PDA

View Full Version : Why do we only get Shields/Grenades at Arkfalls?

Eldiora
04-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Can someone please tell me the reason why Arkfalls only yield Grenades and Shields as rewards after completion? I am sick and tired of the hundres of unseless grenades and shields I get. I have all the shields I could ever need.

TheLastDon
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Can someone please tell me the reason why Arkfalls only yield Grenades and Shields as rewards after completion? I am sick and tired of the hundres of unseless grenades and shields I get. I have all the shields I could ever need.

I agree. I've done about 100 arkfalls and out of 100 shields and grenades I have used 1 of each. Two big pet peeves I have with this game is the weapons dropped on the ground by enemies suck and the shield/grenade rewards at the end of the arkfalls.

Ensu
04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Did you receive useless shields and grenades, or was it really thousands in scrip and salvage?

fishboy11
04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Did you receive useless shields and grenades, or was it really thousands in scrip and salvage?

thousands in scrip and salvage? you'd be lucky to get hundreds at a major arkfall, you usually get about a grand total of 90 scrip and 100 or so salvage when you solo emergency missions and arkfalls arent much better

RequiemPrime
04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
To add insult to injury...opening a lockbox.....and getting nothing but grenades and shields....

-__-

Mordexis
04-22-2013, 07:40 PM
thousands in scrip and salvage? you'd be lucky to get hundreds at a major arkfall, you usually get about a grand total of 90 scrip and 100 or so salvage when you solo emergency missions and arkfalls arent much better

Really? Then you must not be picking everything up that drops. The final boss of a major arkfall will drop either 1x 1000 or 2x 750 ark salvage piles, and each minor arkfall within a major will drop between 100 - 300 salvage AND scrip. Not to mention what each mob at the arkfalls drop. If you do an arkfall from start to finish, you're walking away with at least 1500 salvage and 500 scrip (plus whatever you get from vendoring/salvaging the grenades/sheilds). Pretty solid haul if you ask me.
I've noticed the loot pop-up is sometimes lagged and can take up to a full minute after looting to pop up, but check your resources before and after, and they'll have gone up quite a bit.

RegularX
04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Would like to see something other than Shields + Grenades. Still a good chance I'm just selling it anyway, but would like the chance.

Wynce
04-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Really? Then you must not be picking everything up that drops. The final boss of a major arkfall will drop either 1x 1000 or 2x 750 ark salvage piles, and each minor arkfall within a major will drop between 100 - 300 salvage AND scrip. Not to mention what each mob at the arkfalls drop. If you do an arkfall from start to finish, you're walking away with at least 1500 salvage and 500 scrip (plus whatever you get from vendoring/salvaging the grenades/sheilds). Pretty solid haul if you ask me.
I've noticed the loot pop-up is sometimes lagged and can take up to a full minute after looting to pop up, but check your resources before and after, and they'll have gone up quite a bit.

Progenitor drops 3k salvage. 4x 750.

Wtflag
04-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Actually I like it.

If you need weapons, mini-bosses in coop usually drops blues.

Now they just need to make lockboxes drop ONLY weapons then everything will be fine as which ever you lack you can just farm that particular event.

Mordexis
04-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Progenitor drops 3k salvage. 4x 750.

Aha! I was wracking my brain trying to remember if it was 1500 (2x 750) or 3000 (4x 750), and took a shot in the dark.. I was wrong.. thanks for the correction!

I pretty much just do the arkfalls for the fun and the salvage/scrip. The majority of the grenades and shields I get, I just immediately salvage. Although, I've gotten a few I hold on to, to try out.

Lyokira
04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Eh, the best grenade I got is from a lockbox anyway. (0 det time purple pyro grenade)