PDA

View Full Version : Who's Watching Defiance On T.V. Tonight? + During Show Discussion

CapN CooK 420
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Tonight is episode two of defiance and I can actually say I'm kind of excited. The first episode wowed me as I thought I wouldn't like the show at all.

What does everyone think will happen?
Will nolan hook up with the mayor? *giggitty*

Feel free to discuss anything about the show and post your thoughts as the episode airs.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
not to be an a** but what happened to the other thread you made yesterday?

Lt_Defiance
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Idk, but I'm excited also, I knew I'd like the show though... Well scratch that, I liked the idea of the show. They could have botched it up, but I feel they did great.

Verios44
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
For a pilot that had to present soo much, new world, environment, characters, drama, races, languages, etc I feel it did a great job, now to the new episode, btw DVR is a beautiful thing.

WrathPhoenix
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
The wife and I have it on right now. Woo !

Crunchyblack
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
anyone with that live stream of the show feel free to post that link.

doesn't appear that any pay site will air the show as it airs on tv, which is dumb.

Lt_Defiance
04-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Watching the end of the last show in waiting, noticed the spider machine thing in the background... That thing will grow and guard San Fran! I trade getting to San Fran by cloaking behind trees, it doesn't work... Guess I have to do the missions :( Nolan, why didn't you blow it up then QQ? It wasn't evil then.. But things change man.

TH3STEVE
04-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I knew I'd like the show though... Well scratch that, I liked the idea of the show. They could have botched it up, but I feel they did great. Totally agree with this!

BluePsion
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't have cable. :( I'll watch it on hulu the day after though...sucks.

WrathPhoenix
04-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Totally agree with this!

I concur. Here here!

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Watching now. So glad this hotel has SyFy I got scared when I didn't see it on the channel list.

Pyth
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, watching it right now.

My only problem is that it's not Firefly.

Man With No Name
04-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Awww Yeee, Watching here.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
was that an infector?

Lt_Defiance
04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Are we supposed to discuss while in commercials?

Hhheeee'ssss ALLLLIIIIIIVEEE!
Muahahahahaahaha

CapN CooK 420
04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Don't post links to illegal sites. Support trion. You lucky people get to watch an hour earlier for me :)

Caeb
04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know when I can watch the episode online via an XBOX 360 Subscription?

Lt_Defiance
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
was that an infector?

Deleted didn't know we didn't see it at the same time.... Makes sense now lol

Sorry if someone saw my post. Small spoiler was in it.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 06:15 PM
So Irisa has er... "certain" marks? Curiouser and curiouser. Also... where the hell is Doc? ;(

My only problem is that it's not Firefly.

That particular flaw applies to far too many shows. Oh, and these forums seriously need spoiler tags.

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:16 PM
So Irisa has er... "certain" marks? Curiouser and curiouser. Also... where the hell is Doc? ;(

That particular flaw applies to far too many shows. Oh, and these forums seriously need spoiler tags.

I see that Doctor :o

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
bath time again... nuff sed

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 06:20 PM

Spoiler tags? If you didn't realize by reading title then spoiler tags wouldn't help.

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Wish I had enough time to bathe as much as they do..I mean jeez...

Crunchyblack
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't post links to illegal sites. Support trion. You lucky people get to watch an hour earlier for me :)

While I normally agree with this...trion and syfy are not very smart to not think this one out.

I mean you have what...90% of your playerbase unable to watch the damn show as it airs, just offer us a way to pay and watch the show with everyone else either via tion or syfy....hell think of it as a perk only people who buy the game can receive (even if it costs additional).

Its going to suck watching the show a day later moving forward..

But yeah that illegal stream is too choppy to even enjoy watching and ive already missed 20 minuets...so I guess ill wait until tomorrow.

Realistically though...both companies need to get their stuff together and realize they could be making money on the show to all these people who don't have the syfy...

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Wish I had enough time to bathe as much as they do..I mean jeez...well it is a ritual haha...

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Spoiler tags? If you didn't realize by reading title then spoiler tags wouldn't help.

Just interested in extending a little common courtesy for the extra curious and stubborn is all. You know someone is going to complain about it sooner or later.

"Mother will take care of it."

After she gets some clothes on and stops stroking your long flowing hair... of course. Hilarious.

divot2001
04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Great
Googly Moogley!
I better get to shoot someone in Old St. Louis.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
that castithan is suffering...

System_Nuked
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Great
Googly Moogley!
I better get to shoot someone in Old St. Louis.

I agree. That would be a nice addition down the road.

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
that castithan is suffering...

I would so want towns and see interesting stuff like that. I think that's what this game needs...along with some other stuff, but towns first!

Draya Thalriss
04-22-2013, 06:29 PM
So, Irathients don't innoculate thier children, hm?

Given they also have a right of passage that requires spending 45 days alone in the wilderness (in total silence, no less), these are not people who love civilization.

