PDA

View Full Version : Vendor weapon nerf?

Alex Drake
04-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Anyone else notice today that vendor weapons seem to default with one unlocked slot now regardless of ego level? Before today I could go to any of the vendors that sell green weapons and they all had four slots unlocked by default because of my ego level. As I have leveled the vendor weapons have defaulted with more slots same as drops which is the only benefit for leveling. The stats don't certainly don't improve. The only thing that improves is number of open slots and bonuses like synergies. With the speed at which weapons max out the experience bar I have to buy a vendor green from time to time due to not getting the weapon I am using as a drop and I have always been able to toss four mods into the vendor weapons since around 1000 ego. I really hope this is just a bug and not an intentional nerf. I hate the fact that I have to switch weapons constantly to continue leveling a weapon skill and it costs an exorbitant amount of resources to add slots at the speed in which weapons are replaced.

Lyokira
04-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Anyone else notice today that vendor weapons seem to default with one unlocked slot now regardless of ego level? Before today I could go to any of the vendors that sell green weapons and they all had four slots unlocked by default because of my ego level. As I have leveled the vendor weapons have defaulted with more slots same as drops which is the only benefit for leveling. The stats don't certainly don't improve. The only thing that improves is number of open slots and bonuses like synergies. With the speed at which weapons max out the experience bar I have to buy a vendor green from time to time due to not getting the weapon I am using as a drop and I have always been able to toss four mods into the vendor weapons since around 1000 ego. I really hope this is just a bug and not an intentional nerf. I hate the fact that I have to switch weapons constantly to continue leveling a weapon skill and it costs an exorbitant amount of resources to add slots at the speed in which weapons are replaced.

Checking, what's the ego levels of the weapons you're getting in the shops? I heard at specific ego levels where the bonuses improve, the number of slots more or less resets to 1..

Agent09
04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
This isn't much help BUT - I think the vendor weapons should have all 4 slots open and available for mods. I have spent a disgusting amount of money leveling weapon xp by adding additional slots (not to mention the weapon skill roll backs or just plain resetting). Pathetic mechanic - I think it did change for me around 900 ego - it seems like I always have to add one slot (27K resources about). I have just stopped adding the mod slot and when i get to a co-op boss I swap out for my "primary" weapon which is maxed for xp, just so i don't drag the boss fight out and pull my weight. All of which should not be happening in game, imho.

Im Lost
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM

I just bought an AR with 4 open slots and Survivalist synergy from a vendor. I'm Ego 1,142 and the AR is 1,042 though I doubt it matters.

Natjur
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Each X level (around 250 ego it appears) the default weapons from the shops changed for me.
The items where about the same name\type but the nano effect (on or off) or mods opened changed.

So for me it appears
0-250 all weapons had nano effects, but no mod slots open by default (I could open all 4 but had to pay for each)
250-500 all weapons had no nano effect, but one mod slot was opened already (so only had to pay for the other 3)
500-750 all weapons had a nano effect and one mod slot was opened already
750-1000 all weapons had no nano effect, but two mod slots were opened already (so only had to pay for the other 2, but the last two mods cost a lot to open)
1000-1250 all weapons had a nano effect and two mod slots open

At 1250-1483 the pattern changed, and I am now getting a mixture. All weapons have nano effects and have 2 or 3 mod slots already opened.

Not sure what happens at 1500 if anything and theses are the normal vendors, not the rep vendors

But I have not brought a new weapon since the patch, so I hope they have not broken it.

DejaVooDoo
04-22-2013, 08:46 PM

noticed exactly the same thing today. all of a sudden vendor weapons, even the faction vendor purples, have 0 or 1 slot.

Natjur
04-22-2013, 08:50 PM
noticed exactly the same thing today. all of a sudden vendor weapons, even the faction vendor purples, have 0 or 1 slot.

Has to be a bug..... please be a bug

Aternak
04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
This happens at around 1600; the weapon quality goes up a tier and they begin to have multiple random modifiers instead of just one. For some reason the amount of slots starts from scratch at this tier, but don't worry, they will increase from that point on as your EGo rating goes up.

Alex Drake
04-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Ego level is 1633 by the way. Was visiting just about every vendor earlier and a couple random weapons still have four slots open but the majority are back to one slot for me for some reason. The specials all seemed to have four though. I really hope this is a bug and not intentionally trying to get us to search for specials or drops of the weapon we are leveling. I am all for drops being superior to vendor equipment if my weapon didn't need to be replaced every hour due to how weapon experience works.

Alex Drake
04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
This happens at around 1600; the weapon quality goes up a tier and they begin to have multiple random modifiers instead of just one. For some reason the amount of slots starts from scratch at this tier, but don't worry, they will increase from that point on as your EGo rating goes up.

Seems like a legitimate answer then since I just peaked over 1600. Does seem a little annoying though.

Tgreen
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Has to be a bug..... please be a bug

Or it was a bug that weapons had too many slots.

I thought it was because my EGO rating got higher that wepons came with 0-1 mod slots instead of 3-4 ... guess it has nothing to do with that, I didn't see any increase in slots available between 1600 and 2300.

And btw, who adds slots to a weapon that will be salvaged after less then an hour of using it? O___o

Natjur
04-22-2013, 09:31 PM

I thought it was because my EGO rating got higher that wepons came with 0-1 mod slots instead of 3-4 ... guess it has nothing to do with that, I didn't see any increase in slots available between 1600 and 2300.

And btw, who adds slots to a weapon that will be salvaged after less then an hour of using it? O___o

No, my ego was not over 1600, so it sounds like its just a 'feature' once you get to 1600 ego

Alex Drake
04-22-2013, 10:16 PM

2,000 scrip for 4 white mods from vendor. not huge bonuses nut still useful and worth cost to me

Tgreen
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Well ... guess I'll have to wait and see if more mod slots get more common again.
For now I have a healthy pool of salvage and the frequency where I find any weapon that I consider worth keeping beyond leveling for weapon exp isn't very high ... last 13 T3 lockboxes got me 2 purples (both went straight into the matrix) ... guess my saved up salvage won't be needed anytime soon.

2,000 scrip for 4 white mods from vendor. not huge bonuses nut still useful and worth cost to me

The mods themselves cost practically nothing. I did say 'who adds slots' not 'who adds mods', right? : o

Adding the slots however is a whole different story, since I hope you're aware that 24000 salvage are equal to 1 lockbox.
And this discussion is about the number of slots that's available on purchase.

Steppdaddy
04-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Ego 2400, still very few mod slots if any since 1600.

It's really making the game a pain in the ***. 33k salvage to add a second mod slot?

That's 33 key codes, and they aren't that plentiful anymore.

Damn it. I miss the first two weeks.

Valethar
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Ego 2400, still very few mod slots if any since 1600.

It's really making the game a pain in the ***. 33k salvage to add a second mod slot?

That's 33 key codes, and they aren't that plentiful anymore.

Or to put it in a more painful perspective:

33 purples salvaged
44 blues salvaged
66 greens salvaged
132 whites salvaged

The cost goes up per slot, so it gets even more expensive as you add them.

AngryFire
04-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Makes me wish I would of stocked up on my favorite 4 open slot saw before i hit 1600, sitting at 1700 now and can get 1 slot at the every vendor or no slots. It probably is with ego but i could of swore i was getting plenty of them before that last mini patch.

Arkental
04-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Ego 2011 here. Most weapons currently have 1 open slot for me, be it specials or the regular greens for the specific vendor. Most weapons had 4 open slots earlier, but I can't recall at which rating it changed for me.

On a side-note, the increasing cost of adding mod slots as you level up while income roughly stays the same is a pain in the arse.