PDA

View Full Version : All vehicles in game 50% off for the next 48 hours!

Rend
04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
As announced in the aftershow over on twitch.tv

Clay Griffith
04-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Now we just need some cool vehicles in the shop.

Kadirra
04-22-2013, 08:24 PM

So far it's only the Bit Store vehicles. The ones in-game for scrip are same price.

hardy83
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Almost $25 worth of bits to get all the vehicles if anyone cares to know. :P

Natjur
04-22-2013, 09:04 PM
The vehicles you get with bits, are they any better then any of the in-game ones, or just different colours?

Can you get the same colour ones from in-game vendors, or this a bit only kind of deal

Crunchyblack
04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Meh I have so many in game vehicles, don't see a need to pay money for a slight repaint.

I mean I cant even really tell on those damn shopping cart vehicles anyway.

Maybe if the cash shop vehicles had a colored ground effect it would be worth it...but even half off for a repaint is too much for what you get.

RequiemPrime
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Meh I have so many in game vehicles, don't see a need to pay money for a slight repaint.

I mean I cant even really tell on those damn shopping cart vehicles anyway.

Maybe if the cash shop vehicles had a colored ground effect it would be worth it...but even half off for a repaint is too much for what you get.

Tell me about. I would want a real world money Hannibal to be able to plow right through a Bulwark, without a so much as a dent to it's shields.

Also agree about the neon light undercarriage. :D

Padooka
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Are the TMW Hannibal VBI 800r's u can buy in the bit shop slower than the 800r's you can get from the in game vendors? The Details screen sure seem to list slower speeds....

Viryu
04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
They looks just like colour retextures. And you can't tell from stats alone, since there was a bug that shows one set of stats in the store and different ones (in my case lower) when you bought them and check in your inventory. I'm assuming the same thing happens with the bit store.

DejaVooDoo
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Are the TMW Hannibal VBI 800r's u can buy in the bit shop slower than the 800r's you can get from the in game vendors? The Details screen sure seem to list slower speeds....

I assume that's b/c in the shop the bonuses from your runner skill level haven't been applied. they has been applied to the stats on the ones you own.

Rizaun
04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
This would be exciting if the vehicles in the store were interesting or unique.

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
The vehicles you get with bits, are they any better then any of the in-game ones, or just different colours?

Can you get the same colour ones from in-game vendors, or this a bit only kind of deal

The Bit ones have unique color/patterns, but statwise dont seem any better.

Padooka
04-23-2013, 12:16 AM
I bought one from the bit store and it's definitely slower than the vender ones. I can switch between them and there is a definite difference in speed. They are slower.

The ones in the bit store are listed as VBI. The ones in the vender store do not have the VBI in the name. I guess they are different.

Nmalthus
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
One would assume they are adding more to the shop on Tuesday. The current selection is far from exciting.

Ozzalin
04-23-2013, 12:33 AM
I got so many vehicles from the game itself: Regular vendors + Special offers + Hidden vendors, that after a while...
I totally forgot that there was a micro store with vehicles in it.

After clicking on the vehicle tab, i saw about 7 of the same vehicles i already have except that, by paying real money, i could have the possibility to get a runner:
Light Orange-Tan-Blue, instead of Dark Green-Tan-Blue...

Hehe, no thanks i'll pass.

Arsenic_Touch
04-23-2013, 12:52 AM
I suppose Trion felt like trolling us.

Blastiel
04-23-2013, 12:56 AM

This would be great news if the vehicles actually offered some sort of benefit to the paying customer. Changing the colour doesn't justify the cost.

If they were shop only vehicles then people might be interested or if they came with +10 Vehicle Skill Boost Earned. I've got about 5 of those 800's as every now and then they pop up for 500 Scrip at Vendors.

Padooka
04-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Well that's why I bought one. I was curious if they were the same as the ones you can buy from the venders. I have to say that they aren't. The 800 I got is a lot slower than the ones i have bought from the venders. LIke I said earlier the bit shop ones have the VBI in the name. I don't think they are the same vehicles with repaints....

So no real benefit...as a matter of fact they seem worse :(

Dunnomatic
04-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Everyone realizes that by pointing out they're not buying them because you've got them from vendors will probably cause their appearance rate in shops to be lowered right? Lol

Jumper Prime
04-23-2013, 09:41 AM
They looks just like colour retextures. And you can't tell from stats alone, since there was a bug that shows one set of stats in the store and different ones (in my case lower) when you bought them and check in your inventory. I'm assuming the same thing happens with the bit store.

WAS? It's still there! I bought a new runner at the vendor in Iron Demon Ranch, the stats said it was faster than the one I already had. I plunked down 5.5K scrip for it, but when I equip it I'm shocked to discover that I've been sold a bill of goods. Between the time it was in the shop and when it hit my inventory, it got a lot slower, no better than the one I already had, and the damage stat was less than on the runner I was using.

Orge Lambart
04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
want to sell bit cars, add in the Hauler, Cerberus or other unique items, dont' sell us repaints. Then again if they offered Hauler and Cerberus as shop exclusive cars, everyone would call it pay 2 win...

I have so many cars in game anyway, no real need to purchase them. Have Red in everything so I'm good. From time to time toss in a pink ride just for the LOL

Hope499
04-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Always use my Pink runner....have no need for any other color, even more so one paid with Bits.....