PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials + Lag = Rage.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 04:24 PM
That moment when you finish a time trial with the same times as the top leaderboards..
and then due to lag it pushes your finished time up 5 - 10 seconds..

http://oi34.tinypic.com/353b8sx.jpg

Yeah..
Well don't worry.
I'm not directing my anger at the devs.. I know they're working hard to fix everything as it is.
I'm just simply saying that it needs to be known and addressed.

For those of you that'll say it's my internet, it's not.
With a 65 mbps download speed and a 10 mbps upload speed, i'm pretty sure my internet is just fine.. The only problem is my connection to the servers. Be it location or distance, some type of lag compensation should definitely be added in.

ForeignPatriot
04-22-2013, 04:27 PM
ProTip: If you see ANY delay when starting the trial (the countdown) abandon and try again.

I almost passed a kidney stone trying to finish gold in Mine Alley with a 12 sec delay...

El Horse
04-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I was getting upwards of 6 seconds when I was doing them. I tried just after a server restart and only had 1 or 2 seconds lag. If you're lucky enough to be around just after a server restart, you could try then. Just about managed it even with the emergencies spawning in the middle of checkpoint gates for the San Fran ones. Glad it's out the way and the black Dodge is safely tucked away!

Brodaki
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I was having the same issue, you blow away the gold time and have it only give you silver. I had to wait till 4am for the servers to mellow out, but then I was able to run them all and breeze through them on both my toons. But keep at it man and you'll get it, good luck bro.

Smitch
04-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Yes...this is really annoying when you get a decent time....And then have an additional 9-15 seconds added on top because the race was slow to kick off...Seems to time it from the moment you spawn on the bike, not from when it says "GO!" :/

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
ProTip: If you see ANY delay when starting the trial (the countdown) abandon and try again.

I almost passed a kidney stone trying to finish gold in Mine Alley with a 12 sec delay...

I've only been able to barely get gold on some of the easier Time Trials. I've tried playing at 3am and even then I only noticed a second or two difference. I don't even want the black dodge that much! I just want to be able to complete these damn pursuits! Haha, I'll keep at it though. I'll get it eventually.. (hopefully)

Brodaki
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Also it helps to have your runner at least lvl 11, the added boost and boost regen will shave some time off.

VonTreece
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, i've been working a ton on leveling my runners. I only got it to level 10 at the moment, but I can say without a doubt that it's made a huge difference in my times when racing.

Smitch
04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Just dinged 20 myself. Hopefully it doesn't bug out from there... O.O I'm currently just trying to get silver for the area pursuits. Though I did manage to *just* get Gold on Mine Alley which I have heard others complain about a lot. >.< Probably a complete fluke heh. Work on the car once the timer works right...

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Just dinged 20 myself. Hopefully it doesn't bug out from there... O.O I'm currently just trying to get silver for the area pursuits. Though I did manage to *just* get Gold on Mine Alley which I have heard others complain about a lot. >.< Probably a complete fluke heh. Work on the car once the timer works right...

Yeah, i'm trying to get gold in them all so that I can get the black challenger now.. But that's proving to be nearly impossible with the 10+ second lag.. I've managed to get a few more golds last night during it's off-peak hours. Hope I can pull it off for the rest of them too..

EDIT: Yeah.. on top of the lag, it makes it pretty hard to get a good time when there are 4 arkfalls going on and a ton of events blocking the trial's path..

http://oi34.tinypic.com/24zaqe1.jpg