PDA

View Full Version : Big Question about Defiance and the next gen consoles

Upinya Slayin
04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
So i heard that defiance will be available for the next gen consoles. and i plan on buying one. SO i have a few questions

1) will you be able to play the current gen version (backwards compatable) i have a 360 and plan on getting the new xbox

2) will your character be able to stay the same from the current gen version (won't have to start over)

3) When i transfer the content (DLC etc) will it transfer to the new system?

Defy
04-22-2013, 04:39 PM
where did you hear that?

Skydon
04-22-2013, 04:41 PM
PS3 isn't backwards compatible and it doesn't look good for Xbox either.

ForeignPatriot
04-22-2013, 04:44 PM
So i heard that defiance will be available for the next gen consoles. and i plan on buying one. SO i have a few questions

1) will you be able to play the current gen version (backwards compatable) i have a 360 and plan on getting the new xbox

2) will your character be able to stay the same from the current gen version (won't have to start over)

3) When i transfer the content (DLC etc) will it transfer to the new system?

Not much is know about the next gen's xbox's architecture which means that a developer can't give you a concrete answer on backwards compatibility, you'd have to ask Microsoft.

Also, where did you hear that Defiance would be available on these new consoles? It seems a little crazy that they would commit to such a big project (porting to both, though it should be easier with the PS4) when they haven't gotten their act together with the current systems and don't yet know if this game has a bright future..

Skydon
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
They have hinted at it being ported before and they would have to or the game would die quickly on consoles

Brodaki
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Im gonna go with
1.No
2.No
3.No

With as little backwards compatibility that the 360 had, I highly doubt the nextbox will even bother. But in all honesty this is only a guess, no one will know for sure until its out.

Skydon
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
You will have to wait for E3.

Upinya Slayin
04-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Im gonna go with
1.No
2.No
3.No

With as little backwards compatibility that the 360 had, I highly doubt the nextbox will even bother. But in all honesty this is only a guess, no one will know for sure until its out.

they could learn from their mistakes

Kleptobrainiac
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I would transition from pc but only for the Wii U.

imbobby74
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Trion has said it is a very good possibility Defiance will make it's way to next gen. Your saves for Defiance are on the server like all MMO games, and is tied to your Gamertag. If you take your gamertag with you to a friends console, you can play your character with all your items. This means you could have your character transfer to the next gen xbox if they want, the question is will the next xbox share servers and be able to play with the 360 community or be on its own servers. If the game is the same, but just looks better I am sure it will be shared. Most people believe the next xbox will not play xbox 360 games.