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
So, Irathients don't innoculate thier children, hm?

Given they also have a right of passage that requires spending 45 days alone in the wilderness (in total silence, no less), these are not people who love civilization.

Yep I remember reading that in a wiki or perhaps it was intel? Either way I remember reading it from somewhere out there it was probably a wiki more than likely.

That girl (in lost girl) is brutal. I only see her beating up people!

Sayrone
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
anyone else hear the hellbug screams as they sat down to rest in old St.Louise?

Draya Thalriss
04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Yep I remember reading that in a wiki or perhaps it was intel? Either way I remember reading it from somewhere out there it was probably a wiki more than likely.

Yeah, it's from a side mission. The rite is called the Thundra Theshaanu.

Myst

Whaa I missed a lot of things since my mom had to walk in and ask me some stupid questions.

Yeah, it's from a side mission. The rite is called the Thundra Theshaanu.

Oh really? Hmm don't think I did that one, may have to do it when I get home.

DeMoted
There is another thread like this I keep clicking on by accident.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Ol' Grumpy McCalley as a photographer? Never saw that coming. Also... did anybody catch Nolan quickly change the subject after he mentioned the terraforming disaster? Still no Doc... but watching Irisa go feral almost made up for it. Deputy is either going to hit that or die in her arms. I called it during the pilot and still sticking to it.

jerodatgm
04-22-2013, 06:44 PM

Oh lord, I hope that's what that noise was!

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Ol' Grumpy McCalley as a photographer? Never saw that coming. Also... did anybody catch Nolan quickly change the subject after he mentioned the terraforming disaster? Still no Doc... but watching Irisa go feral almost made up for it. Deputy is either going to hit that or die in her arms. I called it during the pilot and still sticking to it.doc was in the scene when the deputy informed nolan about the mine, speaking of nolan, ben is dead.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
doc was in the scene when the deputy informed nolan about the mine, speaking of nolan, ben is dead.

Son of a...

Sayrone
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
walking out of a mine with gulamite+ hungry hellbugs = action. i hope

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Son of a...i was right after all! o.o

Myst
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
They should have revived him!

Sayrone
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
can i get one of those rollers please!

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 06:53 PM
They should have revived him!

Silly Myst... Phoenix Downs doesn't exist in Defiance. LOL. I think Amanda just threw up a little in her mouth when Stahma backed down then kissed her hand.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Silly Myst... Phoenix Downs doesn't exist in Defiance. LOL. I think Amanda just threw up a little in her mouth when Datak backed down then kissed her hand. fixed, 10 chars.

Thuriel
This hotel doesn't have SyFy arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Myst
Silly Myst... Phoenix Downs doesn't exist in Defiance. LOL. I think Amanda just threw up a little in her mouth when Stahma backed down then kissed her hand.

LOL. I thought he was about to say something about copulating or something.

That's what I thought at first so glad they have.

Jeff
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
I know they did not use a Nirvana song at the wedding.......

Myst
04-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Whoa what a twist!

jerodatgm
Oh yeah! Hellbugs next week!

K A S H I H A R A D
LOL. I thought he was about to say something about copulating or something.

I wouldn't blame him though considering his wife is a psycho on the low. I'm still certain she's going to Black Widow him during "Family Bath Time" if they get a little tipsy. I also agree with Nolan that Antarctica either doesn't exist or is way too rich for them to afford.

Oh shtako... HELLBUGS NEXT WEEK!!1

DeMoted
Ohh snap hellbugs!!!!

PRE
This show has epic music, that nirvana song was unexpected

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
I know they did not use a Nirvana song at the wedding.......

I thought that was a funeral..

Xiiego94
whoa what a twist!hellbugs next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evermoore
LoL awesome Hell Bugs! I was giggling like a lil kid. When Nolan said hell bugs hah

Thuriel
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM

ForeignPatriot
"Family Bath Time"

Lol I felt mildly uncomfortable when she was hugging the son. But I'm totally using this term next time someone steps out of line!

Jeff
I thought that was a funeral..

Maybe it was a funeral, got the commercials and show mixed up while playing the game lol

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Maybe it was a funeral, got the commercials and show mixed up while playing the game lol

I'm gonna have to watch it again.

Myst
04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
hellbugs next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: O

I wouldn't blame him though considering his wife is a psycho on the low. I'm still certain she's going to Black Widow him during "Family Bath Time" if they get a little tipsy. I also agree with Nolan that Antarctica either doesn't exist or is way too rich for them to afford.

Oh shtako... HELLBUGS NEXT WEEK!!1

At the end we all find out everything was just some boys dreams :(

Opus
04-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Most of this episode was pretty meh, but the end scene with the music was totally worth it. As well as when the Casti voluntarily walked away with Datak. I kinda figured something like that was going to happen.

(Actually reminded me of some of WH13's more depressing scenes with the music.)

