PDA

View Full Version : season Pass question

Upinya Slayin
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
I was reading the 50 page thread and there were conflicting things. i was hoping somebody could give me a straight answer

Is it true that the season pass doesn't give any missions or things like that, everyone will get those for free and the season pass only gives you weapons and outfits??

Multigun
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
That's the general census yes. We only know this via what the devs have stated. They basically said that they don't want to keep people who bought the season pass from those who did as far as actual content/missions/new areas are concerned.

Upinya Slayin
04-22-2013, 05:34 PM
That's the general census yes. We only know this via what the devs have stated. They basically said that they don't want to keep people who bought the season pass from those who did as far as actual content/missions/new areas are concerned.

so it sounds like a waste of 40 bucks unless we got soemthign real cool. also 10GBs of content for free seems alot, and what if someone just doens't downlaod it, it still keeps them.

i brought the MS points but now i feel like it might be a waste to purcahse the DLC.

Pyth
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
You also get a hat and a Tier 2 Lock box.

Yeah...

Edit: And that's only if it actually works. Many people have had issues claiming those items.

Kleptobrainiac
04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
You also get a hat and a Tier 2 Lock box.

A Tier 2 Lock Box!!!!

Don't forget the secret new playable race.

DAWG
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I've been thinking about this myself recently. I do enjoy the game, however having purchased the season pass, and then hearing what you get against what the non purchasers get; it does sound like a huge waste of money. From what I can ascertain season pass gets you new skins, lets face it weapons don't get better, not really, so it's not as though people will be gimped by not getting to use gear from the new DLC. New outfits, unless they are the ultimate in cool I really don't see them being worth a squirt of pish either.

Dack
04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm waiting till they fix the major issues with the game before I buy anything. Also would like some info on what it actually will be in the season pass. Not paying $40 blindly.

Pyth
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Not paying $40 blindly.
That's the entire market strategy of Season Passes though.

Games have limited lifespans, just as gamers have limited attention spans. It's better to give you 20% off now and have you purchase all of the DLC than to have you walk away after paying $10 for the first one.

Unless of course you think that you'll thoroughly enjoy this game for rest of the time that servers stay online, then it's a savings.

Wtflag
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
I actually regretted buying the season pass. I still like this game despite some bugs and avoidable annoyance. But I don't think the $40 was good investment. That is unless they give me this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_cover.jpg (I already got the face)

Upinya Slayin
04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
So in short. nobody can actually say what is in the season pass?

Antomus
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
From what I gather, those who do not purchase the DLC will be able to visit any new areas associated and will, since they can go there, have some things to do while in the areas. However, having the Season Pass or DLC will grant MANY things not available to those without it.

"Trion has posted details on a season pass for Defiance, its MMO-meets-a-TV-show project in conjunction with SyFy. The season pass will cost players $39.99 and enable access to the game's first five DLC packs, which will include a new playable alien species, along with lots of new weapons, vehicles, missions, and other rewards. Plus, pass buyers get two bonus items: a digital Hellbug combat cap, and an extra Lock Box (which is a sealed container in the game for a chance at another item)."
source (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/trion-offering-a-defiance-season-pass-with-dlc-new-species-and/)

So, there will not only be cosmetic rewards like outfits and vehicles, but there will also be a new race, new weapons and new content in the form of missions that are only available to those who purchase the DLC.

Soobydoo
04-24-2013, 10:32 AM

Yup, unless they are from the future or have inside information from the Devs it's mostly speculation based on what information is available at the moment.

MacDeath
04-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Those that know aren't allowed to say. Those that say don't know.

Niquara
04-24-2013, 10:39 AM
the description of the season pass in stores mentions new missions..... it'd break advertising rules in all territories if there therefore weren't dlc owners exclusive missions....

DCUO did the same (defiance pretty much seems to be following their business model).... DLC gave extra instances which dont really give players an advantage as such.... just different things to go and kill-- you'll still be able to get the same xp etc from doing the old missions if you prefer...

But the devs have also said it unlocks exclusive weapons/vehicles and of course a new race too...

Its something that'll be nice to have is all,,, but not vital to continuing defiance