PDA

View Full Version : Mod and Synergy Questions

FlamingNinja007
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I was wondering if certain synergies only exist on certain weapons, and if certain synergies are harder to find than others. I was also wondering if each weapon and synergy come with a specific attribute or nano-effect too. For example, does the Assassin synergy only come with the "elemental" nano-effect? Also, are there purple mods?

Warlander
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Im at ego 2100, aver 200h played, ive NEVER seen a mod other with a synergy other than Brutal, (other than faction vendor ones)
buying from the lock box set is broken like much of the game.

but synergy mods are the same as regular mods and come in rarities as well, although never seen a purple mod just up to blue, like i have a blue with the brutal synergy.

Skydon
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Can I add a question into this. When you attack a mod which has a synergy on it why does the synergy not show up. It makes it so later when I look at my gun I don't know what synergy it has on or what mod it was on.

Warlander
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Can I add a question into this. When you attack a mod which has a synergy on it why does the synergy not show up. It makes it so later when I look at my gun I don't know what synergy it has on or what mod it was on.

You cant add a synergy mod to a weapon that doesnt already have that synergy bonus applied.
Your gun will say synergy blah blah, then you need to find the corresponding mod to get the bonus, up to 4 mods all the same.

Darth Haighter
04-22-2013, 05:00 PM
only other mod i've seen in lockbox has been "Run and Gun" but at and 80% brutal to 20% run. hope they fix this soon can't seem to find assassin or stalker or anything else that isn't sold from a vendor specifically....but at 100 units of which ever factions currency...seems like too much to pay/earn for too little received

Skydon
04-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Why do they fail to tell us this information. I used a few random synergy mods on an orange shotgun and now they are just normal mods.

Warlander
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Why do they fail to tell us this information. I used a few random synergy mods on an orange shotgun and now they are just normal mods.

correct, but I thought it mentions this stuff in the in game help? but i could be wrong.

Skydon
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Who reads game help? That's why game manuals have died. I may sound old but the old days were better when you went to the toilet reading the 100 page manuals to find new ways to play.

Warlander
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Who reads game help? That's why game manuals have died. I may sound old but the old days were better when you went to the toilet reading the 100 page manuals to find new ways to play.

Im with you on that, I miss getting home with a new game and heading straight for the ****ter lol

Arsenic_Touch
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM

Toilet? hell, I'd take the manual or game guide to school, read it cover to cover during class, then play the game when I got home.

Skydon
04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Ah the good old days. Real games back then. Playing Rayman until the sun came back up.

FlamingNinja007
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm level 960, and I have found drops of almost every synergy besides Assassin. Do drops get better with higher level? I read the in-game help, and it does mention the synergies, but it does not mention the other things stated. It also says that gear rarity is based on color, but it does not tell the color... I know that answer now, but it would have been handy to have in the "help." Maybe, that's their way of getting players onto the forums?

Skydon
04-22-2013, 05:27 PM
More and more games require some sort of other media to get your help and info which is annoying. If I want to find out when and what the next patch is I have to go to twitter or here. Why not have a notice board of up to date info on it?

Draugluin
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm level 960, and I have found drops of almost every synergy besides Assassin. Do drops get better with higher level? I read the in-game help, and it does mention the synergies, but it does not mention the other things stated. It also says that gear rarity is based on color, but it does not tell the color... I know that answer now, but it would have been handy to have in the "help." Maybe, that's their way of getting players onto the forums?

Weapons do get slightly better. You can have synergies with extra bonuses on greens etc. Also, I have noticed that those bonuses could be slightly better on their rarity level compared to lower EGO weaponry. For example, 0.85 times reload speed on greens. Could be patch, or could be EGO rating. I needed to make an alt to see the difference.

FlamingNinja007
04-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Weapons do get slightly better. You can have synergies with extra bonuses on greens etc. Also, I have noticed that those bonuses could be slightly better on their rarity level compared to lower EGO weaponry. For example, 0.85 times reload speed on greens. Could be patch, or could be EGO rating. I needed to make an alt to see the difference.

So, you saw a difference?

Draugluin
04-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Once I hit the road with my alt. Regrettably I was talking about all intentions, but I am sending my alt live and will report the findings, unless no one new character can submit that information already.

FlamingNinja007
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Once I hit the road with my alt. Regrettably I was talking about all intentions, but I am sending my alt live and will report the findings, unless no one new character can submit that information already.

Thank you.