PDA

View Full Version : ps3 by the wayside

EVIL ELVIS
04-22-2013, 02:08 PM
the lack of attention from trion to ps3 players has become unacceptable . the servers seam noticeably more empty . cant complete armistice day events because no patch and we are unable to play cap and hold . my rollers have been reset 2 times already as well as my runners . my friends are leaving the game because its glitched bad voip still don't work like they said it would meanwhile xbox and pc get updates Daly like everyone used to we don't even get server maintenance daily like the first 2 weeks to fix things this tells me trion cares not about ps3 players I'm really pissed Ive lost weapons out of my hands after logging out and coming back the next day and submitting a ticket on it I was giving a generic letter telling me they where closing my ticket because it was a known bug as well as the ticket I submitted on the 64 keycodes I lost buying a t4 lock box and not even getting the lock box this is piss poor customer service the weapon I lost our of my hands was the top notch tool works saw that I added 2 mod slots and put synergy mods in so I'm out a lot of scrip recourses rep and time farming the rep you are really blowing it TRION keep this up and I don't have much left in me to keep playing this game even though I love it a few more **** ups is all it gonna take

kmg90
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Wonder how long before this topic magically disappears...

(I just posted on this exact topic and it just went poof within 10 minutes of posting it)

shotgunEX
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Inb4lock
/10

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Wonder how long before this topic magically disappears...

(I just posted on this exact topic and it just went poof within 10 minutes of posting it)

Probably the reason is there are tons of these already. If your going to post about a topic already up, do not make a new topic, post in the exsisting ones. Good idea, yea? :]

brycemorr84
04-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Um the PS3 has no different content then the PC/360. Yes the PC/360 version did get patched today which puts the PS3 3 patches behind already. All three of the those patches are for known bugs. Just be paitent from what it sounds like it might be sometime tonight or tomorrow when we get those three patches.

Wee_murray05
04-22-2013, 02:19 PM
the lack of attention from trion to ps3 players has become unacceptable . the servers seam noticeably more empty . cant complete armistice day events because no patch and we are unable to play cap and hold . my rollers have been reset 2 times already as well as my runners . my friends are leaving the game because its glitched bad voip still don't work like they said it would meanwhile xbox and pc get updates Daly like everyone used to we don't even get server maintenance daily like the first 2 weeks to fix things this tells me trion cares not about ps3 players I'm really pissed Ive lost weapons out of my hands after logging out and coming back the next day and submitting a ticket on it I was giving a generic letter telling me they where closing my ticket because it was a known bug as well as the ticket I submitted on the 64 keycodes I lost buying a t4 lock box and not even getting the lock box this is piss poor customer service the weapon I lost our of my hands was the top notch tool works saw that I added 2 mod slots and put synergy mods in so I'm out a lot of scrip recourses rep and time farming the rep you are really blowing it TRION keep this up and I don't have much left in me to keep playing this game even though I love it a few more **** ups is all it gonna take

I don't know what you are getting at with the servers being noticeably less busy. I played 3 shadow wars this evening and two ark falls were there wasn't room to swing a dead cat it was so busy.

As for the glitches i'm pretty sure the PC and Xbox versions still have the same issues and the patch for the PS3 need approval from Sony before it can be put in to our version of the game.

I can honestly say that I don't think Trion are ignoring PS3 players. If you want an example of how difficult it can be to fix issues on the PS3 compared to the Xbox or PS3 look no further than the debacle that was the Skyrim DLC. It took Bethesda months to get the PS3 versions working. How long has it been since the other platforms got the patch? A week?

I'd say it might be time to get down off your high horse.

RegularX
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't know what you are getting at with the servers being noticeably less busy. I played 3 shadow wars this evening and two ark falls were there wasn't room to swing a dead cat it was so busy.

As for the glitches i'm pretty sure the PC and Xbox versions still have the same issues and the patch for the PS3 need approval from Sony before it can be put in to our version of the game.

I can honestly say that I don't think Trion are ignoring PS3 players. If you want an example of how difficult it can be to fix issues on the PS3 compared to the Xbox or PS3 look no further than the debacle that was the Skyrim DLC. It took Bethesda months to get the PS3 versions working. How long has it been since the other platforms got the patch? A week?

I'd say it might be time to get down off your high horse.

Agreed - the servers were pretty full last night. Some of the usual issues with coop, but I still got 2 Shadow Wars out of the deal.

