PDA

View Full Version : Is the Season Pass worth it?

Victim Eyes
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
All of the story content and missions are free. What would I actually be paying for?

(besides vehicles, weapons, and the other alien races)

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Unknown if its worth it at this time. None of the DLCs for the Season Pass have been released yet.

However there will be missions and storylines in the DLCs. The other stuff is the bonus. But they will also be releasing more free content as well.

ForeignPatriot
04-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Worse case you can hold out until they announce the actual content of the DLC and then decide ;)

Cutlass Jack
04-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Worse case you can hold out until they announce the actual content of the DLC and then decide ;)

No harm at all in doing this. And its what I'm doing. They confirmed the Season Pass will still be available after DLCs start coming out for it.

Victim Eyes
04-22-2013, 09:33 PM

That's what I'm planning. I'm also impatient. So I want to get it and be done with it. Still can't decide.

Niquara
04-22-2013, 09:34 PM
If you want speculation based on similar games.....

Possibly instances available only to dlc owners.... doesnt block the full community out of areas,, and could provide xp and weapons (so no actual 'advantage' over other players except for having different things to kill)

Myst
04-22-2013, 09:34 PM
The only thing we have all speculated is that areas would be unlocked but the missions and etc wouldn't be? I think that's one thing I've heard. The other is of course the opposite. It's hard to say since they said they don't want to divide players, with that statement it's hard to tell.

Xyr3s
04-22-2013, 09:36 PM
god opnly knows lol... and trion :p i dunno y but they have this thing where they keep people in the dark till the last moment... like they kept the nda on through all the beta till launch... only lifted it for 1 weekend.....

at this point im just like meh.... itll come when ever it comes out and if its good its good if it's bad the game will maybe die... lol

ForeignPatriot
04-22-2013, 09:36 PM
That's what I'm planning. I'm also impatient. So I want to get it and be done with it. Still can't decide.

Haha I can sympathize! If you can afford it and are pretty sure you'll be playing the game, I say go for it! It might feel a little cool being all like "Oh, I don't need to pay for this new stuff".

On the other hand, if you can't decide, tell yourself you're not gonna get it. That way you can still change your mind later, but you won't be out the extra scrip :D

Niquara
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Basically,,,, as things stand based on actual information from the devs....

Buying a season pass right now (i have one myself) is akin to buying a t4 lockbox....

Fivluih
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
I mean hell bug cap..... Nuff said!

Victim Eyes
04-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Haha I can sympathize! If you can afford it and are pretty sure you'll be playing the game, I say go for it! It might feel a little cool being all like "Oh, I don't need to pay for this new stuff".

On the other hand, if you can't decide, tell yourself you're not gonna get it. That way you can still change your mind later, but you won't be out the extra scrip :D

I can buy this season pass just like I purchased the Black Ops II season pass. Oh wait, the second DLC came out six months later...? I downloaded it and haven't touched it. Anyone wanna try out the new Alcatraz Zombie map???? me either... :p I may get back into CoD, I am a huge fan(embarassed to say, but when you're good...you're good)b/c the new zombs does look cool...Ray Liotta, Good Fellas represent!

J_matt
04-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I would say you get more in game rewards e.g titles, outfits, vehicles, weapons and maybe exclusive missions for those that have purchased the season/dlc as well.....

Victim Eyes
04-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm going to purchase it. I already know that. I just want to hear the rest of the communities responses and opinions.

Victim Eyes
04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
anyone else care to fill me in with their opinions of the season pass? I really am curious...

Olcsonn
04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
I'd wager that they won't have a DLC until close to the end of season 1... Just my guess.

Victim Eyes
04-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd wager that they won't have a DLC until close to the end of season 1... Just my guess.

1st dlc is suppose to be out next week, or so i thought. i'd wager the final dlc for season 1, #5, would come out at the end of the season.

PRE
04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm not buying it until

1) they shove they actually give a rats *** about the ps3 version
2) patches actually fix and not create issues
3) info is revealed and it's not something stupid

Olcsonn
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
1st dlc is suppose to be out next week, or so i thought. i'd wager the final dlc for season 1, #5, would come out at the end of the season.

I hope you are right, that would be great!

Kronic
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
All of the story content and missions are free. What would I actually be paying for?

(besides vehicles, weapons, and the other alien races)

Until the game has some leg's I wouldn't worry about the DLC future. Buy it later if the game makes it that far.