PDA

View Full Version : Learn how to be the first player to cross from the game to the show?

Defy
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I got an email from Defiance it says "After the show, watch Across the Badlands"

Learn how to be the first player to cross from game to show!

http://www.defiance.com/live

anyone know whats that about

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 05:41 PM
after the first across the badlands, i was dissapointed. heres hoping that this episode can finally go on topic with interesting convos and of course, an awesome giveaway.

Dirt Nap
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I doubt they're going to let a character named Archduke VonShart on the show.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I doubt they're going to let a character named Archduke VonShart on the show.or l33tjoesnipez11x

PoLeo
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Or PoonPunisher69.

Defy
04-22-2013, 06:17 PM
would be cool to have your char in the show

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:18 PM
would be cool to have your char in the showno doubt, just find someone who looks like your char lol

TH3STEVE
04-22-2013, 06:22 PM
I want to be first! They need a Steve lol!

Orge Lambart
04-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Totally should pick my alt character Harry Saches

Anderson
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
I played against a guy in PvP named "IMGOINGINDRY".

If anyone deserves to be a character on the show, it's him.

Kitten Mittons
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
no doubt, just find someone who looks like your char lol

lol I was thinking something along the same lines. So many people look so similar that a ton of people might as well be chosen at once. They probably won't use the name, so who's to say who it is? "Gosh, it's a guy in armor, that's me!!"

Scourgebacon
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
How funny would it be if they say Cobra Commander in the show.

tiamot73
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM

I needed a good laugh

exxcess
04-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I PvP'd against a guy named creampie the other day. Got my hopes up

Omnifarious Xji
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Lol, poor Kojiro over here is one of the few with an actual name. XD

<------

Stimulant
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
You'll see, the man known only as Shmiggle is gonna be on that show.

Darkfyre
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
On the other hand, maybe someone named James Grede might make it in :)

JimFinklestein
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Ha! The name Jim Finklestein just exudes machismo and strikes fear into his enemies!

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
this weeks episode was an improvement, they acknowledged crossing over. i cant wait for the competition.

Wtflag
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Lucifer <--- totally badass name and totally out of place.

Deathface Holocaust
04-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Probably can't use anyone that's named after existing properties either such as the 12 Rid****s and 7 Bobafetts I've seen

volge
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Maybe It's the default character bug/glitch everyone seems to see while fighting in major arkfalls.

JerZey CJ
04-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Did the livestream already air? What'd they say about it?

Natjur
04-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Looks like one of our lucky toons from the game will show up on a wanted poster in the TV series, for about half a second as the main char walks past it.....

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Guild Names/charavatoons names cant be stupid ones, I have done the write up of an about what was expected. I hope they will cover this or did cover it...forgot to watch after the show, will have to write a reminder for myself.

Fraga
04-22-2013, 08:46 PM
They said a few things I'm drawing conclusions from, but take it with a grain of salt.

1. It will be the first player character (singular) to be seen on the show
2. Regarding the competition, we should "practice everything" in preparation
3. I believe they said "your character's likeness in the show," or something along those lines

A co-op or clan-related achievement seems out the window, since it's just one person who wins. My two best guesses are 1, a PvP related competition (high score in a shadow war seems most likely), or 2, best overall arkfall score within a set timeframe. From what we've seen so far from this game, I can't imagine they'd add any sort of special content just for this contest.

Another possibility is them adding a new pursuit (like score top in an arkfall,) and they'd then have a random drawing out of everyone who earned it.

Either way, it sounded like your char's name won't be in the show (except maybe in the credits.)

Amarant
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
oh they did go over it? must not have been paying attention.
i doubt it'll be something pvp cause pvp isn't the games main focus. if its related to arkfalls that'd be great i'm always number one if i make it a few minutes in. even when i'm late i mak top 5 ;)

sucks that they didn't actually give any info on how to get your character chosen besides practice everything. how would that even work though? isn't the season's episodes already filmed?