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Agreed - the servers were pretty full last night. Some of the usual issues with coop, but I still got 2 Shadow Wars out of the deal.

agreed to the agreeing agree'r...lol, but I think we ps3ers are lucky to a point, let the pc an 360s get the bugs, let sony work for us an Trion so we the ps3ers can live, laugh an learn with this to be patient. there are alot of ppl on the us servers, maybe you are a EU player I can only guess. but yes there are alot of issues going on, but skyrim was afkn fiasco, I havent gone back to that game once. breathe an this too shall pass

Extix666
04-22-2013, 03:03 PM
i feel bad for all these people losing weapons and stuff like that when ive been playing since launch and my biggest complaint is the server crashes and the stutter lag step but ive never lost a weapon and i rarley use my mic for any game so really the chat matters little to me but shadow wars ive always gotten in same with the deathmatch yes im getting a little impatient with waiting for the patches but i consider my self pretty lucky after seeing all these posts i hope alot of these people will come back to the game or pull out some more patience

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 03:04 PM
agreed to the agreeing agree'r...lol, but I think we ps3ers are lucky to a point, let the pc an 360s get the bugs, let sony work for us an Trion so we the ps3ers can live, laugh an learn with this to be patient. there are alot of ppl on the us servers, maybe you are a EU player I can only guess. but yes there are alot of issues going on, but skyrim was afkn fiasco, I havent gone back to that game once. breathe an this too shall pass

At this point shouldn't all PS3er's be patient anyway? Its like owning a PS3 qualifies you to be a Jedi.. Hm..

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
At this point shouldn't all PS3er's be patient anyway? Its like owning a PS3 qualifies you to be a Jedi.. Hm..

lol, well a sith assassin at least, but I have been patient this I have, even though lost wpns I have hmm, many times. The Bear of Jacks says he, but of Jager is Myk says you? pssh I has patients I do, so where is it...its in my pocket with my fknCOOKIES!! :) an I wants it nows, nasty mean HOBITSes takes my PRECIOIUSsss (there you can now have a cross reference of my two fav genre) Oh an dont forget to watch Defiance tonight!!

Sheridans
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I think that Trion is working hard behind the curtains to fix the issues at hand. I really don't have much to complain about. For the most part the game seems to work just fine. I think the servers are more stable than they were two weeks ago. The arkfall lag I experienced then is now pretty much non existing.

My only complaint is the sheer repetitness of the game content. Hope they will bring more diversity in the game.

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 03:18 PM
lol, well a sith assassin at least, but I have been patient this I have, even though lost wpns I have hmm, many times. The Bear of Jacks says he, but of Jager is Myk says you? pssh I has patients I do, so where is it...its in my pocket with my fknCOOKIES!! :) an I wants it nows, nasty mean HOBITSes takes my PRECIOIUSsss (there you can now have a cross reference of my two fav genre) Oh an dont forget to watch Defiance tonight!!

Agreed Defiance Tonight! But on a side note, your picture.. Get'cha Pull :]. R.I.P Dimebag. Ever noticed the similarites between Yoda and Smeagel? Hm..

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Agreed Defiance Tonight! But on a side note, your picture.. Get'cha Pull :]. R.I.P Dimebag. Ever noticed the similarites between Yoda and Smeagel? Hm..

SDMF. R.I.P. I also got my CFH tat on my right arm. But ya thanks, but I love them both (yoda&Smeagel that is), great creative genius who thought of them.

FNL4EVA23
04-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Um the PS3 has no different content then the PC/360. Yes the PC/360 version did get patched today which puts the PS3 3 patches behind already. All three of the those patches are for known bugs. Just be paitent from what it sounds like it might be sometime tonight or tomorrow when we get those three patches.

You do know they do different daily updates on server side to. google rules.

Dirt Nap
04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Had to laugh at the mod comment on one of the threads they locked.
Go here for more details: (Link with no details).

XM193
04-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Please remember the "big" patch was submitted to Sony over a week ago and is still pending approval so any subsequent patches will also be held up. Patches need to be tested in a real environment so the first will have to be executed before next can be QT'ed. Ironically that's kinda what screwed the other platforms' servers up. Kinda.

You guys should be praising Sony for thoroughly testing their patches before release, PC and XBAWKS are having tons of problems and have had servers down multiple times per day since it was released. At least we can still play AND farm random encounters for keycards. I'm really not looking forward to the across the board weapons nerf myself...

