i hate this SH*T
this is THE worse one yet

totally hate it

+ crappy gun
+ low ammo
+ you lose round randomly
+ 8000 for silver? ...to much

gah

I thought the same thing when i first started it, it is actually quite easy once you figure out the rythme of it. I used Assassin's Cache for ammo, if you lose your multiplier you might as well just give up and restart it. I tend to hide behind the chicken coops where they start spawning for the best vantage point.

Tayce
04-22-2013, 04:54 PM
I use the two buildings and the raider drill thingy that the rraiders spawn from.
Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to get silver.
(+Use a respark/rebel shield).

Verios44
04-22-2013, 05:03 PM
This one is actually easy compared to some of the others "cough" Sharpshooting Savior...soo many glitches.

Warlander
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
yes it is one of the tougher ones took me 4 tries to get gold which is at least 2 more than most took, you really need to get the timing of the enemies right and make sure to grab ammo.

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
This one is actually easy compared to some of the others "cough" Sharpshooting Savior...soo many glitches.

Is sharpshooting savior the one in the smelter factory or the one with the super voltan cloak when you aim down the sight gun?

Verios44
04-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Is sharpshooting savior the one in the smelter factory or the one with the super voltan cloak when you aim down the sight gun?

Smelter factory one is bolinas sniper.

Yea its the one with the wierd looking scope on a voltan semi auto

Jack The Bear
04-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Smelter factory one is bolinas sniper.

Yea its the one with the wierd looking scope on a voltan semi auto

Ah gotcha, i love that gun.. That should be a unique weapon in the game. That would give me a real reason to grind stuff to buy or loot it, Cloak when you aim? Yes Please! :]. On a side note, yes that hotshot was a bit of a pain..

Anim
04-22-2013, 05:15 PM
This is probably the one that actually made me pause, think about it and come back to it. The big trick I found to it was getting multiple kills in one shot whilst being able to pick up the dropped ammo. From there you can just let the mobs build up at key spawn points and take the occasional shot to keep the multiplier up.

Draugluin
04-22-2013, 05:59 PM
As mentioned, Assassin's Cache as well as Scavenger perks help, because 90% of the time reloading bugs and you lose your precious ammo. Other than that re-re-re-reloading means your multiplier dies.

Reloading bug simply ruins this one. It's not very encouraging to try this while you're at mercy of god of luck to avoid reloading bug to end your game any given time. It usually happens before you can hit gold.

cluggy
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM
whoa whoa whoa, moonshine shack? pick up ammo? when i done it you couldn't "pick up" any ammo, you got 1 shell for each raider you kill, this was only last night

Draugluin
04-23-2013, 06:11 AM
whoa whoa whoa, moonshine shack? pick up ammo? when i done it you couldn't "pick up" any ammo, you got 1 shell for each raider you kill, this was only last night

Did you have got Scavenger perk active?

Era
04-23-2013, 06:20 AM
I've golded every challenge with ease or practice except the god damn chicken one which I just exploited (and shamelessly I might add, pistol is my best weapon and I could barely bronze).

My trick for this one was to camp the digger spawn in the bottom left of the map and sweep around the cover on the left side for more kills to keep your combo up if there is a lull.

illgot
04-23-2013, 06:23 AM
I got gold but only because of a shield bug that made my shield regenerate instantly.

But to pass it legit it helps to get Assassins Cache (generates ammo every time you make a kill with a crit). That helped a lot. Respark Shield helps as well.

Salvador
04-23-2013, 06:23 AM
this one took me over an hour of cursing and hair tearing. they need to lower the silver from 8000 to like 4-5k. i didnt manage to make silver until some weird bug happened where only half the enemies spawned. then and only then did i survive long enough to get silver.

Rebel Raven
05-01-2013, 12:35 AM
30k in scrip for respecs, and I fianlly managed it... and I don't quite understand how since I didn't really change my style too much that failed so many times earlier (I'm slow to adapt :P) of running, and gunning, doing a circuit or two around the main shack, then hiding out a bit at the digger porch side with the chicken coops next to it.
I didn't even see the Hulker timer. I just looked at my score, and was surprised as hell.

Perkwise I used Detachment III, scavenger III, Cellular Armor III, Regeneration III, Escape Artist III, and failsafe III.

Luckily on my way to there, I found a Rebel Regenerator II D. The fast charge helped a lot as did it's 1411 shield capacity.

It's a PITA. I'm glad it's over with. I'll prolly never repeat what I just did. I'm pretty damn terrible, and lucky. Now to make 10k in scrip so I can respec again. <.<

PhonJam
05-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Why does moonshine shack bronze 2000 jump to 8000 for silver (4X!!!!!!)? I've scored endless bronze since 2000 is doable, but 8000... with hulkers, blinding dust, raiders either hidden or magically appearing behind, missile shots that can turn corners, absurd spamming of raiders when cornered to flank all options, poor shotgun response to trigger pulls, some raiders who require two or three direct hits to take a kill... This challenge is clearly designed to not be completed. I've invested at least 50 hours trying to get silver and the closest I got was 7850 which was sheer luck. My average score is around 5000. Bronze, bronze, bronze,.... shxx!!!! At least lower the silver to 7000. I would have completed it a month ago.

ItISLupus
05-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Its not that hard

I beat 8k in like 5 attempts

QYB

PhonJam
05-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Well, you are good. :-)

ParanoiaHades86
05-28-2013, 02:14 AM
dear god
i hate this SH*T
this is THE worse one yet

totally hate it

+ crappy gun
+ low ammo
+ you lose round randomly
+ 8000 for silver? ...to much

gah

I agree with that. I'm still having problems keeping up with amo the closest I've got was 6480 there's barely any strategy to get around them with 1/3 amo in your slot if other people say they passed it I say they either Cheated(glitched) or aimbot(headshots only)
this needs fixed and patched. I've been doing this same one for the past month and I would always end up with 10-2400 this is just retarted. I've completed every other hotshot but this crap challenge

Tessien
05-28-2013, 02:32 AM

I used to have no problems getting gold in sharpshooting savior, but I went and tried it a few times today and had a much harder time getting gold in it. It ends early for one thing, you start with 100 rounds of ammo, but it ends after you have used ~60 rounds even if all the civilians are still alive.

Got gold 2/8 tries, but I definitely used to have a much easier time with it. Your shooting has to be almost perfect with the amount of ammo you get for it now...basically no misses and nearly all headshots on the tough mobs so you don't have to use 2 rounds to kill them or you won't get gold. If you lose your multiplier at any time, just start over, you aren't getting gold.

If you actually got the 100 rounds you are supposed to have, it would be easy. I think I used to get the full 100 rounds because I used to have no problems getting gold on that one.

Arsenic_Touch
05-28-2013, 02:37 AM
Counter clockwise. Learn to use cover. Always try to hit at least 2 with one shot. Once you get to the chicken cages, you can pop out and hit them in the yard and pop back and keep your multiplier. Took a while to get the hang of it but it's not that bad.

PhonJam
06-02-2013, 04:22 AM
You really need to select the correct perks. Play close attention to the perk recommendations in this forum. Just search for moonshine shack and you will find a good number of these recommendations.