of 100k complains about something its likely to be over looked, but if 10k do then that's a
sizable problem.

p.s.
I loved you in Titanic.

Iceberg
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Don't assume that anyone else has submitted a bug report, even if they say they did. They probably intended to and forgot. If writing a bug report is too much work for you, then don't. But then your complaints should fall on deaf ears. If you're not used to mmo's then this is something you will have to endure, or not play. I don't want that to sound rude, I just mean it's something all players have to endure. And don't forget the fact that if 1 person out of 100k complains about something its likely to be over looked, but if 10k do then that's a
sizable problem.

p.s.
I loved you in Titanic.

Honestly the only MMO I ever played was Star wars, mostly I bought this game since most people kept comparing it to Borderlands. There is a learning curve for it, and it goes with the growing pains of a new game.

In general, when submitting a bug report, should I also include what platform I am on? Or will they just know it when the ticket is sent in? Also, would it matter if I put what server I am playing on? Their report system seems a bit bland, its just "Bug" then write whatever you want in this text box below.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Honestly the only MMO I ever played was Star wars, mostly I bought this game since most people kept comparing it to Borderlands. There is a learning curve for it, and it goes with the growing pains of a new game.

In general, when submitting a bug report, should I also include what platform I am on? Or will they just know it when the ticket is sent in? Also, would it matter if I put what server I am playing on? Their report system seems a bit bland, its just "Bug" then write whatever you want in this text box below.

It might help, but they can probably tell which platform you're on.

Tgreen
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Server and client architecture are very fragile.

Even when taking the step from beta to live there are things bound to break that were previosly working as inteded. The same goes for every larger content patch.
You should never underestimate the complexity of software like this, the simplest oversight can spawn severe issues and be very hard to weed out at the same time.

This is not a defense for Trion, I fully expect them to work their fingers to the bone fixing all the bugs. It is simply something to consider with every MMO game.

m1lk
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Give it a few months, it can't possibly get worse...and if it does, oh well. ESO is coming out this year.