PDA

View Full Version : Vid - How to Arkfall - Revolting Hellbugs

Capt Stach3
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
This video covers basic tips and strategy when running an Arkfall. This instance - Revolting Hellbugs. It covers weapon selection, power loadout what to do during the actual Arkfall.

Follow this guide to increase your DPS - even with common and uncommon weapons and a low EGO rating.

http://youtu.be/UAH2yzGIf6k

Enjoy!

*UPDATE* New Video: Advanced Arkfalling

Thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?59544-Video-Advanced-Arkfalling&p=539591#post539591

Have suggestions for your own arkfall tricks? Topic requests for the next video? Let me know.

Bellowingbob
04-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Good Video, needed at least one "all over it like a fat kid on cake" joke tho, don't know how ya would have worked it in there but i have confidence it will make it in one day.

Gotta love the flying bodies caused by the belly flopping hell bug and the occasional melee to the crystal.

Defy
04-22-2013, 11:34 PM
thanks for the vid :)

marv1
04-23-2013, 12:15 AM
I did this about a week back as well. I have a loadout which is specifically for arkfalls, Saw with 135 round mag and power bore II barrel on. Also set my perks to overcharge maxed, there is also another perk which gives you an extra 6 seconds of overcharge and that perk rocks.

Damage score is where its at so I go run around the red crystal and wait for the skitters to bite then overcharge on and I am getting 707 dmg on them yellow blobs firing on the flying hellbugs and them blob splitters out from the ground as well.

On the last one I go mainly for the flying hellbugs as they give you over 400 dmg score then when you can hit the hellion or matron overcharge on and 16 seconds of 135 round fury gets unleashed.

Consistently in top 3 with this loadout and topped first place in 3 major arkfalls in a row a couple of days ago.

Era
04-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Awful video. Awful awful video. SAWs have their place in an Arkfall during the Hellion's vulnerable cycle and maws, but during the crystal segment you should main your Wolfhound and hug the crystal, not fire on the crystal outside of its weakpoints (firing slows you down letting you hunt for weakpoints more slowly and exposing you to Archers and blastpods), and never screw with the enemies (just keep moving and they will always miss). Then once you hit the Hellion, SAW the maws and Hellion and ground pounder the monarchs.

Knight776
04-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Very informative and extremely entertaining... Learned a few things myself. Thanks!!!

Capt Stach3
04-23-2013, 04:45 AM
One note for the vid - I speed up sections for time, such as the driving - but I also have a few slow motion segments to highlight hitting a critical point or an enemy turning its aggro onto me (i.e. you - the player).

Don't mistake this for lag. I didn't have any significant lag for this ark fall.

Pelaquin
04-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Loved your accent man, and i learned something to so its all good :).

Huds0n
04-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Awful video. Awful awful video. SAWs have their place in an Arkfall during the Hellion's vulnerable cycle and maws, but during the crystal segment you should main your Wolfhound and hug the crystal, not fire on the crystal outside of its weakpoints (firing slows you down letting you hunt for weakpoints more slowly and exposing you to Archers and blastpods), and never screw with the enemies (just keep moving and they will always miss). Then once you hit the Hellion, SAW the maws and Hellion and ground pounder the monarchs.

It's not awful. What he does actually works and you do a ton of damage so if you have a different way then that's all good too. I even have my way and always come in the top 5 which i'm happy with.:D

PS. make more videos Capt Stach

Dunnomatic
04-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Good video despite some mistakes like the matriarch part.

The question is why hasn't anyone done a "Teach me how to Dougie" version of how to Arkfall? Make this happen.

Capt Stach3
04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Good video despite some mistakes like the matriarch part.

The question is why hasn't anyone done a "Teach me how to Dougie" version of how to Arkfall? Make this happen.

Amazingly, Dunnomatic, I actually prototyped a "Teach me how to Dougie" build!

Sadly, it's DPS was abysmally low and other players complained about the lack of any back-up guitar riffs (or any instrument for that matter). I had to scrap it.

Darkane
05-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Loved your video. Thanks for the info. Going to try this later tonight!

SymbolicGamer
05-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry Reverend Lovejoy, but this is how to arkfall:

Drive Challenger over a couple hellbugs, then go do something else for 20 minutes, like hitting another arkfall.

No reason to stick around.

Moose Of Woe
05-04-2013, 04:05 PM

Agreed with most of that. The only thing I do differently is use a Wolfhound on the Maws as well instead of a SAW. Damage drop off doesn't seem terrible even as high up as they are.

If the Hellion is right on top of me I'll use the Wolfhound on the tail and then switch to a SAW for distance shooting.

To TC - Good effort on the video. Not a terrible strategy, but not the most effective overall...at least if you're shooting for a ludicrous score.

aeryk117
05-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Great video - I use a very similar loadout (sans scope) and score very well. Never thought of cherry picking a "vacant" mini-arkfall to start, however:)