I'm hoping we get more Doc Yewll next week. :-\

squidgod2000
04-22-2013, 07:06 PM
That was much better than the pilot, though it obviously had its flaws (just because it's a nuclear power plant doesn't mean you can just flip the lights on after 30 years. That **** would have melted down decades ago).

Also noticed a possible game teaser in the pilot (that has probably been discusses to death already) where Amanda mentions her meeting with Ara Shondu about a mag-lev. It wouldn't fit very well into the world (Bay and Defiance combined don't have the resources to build it) but if they ever link the areas, that might be how they explain it or it could be how Trion gates the DLC expansion areas.

K A S H I H A R A D
Lol I felt mildly uncomfortable when she was hugging the son. But I'm totally using this term next time someone steps out of line!

The guy that plays her son must have been like "Maaaaaannnnn... I hope this takes a couple of takes."

If Doc doesn't have any lines and/or Irisa doesn't 1v1 a Monarch with her bare hands next Monday... I'm going to cancel my preorder of Defiance 2. If and when it's ever announced in the future, of course.

MadProffeser
That Nirvana cover was blasphemy!

squidgod2000
04-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Ending an episode with a cover is a trendy TV thing right now. Hopefully they continue to do it, continue to do it well, and release a soundtrack.

squidgod2000
04-22-2013, 07:08 PM
The guy that plays her son must have been like "Maaaaaannnnn... I hope this takes a couple of takes."

I don't know, he looks pretty gay to me.

Opus
04-22-2013, 07:11 PM
And how odd is it going to be to have two Jaime Murray shows back-to-back on Mondays? I mean, it's going to be cool, don't get me wrong ... But it's going to be interesting having to flip the switch between Stahma Tarr and H.G. Wells. (Who wrote War of the Worlds. A copy of which Nolan picked up while underground.)

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
At the end we all find out everything was just some boys dreams :(

It is possible the entire universe could have been a Grazbi induced hallucination of Von Bach's genius mind. Given the Nim encounter during the main storyline of the game though I can't imagine he hates himself that much.

I don't know, he looks pretty gay to me.

Probably the hair.

Myst
04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
It is possible the entire universe could have been a Grazbi induced hallucination of Von Bach's genius mind. Given the Nim encounter during the main storyline of the game though I can't imagine he hates himself that much.

I would really hate that if it actually turns out to be true lol.

Xiiego94
04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
: O

At the end we all find out everything was just some boys dreams :("i would like to know more of the Shepard..."

K A S H I H A R A D
04-22-2013, 07:34 PM
"i would like to know more of the Shepard..."

The last thing I wanted to be reminded of is the ending of THAT game.

Myst
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
"i would like to know more of the Shepard..."

The last thing I wanted to be reminded of is the ending of THAT game.

Exactly what s/he has stated >: (

jonwes
04-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I very much enjoyed the second episode, "Down In The Ground Where The Dead Men Go." The pace might have felt a bit slow after the breathless introduction of everything in the pilot, but I thought that helped. With the characters introduced, we were able to focus on just a few this time.

I'm actually not sure which plot line was the A and with was the B plot line had about equal screen time. But let's call the Casti ritual plot line A. For that one, I liked some of the questions is posed about different groups trying to live together. Where is the line between preserving traditions and respecting other cultures and holding the whole group to certain standards and laws? Now, the show sort of gave themselves an easy out here. It's too bad that they didn't let the Casti ritual have more merit and thus make the moral quandary more gray. By making the ritual a torture, I feel like we're a bit too easily put on Irisa, Nolan, Amanda and Tommy's side. It doesn't help that Datak is sort of the villain here. I did think they made a pretty good show of explaining the Casti was of looking at things, though, even if the audience sympathies are pretty clear.

As for the B-plot of chasing Ben into Old St. Louis, it provided some nice visuals, to be sure. But even more I liked the chance for Nolan to bond with Rafe McCawley. I didn't think much of Rafe or most of the McCawley's, to be honest, but I thought they acquitted themselves well here, especially Rafe. I really came to like him more, and be more impressed with the performance overall. I did think it was a bit dumb of Nolan not to realize what Ben would do (how does an Indogene have a name like Ben, btw... wonder what his story is...) after McCawley decided not to kill him. But I was intrigued about the hints of what Rafe did to his wife, and the fact that his beloved son really wasn't so pristine clean... and wanted to get away from him.

It's hard to deny that both story lines didn't have quite the climax I might have hoped for. But I was still entertained and enjoyed getting to know these characters more. I am very intrigued by what happened to Irisa to make her hate chains and get her those scars. Maybe that's why she was glad Nolan killed her parents? One other note - definite improvements on the production standpoint. Alac's (and pretty much all the Castithan hair) looked much better, for one. And, weirdly, the town felt much more "real" to me this time. It seemed a bit more lived in than in the pilot.