JagerMyk
04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Guild Names/charavatoons names cant be stupid ones, I have done the write up of an about what was expected. I hope they will cover this or did cover it...forgot to watch after the show, will have to write a reminder for myself.
**Defiance Sci-fi gameplay collides with Syfy television in this shooter-MMO Words:Ryan Taljonick**
Ok so again out of @GAMER magazine #24 of November 2012, page 34;2nd paragraph (and I quote) Defiance (the TV show) will air on the Syfy channel, featuring NPC characters from the game as they work together to survive the aftermath of an alien terraforming attack on Earth. The big draw here is that the show will incorporate in-game events in its overarching narrative, and, best of all, player-made clans and characters from the game will eventually become real organizations and characters on the show, creating on massive, interconnected experience-so long as your character isn't named something dumb, like, say, xXDarkNinja420Xx. (end quote)

Santana Ortega
04-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Well whatever they decide on it can't be damage based since too many hackers have altered their client based damage dealing numbers.

Well they better not base it on something like that.

But I would expect it to be a human or irathian and an Ark Hunter 8).

I would expect it to be someone that does Arkfalls though. Maybe someone that has done the most?

Amarant
04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Well whatever they decide on it can't be damage based since too many hackers have altered their client based damage dealing numbers.

Well they better not base it on something like that.

But I would expect it to be a human or irathian and an Ark Hunter 8).

I would expect it to be someone that does Arkfalls though. Maybe someone that has done the most?

those are the only two races so......yeah i'd think so

Crunchyblack
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
The show would be beyond epic if they had someone with a character name like "SeargentSnuggles" on the show as some deranged person.

Wont happen (no that's not my in game name) but would be hilarious if they drew at random and got some derp name guy.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
The show would be beyond epic if they had someone with a character name like "SeargentSnuggles" on the show as some deranged person.

Wont happen (no that's not my in game name) but would be hilarious if they drew at random and got some derp name guy.

They could easily pass it off as a nickname of some sort and make their real name something more appropriate.

captaincrunch
04-22-2013, 09:04 PM
i could be in the show if they still have cereal. all my characters are named after some form. because i want to be a cereal killer.

In game of course

Fraga
04-22-2013, 09:06 PM

As I indicated in my last post I'm just guessing here, but the fact that they specifically said "practice everything" and told people who don't have the game to go pick it up and get playing, I can't imagine it's something people could have been unknowingly working toward before this week.

For it to be a reasonably fair competition, it has to be something that extends over a reasonable amount of time, and unless they plan on actually bringing in a bunch of player characters, it has to allow for a winner from across multiple servers/timezones/whatever.

I'd also assume it'd have to be available for participation by players on xbox, ps3, and PC. But who knows.

I don't want it to be damage based, but I'm having trouble figuring out how they could determine an objective winner without basing it on some type of score... which is more or less all damage outside of PvP.

Maybe it really will be a new set of timed pursuits, and whoever completes them gets entered into a drawing. Who knows!

Deathface Holocaust
04-22-2013, 09:09 PM
This may be why they've kept the initial character customization to a minimum, because they already have the actor and will just change the name.

MacDeath
04-22-2013, 09:26 PM
This may be why they've kept the initial character customization to a minimum, because they already have the actor and will just change the name.
I doubt they will use an actor for our Ark Hunter. Something like a 'Wanted Poster' in Nolan's Jail with the name and likeness of the "winner" would be my guess.

Defy
04-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I wasnt able to watch this, what did they say?

Wash
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
I have an alt called Michael Ironside.

The fact they could actually get Michael Ironside to play Michael Ironside is reason enough for me to win.

TimeViewer
04-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Sorry but someone else already beat all your imaginations before the game even came out:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20130401

Beta582
04-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Sorry but someone else already beat all your imaginations before the game even came out:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20130401

That is simply epic. Internets to you good sir/madam.

Denim Samurai
04-22-2013, 11:14 PM
the contest is going to be cap and defend or hotshot: dam defense, imo

sgtCuddles
04-22-2013, 11:16 PM

Really, though who would make that kind of name? Shouldn't be an issue.

watsbeef
04-22-2013, 11:33 PM
lol i have seens some pretty funny names

SoggyB0tt0m

TheNudeGamer

McJesus3

TimeViewer
04-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Guest appearance by Lobo:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/TimeViewer/Catchall/Lobo_zps125f842c.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/TimeViewer/media/Catchall/Lobo_zps125f842c.jpg.html)

merc zero
04-23-2013, 12:27 AM

as horrible as it is, i played that guy too

Kronik
04-23-2013, 01:00 AM
IMO we need some Kronik in Defiance (its ok Im a patient in WA)