PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on Pre Order

SETit_allABLAZE
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
I am worried about the game a bit, Halo 4 does not work for me, the servers are always messing up for me, Far cry 3's multiplayer doesn't work either. So idk if I should pre order through amazon so i can get a beta, or if I should pre order from Walmart and pick it up at midnight, that way i can play it before i go to work :/ your thoughts?

QuietRiotUSMC
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
I am worried about the game a bit, Halo 4 does not work for me, the servers are always messing up for me, Far cry 3's multiplayer doesn't work either. So idk if I should pre order through amazon so i can get a beta, or if I should pre order from Walmart and pick it up at midnight, that way i can play it before i go to work :/ your thoughts?

I got the Game Stop Edition but i am thinking about picking up a copy at walmart on midnight so i can play through the night :)

Ragna
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
If you're having problems with your other games; I would order from Amazon or anyone else that have beta invite with pre-order.

Infinite Eureka
03-19-2013, 09:41 PM

Just a thought... If the servers and stuff are not working and are messing up for you, have you checked your connection stability? :O

DJTrig
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
And have you tried port forwarding,had to do this a few years back when i had serious connection issues with the modem from my old ISP.

SETit_allABLAZE
03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Just a thought... If the servers and stuff are not working and are messing up for you, have you checked your connection stability? :O

Well all I know, is my NAT type is always on Open and runs perfectly on all the other games I have, and I know of other people who have problems on far cry and Halo 4 also. I just bought Crysis 3, and it worked online. So I'm torn between the two choices lol

SETit_allABLAZE
03-19-2013, 09:49 PM
And have you tried port forwarding,had to do this a few years back when i had serious connection issues with the modem from my old ISP.

I forwarded one number for COD Black Ops II and it worked, but when i tried to do another some idiot at my internet provider said i had to come in with the numbers and I have 0 clue where it is.

Infinite Eureka
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Well all I know, is my NAT type is always on Open and runs perfectly on all the other games I have, and I know of other people who have problems on far cry and Halo 4 also. I just bought Crysis 3, and it worked online. So I'm torn between the two choices lol

Either or, I am going to the midnight at gamestop, so I would go for that one, just make sure you ask for your product key, they have been notorious for not giving them.

Paladin
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Either or, I am going to the midnight at gamestop, so I would go for that one, just make sure you ask for your product key, they have been notorious for not giving them.
How do you find out if a GameStop is doing midnight release? Do you go online or call them asking for list of midnights releases they have?

DJTrig
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I forwarded one number for COD Black Ops II and it worked, but when i tried to do another some idiot at my internet provider said i had to come in with the numbers and I have 0 clue where it is.

I had no idea what i was doing,i just ran a search for port forwarding and my modem model (on the advice of a friend) and found a step by step guide,did what it said and all was well afterwards.

P.S. as i recall,one of my big problem games at the time was halo 3.

Infinite Eureka
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
How do you find out if a GameStop is doing midnight release? Do you go online or call them asking for list of midnights releases they have?

I would call, since I have a few friends that work there, I know they will be having one, since they hit over 30 preorders. It deals with the amount of orders I think, to if they have one .

SETit_allABLAZE
03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
I had no idea what i was doing,i just ran a search for port forwarding and my modem model (on the advice of a friend) and found a step by step guide,did what it said and all was well afterwards.

P.S. as i recall,one of my big problem games at the time was halo 3.

Ok, I need to do that sometime too, I just need to find out which one to do. I'm terrible at that type of stuff.

Old Fecker
03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Use this website to sort out forwarding ports. Just click on the link(s) for your particular model of router and if it's compatible with port forwarding (not all routers are btw) then you can just run through the steps.

Off the top of my head ports 3074 & 88 need opening for XBL to work properly.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/XboxLive360/