Seriously, it's not on Trion for this and any subsequent patch delays and delays aren't always a bad thing, grasshopper.

dalendria
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM
I can honestly say that I don't think Trion are ignoring PS3 players. If you want an example of how difficult it can be to fix issues on the PS3 compared to the Xbox or PS3 look no further than the debacle that was the Skyrim DLC. It took Bethesda months to get the PS3 versions working.

I want the patch asap as well. However, I can understand the delay given the problems it caused on the other platforms.

Also, you are so right about the challenges with patching a PS3 game. It took me 7 months to finish Fallout New Vegas on PS3. 7 months because the game was so broke for me and others. The patches took forever and did not fix some of the major game-breaking bugs that were blocking my progress.

The only reason I picked this up for PS3 is because of the driving. I can handle a game car better with the PS3 controller. Plus I can invite some of my PS3 friends to play.

Lorx7
04-22-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't know if this apples here but Ps3 is very hard to work with. While 360 and PC are almost the same. So if a Patch works on pc/360 it can still not work on PS3.

Look at Skyrim They can't get the DLC to work at all. on top of that Sony need to get the patch first then approve it. Plus they like to release thing on there time frame. I'm not blaming Sony but there is good reason why its taking so long. there been other game where they had to skip patch while the 360 it already been out

It's not like they are in the office like.
Coder #1 Hey its friday want to work on the PS3 patch.
Coder#2 No its half day party day at work pssss f ps3

SGTquig
04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
SDMF. R.I.P. I also got my CFH tat on my right arm. But ya thanks, but I love them both (yoda&Smeagel that is), great creative genius who thought of them.

Strength.
Determination.
Merciless.
Forever.

Ironically CFH was our motto in basic training. Fun times as an Outlaw, but I got tired of running to "Walk" and Sonic Brew. BLS was meant for shooting stuff and drinking to, not running. :]

Sajuk
04-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Please remember the "big" patch was submitted to Sony over a week ago and is still pending approval so any subsequent patches will also be held up. Patches need to be tested in a real environment so the first will have to be executed before next can be QT'ed. Ironically that's kinda what screwed the other platforms' servers up. Kinda.

You guys should be praising Sony for thoroughly testing their patches before release, PC and XBAWKS are having tons of problems and have had servers down multiple times per day since it was released. At least we can still play AND farm random encounters for keycards. I'm really not looking forward to the across the board weapons nerf myself...

Seriously, it's not on Trion for this and any subsequent patch delays and delays aren't always a bad thing, grasshopper.

I think gamers know that Sony is testing the patch, but it's the lack of information from Trion that many are upset about.
Look at Trion's first week info this info that, weeks later nothing.

System_Nuked
04-22-2013, 07:55 PM
More to come on the patches in the next few days.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?47826-PS3-Patch-1.010-thru-Patch-1.012-Update

Jardian
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
I think gamers know that Sony is testing the patch, but it's the lack of information from Trion that many are upset about.
Look at Trion's first week info this info that, weeks later nothing.

Sorry but it has nothing to do with Sony thats a BS excuse some troll started and people ran with it.

Raepok
04-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I must confess I am starting to get nervous.

Murton
04-23-2013, 01:05 AM

Bethesda games should never be used as an example when discussing technical quality or level of support for PS3 games. The sole reason that it took Bethesda so long to get the DLC running in the first place is because the core game was never designed to run on a PS3, at all. Todd Howard himself admitted that the game's memory footprint was larger than the amount of memory available on the PS3 but didn't do enough to address it. Truth be told Skyrim was an Xbox 360 game forced to run on PS3 hardware and the massive memory issues that still plague the game today are proof of that. To say that the delays in DLC or patches were in any way connected to the alleged difficulty of PS3 development is basically an excuse to developers for their own laziness and/or incompetence or worse, plain lack of interest.

From what I'm seeing of patches for this game it would appear that they target specific bugs, so with the 360 version having so many issues there have of course been a couple extra patches, the fixes in those patches that apply to us should make it here in due course.

Covington
04-23-2013, 05:27 AM
I would consider us lucky, the 360/PC crowd seems to have more glitches than we did in Beta/Alpha.

Least we can play the game with fewer interruptions.

Now if they just fixed the social side (never did find my group they seemed to be on the wrong layer) all will be good.

brycemorr84
04-23-2013, 06:28 AM
You do know they do different daily updates on server side to. google rules.

You do know that the PS3 is missing 3 Client Side patches right? Do you also realize some server side patches require the client side to also be patch in order to function properly.